*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,944 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eff the Yankees!
caleblyn
That is a worthy return but I will wait to express any excitement until after I hear about their contracts.
gigem1223
Otto is apart of the deal. 115 Ks and 17 walks in AAA this year. Severely underrated and rocketing up prospect rankings.
MaxPower
Astros fan but I'd say the Rangers did well here. No premiere headliner prospect but wouldn't be shocked if 4 or 5 of those guys are in the Rangers top 10 prospects in a year. Decent chance you get 3 solid contributors and 1 that pans out to be a star.
DallasAg 94
rbtexan
S
I knew it...I knew you would complain about whatever we got for Gallo.

We're getting 4 of the Yankees top 25 prospects (and possibly more) in a climate where teams aren't letting go of prospects. But keep drinking from that half empty glass....you be you!
wbt5845
AG
Oswald Peraza makes it move - dude is the real deal.
gigem1223
You can be such a beating man.

Speaking of Foscue, he's going for a HR in 9 straight games tonight.
gigem1223
Seems all 6 prospects are having really good seasons this year. So while they may not be highly rated today, could be totally different next year.
wbt5845
AG
I'll say it - JD did a good job - this is much, much better than what I expected for Gallo.
gigem1223
I really liked Josh Smith as a player at LSU. Seems to be doing well at A ball.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Looks like a good haul and a much needed talent shot in the arm. I'm surprised Gallo drew this much too
DannyDuberstein
AG
Also boosts their chances of landing the top pick in the 2022 draft
Mr Gigem
AG
wbt5845 said:

Oswald Peraza makes it move - dude is the real deal.

Nvm
Grapesoda2525
It's better than what this front office usually does.

Typical year for our front office:

Go through winter meetings- silence

Free agency period - very lackluster. Minimal moves made. JD goes thru the bargain bin and retread pile early and often.

Spring training - a key injury or two. Not much to get excited about either on the field or throughout the whole organization.

Start of the season - quickly fall behind Astros and A's in division.

Trade deadline- not move people and tell the fans that the offers were bad.

End of the season comes. Owners and JD promise improvement. Next year comes. More of the same.

Hopefully the guys we get from the Gallo trade, and future Gibson / Kennedy trades can make an impact in our system and change things up. It's been an awful few years to be a fan of this team, but maybe today is a good day with leiter signing and a big infusion of prospects for the farm.
hawk1689
AG
I know it's only looking at the surface, but this is a stinker. We just traded an all-star that is under contract next year and a promising young pitcher for a bunch of lottery tickets. Not a single consensus top prospect in their system.
bigcat22
AG
wbt5845 said:

I'll say it - JD did a good job - this is much, much better than what I expected for Gallo.

Was this JD or Chris Young?
DallasAg 94
gigem1223
hawk1689 said:

I know it's only looking at the surface, but this is a stinker. We just traded an all-star that is under contract next year and a promising young pitcher for a bunch of lottery tickets. Not a single consensus top prospect in their system.

Seems that nearly every pundit that follows the minor leagues thinks we did pretty well. With COVID last season screwing up the minors I wouldn't put too much stock on the preseason prospect rankings.
DallasAg 94
bigcat22
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Rangers have made up 4 games on them in the last 10. 5 to go with more than two months of games to lose. Liking the trend
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Joey Gallo is the most Yankee name ever, so there's that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The joke is on the Yankees. We actually just traded them Joey Callo for all those guys
hawk1689
AG
I'm the last guy to get caught up in the rankings. They have three pitchers and an OF that almost all of the services consider to be at the top. We didn't get any of them. We got a relief pitcher with arm issues and a bunch of decent hitting middle infielders that will be all be fighting for playing time with all of the other decent hitting middle infielders we already have in the system. We gave up one of our young arms in the process.
TV Casualty
AG
hawk1689 said:

Gallo was never going to be on this team by the time the Rangers were ready to compete again. This looks to be about the best we could've hoped for.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yankees farm affiliates are 198-105 this year. There is some serious talent depth in that minor league org
94chem
DannyDuberstein said:

Looks like a good haul and a much needed talent shot in the arm. I'm surprised Gallo drew this much too

I hate to lose the defense. As for the offense, Gallo was like Will Frizzell - amazing numbers considering every strike he saw was a mistake.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
hawk1689
AG
DA's concerns about the Rule V are legit. Our front office has shown a tendency to try to maximize player contract control rather than player development with regards to MLB playing time. These guys will potentially get put on the 40/25 roster ahead of more promising players that could use the AB's/innings.
Joe Cole
Lots of things will change, but there already seems to be a consensus #1 pick next year. Beating AZ head to head isn't helping chances
investorAg83
AG
This was exactly the type of return we needed for Gallo. Love it.
gigem1223
Feels like Texiera all over again. Hopefully the results are about the same.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223
DallasAg 94 said:

Joe Cole said:

Lots of things will change, but there already seems to be a consensus #1 pick next year. Beating AZ head to head isn't helping chances
I'm looking at 2 players.

You are probably referencing Elijah Green, OF from IMG.

The Vandy SS (Carter Young) will be the guy on my radar. He'll slide in nicely after IKF who is controlled through 2024.

Hopefully we can get to #2, but we may have just got our future SS in Josh Smith. Fangraphs is high on him and Duran, as are most that have watched them this season.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I'm excited!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.