*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,664 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Gallo K's. Color me shocked. Get his ass out of here. I don't give a damn if he turns it around for another team. He is no benefit to the Rangers right now. Just a black hole in the lineup
South Platte
How bad of a pitcher do you have to be to give up a hit to Gallo? He may be the worst player in the mlb.
xjrayx
AG

Might as well start scoreboard watching for a better draft spot next year
Mr Gigem
AG
What's funny is that pitcher is allowing a .295 avg to left handed hitters. 2nd highest in the league. And he stuck out Gallo. Laughable
South Platte
xjrayx said:

Might as well start scoreboard watching for a better draft spot next year

Like it matters. We've never developed a pitcher in the history of our franchise and the position players are very rare. We'll find a way to draft the most injury prone lemon in the 1st round.
alvtimes
Mr Gigem said:

wow I'm shocked. Guess I don't know the rule, but it certainly looks like Calhoun is trying to slide into the fielder

to simplify.... dont overslide the bag, still be able to contact the bag and no high spikes..... Willie adhered to the rule.
Tastybrisket10
AG
Hot take - guys like Newberg make the problem worse promoting our top 28 farm system like it's the key to a championship 8 years from now. Maybe it's because I am not subscribed to The Athletic or Twitter but does he still have the same following?
WestTexasAg
AG
I can't remember the last time Gallo actually got a meaningful hit.
hawk1689
AG
I get what you're saying based on recent history. We did develop Kevin Brown and Kenny Rogers. Two guys that were borderline HOF.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
Newberg is a season ticket holder. He's also a scumbag
Trucker 96
Mr Gigem said:

I love story time. Let's hear it
South Platte
hawk1689 said:

I get what you're saying based on recent history. We did develop Kevin Brown and Kenny Rogers. Two guys that were borderline HOF.
I stand corrected, those are 2 pitchers we developed over our 40 year history. Their success in Texas was mixed, and throw in Neftali Feliz as pitcher we developed that enjoyed brief success. None remotely entered HOF discussion.

Daniels and his staff did an incredible job evaluating minor league talent prior to our WS runs and making trades that was critical to our success. We have zero chance of recreating that success through the draft. Nobody does really, even the Astros tank job didn't result in players critical to their WS runs.

rbtexan
S
Don't forget that Dave Righetti was also a Ranger's minor league pitcher we traded away for Sparky Lyles.

Kevin Brown, Bobby Witt, Kenny Rogers....we've developed a few. The problem has been that we traded away the ones we should've kept, and kept the ones we should've dumped.
DallasAg 94
South Platte
CampingAg said:

South Platte, you didn't post on this thread until the most recent stretch. Feel free to join us when things are going well too. The team was actually overachieving and playing a fun brand of baseball prior to this meat grinder portion of the schedule. Looks like you just started watching one week ago though.
Mr Gigem
AG
Fore Left! said:

Mr Gigem said:

No story in particular. Just the way he acts towards people here
Schall 02
AG
I've heard he's as conceited as his writing tends towards.
sburg2007
Schall 02 said:

I've heard he's as conceited as his writing tends towards.
well he is a sip so there's that.
wbt5845
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Fore Left! said:

Mr Gigem said:

No story in particular. Just the way he acts towards people here

I've never understood being a D towards you guys. Y'all can do nice things for us. I guess some people think that they can drop a few g's on tickets and now they're king of the world.
xjrayx
AG
Well on the way to 15 straight road losses this afternoon
ryanhnc10
AG
I prefer losing 10-8 like the old days to this junk where we score 1 run a game
rbtexan
S
This is not a good team
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
1 run would be a huge improvement. The radio guys just said Goober has thrown 10 pitches in each of the last two innings.
rbtexan
S
Wes Benjamin must have compromising pictures of someone in upper management. He's awful and they keep running him out there.
Tastybrisket10
AG
I got no problem with Benjamin or de Geus...someone's gotta eat the dead innings. All about expectations. Folty going less than 4 is the bigger problem.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Tastybrisket10
AG
...but he has a great "spin rate" on his fastball!!! That was the reason we were told on him this year from the Rangers, right?
Tastybrisket10
AG
My sourness lately comes from the Dallas Media who continually fawn over whatever the Rangers tell them. But it's always been an issue - has been since Nolan left. Instead we get articles about how we don't like how the front office is doing business. It's to the point where my only coverage is MLB app and Trade Rumors.
Schall 02
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

I prefer losing 10-8 like the old days to this junk where we score 1 run a game

In Colorado...
Trucker 96
If you ignore the runs in the 9th when the game was long over, this makes 6 out of 7 games where they scored 2 or less. And the 7th was 3 runs. ****ing ugly.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.