*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

232,973 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, his next deal needs to be pretty damn reasonable or I'm fine with him walking, regardless of his agent. Just not a fan of a lineup constructed with guys like him. It is feast or famine baseball, mostly famine
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
In my mind, if they don't get him extended prior to July 31, he needs to be traded. I would view it as a failure if he is still here next year without an extension.
Trucker 96
Trade him for what though? He doesn't drive in runs so I just don't expect much in return
jtstanley4621
AG
Dunning with a 4.71 ERA Starting to not feel great about him going forward. From a velocity standpoint his stuff is very average and I don't really get the sense that he's going to be an extreme control/location pitcher
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
Quote:

And use the coupon code for a discount

Done! Thanks for setting that up for us.

KT 90
AG

KT 90
AG
from today's Scott Lucas email:
"2B Andy Ibanez: 2-4, HR (6), .352/.410/.648

(Written last night) Andy Ibanez has four homers and a 1.200 slugging percentage in his last eight games. (Written today) Andy Ibanez is being recalled and will start at 2B tonight, and according to at least one local report he's not up just to warm the end of the bench. The Rangers haven't made a corresponding move (they will announce it two minutes after I hit "send."). If a position player is headed out, the options, based on their absence from the starting lineup, are OF Jason Martin, IF Charlie Culberson, IF Nick Solak, and C Jonah Heim. The Rangers aren't playing with one catcher, obviously. Solak hasn't hit well lately but would be a curious choice for demotion. Notably, Ibanez made his first professional start in the outfield a week ago, although he hasn't reappeared there. He's roughly split time evenly between third and second this season, but the past five games have been exclusively at third. He's yet to man short in 2021. I saw him there during 2019, and while I wouldn't go so far as to declare him a "backup shortstop," he seemed acceptable to me."
gigem1223
Meanwhile Curtis Terry continues to mash in AAA. Just hit for the cycle the other night. .314 BA, .614 SLG, .995 OPS, What more does he have to do to get the call?
KT 90
AG
And here is the answer on who is headed to AAA:

Schall 02
AG
Ibanez is alllllllright. Lol
dave94
AG
I know it doesn't really matter with the way this season is going, but I cannot believe all 4 umpires missed that foul off Ibanez' foot.

Ridiculous!
WestTexasAg
AG
Where did Ibanez come from?
Schall 02
AG
I want Leiter:

https://www.espn.com/college-baseball/boxscore/_/gameId/401337413
rbtexan
S
WestTexasAg said:

Cuba....he's been in the Rangers farm system for a few years now. Has an all hit-no field rep that has probably held him back. But he can hit.
alvtimes
Schall 02 said:

I want Leiter:

https://www.espn.com/college-baseball/boxscore/_/gameId/401337413

same.... he gave up a HR.... get him while his value is down!!! lol
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
Well, Ibanez was better last night than Solak's been. I want to see more of him.
rbtexan
S
DallasAg 94 said:

rbtexan said:

WestTexasAg said:

Cuba....he's been in the Rangers farm system for a few years now. Has an all hit-no field rep that has probably held him back. But he can hit.

So... like many of the Rangers... Calhoun, Solak, Lowe, the guys we've been rolling out to 3rd...
Don't you think you've beat this horse to death twenty times over? We know the roster is jacked up. We know we don't have enough talent signed for '22, '23, and beyond. We understand, we get it.

What's your solution? We don't have anything of value to trade to get top prospects or players. The ownership group isn't willing to spend money, probably because they're wanting to flip the team. What exactly do you think could realistically be done?

Trading a handful of crappy players to get more crappy players just so we can have the "feel good's" about being competitive isn't going to get us anywhere either. I don't give a crap about being "competitive". If you're not first, you're last.

I'm on board with the idea of taking a number of years to rebuild the team from the foundation up. We'll see how serious ownership/management with the upcoming draft, and more importantly during the coming off-season. But expecting radical, meaningful changes right now is asinine, and simply isn't going to happen. This is the roster we have, it's what we're stuck with, and we might as well get used to it. Harping about it constantly isn't going to change one.single.thing.
wbt5845
AG
I've said this til I'm blue in the face - 2021 was meant to discover who is a piece of the future.

Sure, we think we can look at the major league team, the farm system and project "gee everyone sucks". But then they don't.

Did we think before the season Adolis Garcia was part of the future? Do we now?

Did we know IKF would be a good major league SS? Do we now?

Did we think Jose Trevino had any shot at being a solid major league catcher? Do we now?

Did we think Nate Lowe would be an everyday first baseman? Do we now?

Who is the next piece we're gonna learn is a piece of the future? Ibanez? Allard? Dunning? I don't know - you don't either.

You let guys play this year and when we get enough home grown pieces, then hopefully ownership will jump in and pay for free agents. This ownership group has shown that when the team is good, they will pay for free agents. But it's ridiculous to pay for free agents at this point.
South Platte
rbtexan said:

DallasAg 94 said:

rbtexan said:

WestTexasAg said:

So... like many of the Rangers... Calhoun, Solak, Lowe, the guys we've been rolling out to 3rd...
Don't you think you've beat this horse to death twenty times over? We know the roster is jacked up. We know we don't have enough talent signed for '22, '23, and beyond. We understand, we get it.

What's your solution? We don't have anything of value to trade to get top prospects or players. The ownership group isn't willing to spend money, probably because they're wanting to flip the team. What exactly do you think could realistically be done?

Trading a handful of crappy players to get more crappy players just so we can have the "feel good's" about being competitive isn't going to get us anywhere either. I don't give a crap about being "competitive". If you're not first, you're last.

I'm on board with the idea of taking a number of years to rebuild the team from the foundation up. We'll see how serious ownership/management with the upcoming draft, and more importantly during the coming off-season. But expecting radical, meaningful changes right now is asinine, and simply isn't going to happen. This is the roster we have, it's what we're stuck with, and we might as well get used to it. Harping about it constantly isn't going to change one.single.thing.
I'd like to see the team sold and fire everybody in the front office all the way down to Emily Jones.

Sorry AccidentProne, that would probably include you. But I'm sure you'll catch on somewhere much better than this worthless dog crap franchise.

I obviously have zero trust that anybody in this organization has any idea how to rebuild the team properly. If I did, I agree with you and would be ok with waiting 3-5 years for it to play out. But you don't get out of the hole with the ownership group and front that office got you into the hole. Will never happen.
jtstanley4621
AG
I think we need a 50 page long star-based dissertation about what you just said to be sure
Mr Gigem
AG
South Platte said:

rbtexan said:

DallasAg 94 said:

rbtexan said:

WestTexasAg said:

I'd like to see the team sold and fire everybody in the front office all the way down to Emily Jones.

Sorry AccidentProne, that would probably include you. But I'm sure you'll catch on somewhere much better than this worthless dog crap franchise.

I obviously have zero trust that anybody in this organization has any idea how to rebuild the team properly. If I did, I agree with you and would be ok with waiting 3-5 years for it to play out. But you don't get out of the hole with the ownership group and front that office got you into the hole. Will never happen.

Lol what?
Super Aggie 64
AG
The game is on YouTube tonight.

MLB Game of the Week channel if you have YouTube TV.

dvldog
AG
Somebody's lost their mind re: how many people will really pay $23/month for their service/app:

Quote:

In an 8K filing with the SEC, Sinclair included a presentation outlining the potential upside of launching an RSN DTC service, which it predicted could eventually attract approximately 4.4 million subscribers and generate around $2 billion in annual revenue.

The company projects about 1.7 million subscribers to the service would be from the cord-cutter/cord-never category and another approximately 1.4 million would be non-RSN subscribers from its distributor partners. About 1.3 million subscribers would come from current subscribers to its Bally Sports networks.

https://www.fiercevideo.com/video/sinclair-expects-bally-sports-dtc-could-attract-4-4m-subs-2b-revenue
powerbelly
AG
dvldog said:

Somebody's lost their mind re: how many people will really pay $23/month for their service/app:

Quote:

In an 8K filing with the SEC, Sinclair included a presentation outlining the potential upside of launching an RSN DTC service, which it predicted could eventually attract approximately 4.4 million subscribers and generate around $2 billion in annual revenue.

The company projects about 1.7 million subscribers to the service would be from the cord-cutter/cord-never category and another approximately 1.4 million would be non-RSN subscribers from its distributor partners. About 1.3 million subscribers would come from current subscribers to its Bally Sports networks.

https://www.fiercevideo.com/video/sinclair-expects-bally-sports-dtc-could-attract-4-4m-subs-2b-revenue

It would be funny if the sport wasn't struggling to keep younger audiences.
PatAg
AG
powerbelly said:

dvldog said:

Quote:

Baseball isnt its only sport
powerbelly
AG
PatAg said:

powerbelly said:

dvldog said:

Quote:

Baseball isnt its only sport

I know, but baseball is the sport it carries that is struggling.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/phillies-nationals-max-scherzer-lived-over-foreign-sticky-substance-searches?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

Joe Girardi has to be the biggest clown in baseball. Hopefully this nonsense at least leads to some notion of common sense with all of this stupidity.
DallasAg 94
Eliminatus
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/phillies-nationals-max-scherzer-lived-over-foreign-sticky-substance-searches?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

Joe Girardi has to be the biggest clown in baseball. Hopefully this nonsense at least leads to some notion of common sense with all of this stupidity.
Just the start of a rather chaotic period coming I think with the sticky substance stuff. Going to be some growing pains to say the least as they shake out how they are going to implement it.

Girardi is a clown confirmed though. His manhood was tested with Kevin Long with that little fit he threw. Reminded me of when Tom Herman rushed the field to "fight" that one game against OSU. What a ****ing joke.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
They really can't be just going out there every time the other manager says something. It's absurd.
hawk1689
AG
I disagree. For the past three seasons, JD has found all star level pitching from the scrap heap (Minor/Lynn/Gibson). He's had a remarkable ability to do so for his entire tenure (CJ Wilson, Colby Lewis, Dyson, Tolleson, etc.). People are acting like they've sucked for a decade, but they won the division just five years ago. Since then, they've spent a few years in between rebuilding and competing and came out on the losing end of that exchange. They did however start a full rebuild, so give it a chance. Lowe and Solak are promising hitters. IKF is better than I thought he'd be. Garcia may just be another find from the scrap heap. We still have several young arms in the minors. It's not the dumpster fire you guys are making it out to be.
powerbelly
AG
It's not, but without new ownership I don't see the front office having the budget required to win big.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.