*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,895 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
cmiller00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tastybrisket10
AG
Woo hoo! This win belongs to John King...miracle worker getting out of the 10th and the clutch K of Bregman!
Tastybrisket10
AG
Also...why didn't they set up for the force at home or the double play? Seems like Dusty was ready to get on the plane...
toucan82
Wooooo
gcracker13
AG
I had the exact same thought. Why pitch to our most dangerous hitter when you could intentionally walk him and force a potential ounce play?
bigcat22
AG
El Bombi... winning baseball is fun
jtstanley4621
AG
wbt5845 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Gotta say I still absolutely hate the guy on 2nd to start the inning rule

It bothers me the same way the DH does - prefer classic game but understand the reason in today's game.

I understand it, but I've just always felt like having a guy on second with zero outs is too much stress on a pitching staff. What if it was a guy on first? Could arguably still speed things up with potential double plays, and that guy could still likely score on a double. Just spitballing I guess but it's just kind of dumb that a pitcher could allow a lead off single and immediately be in a lot of hot water or straight up lose.
Grapesoda2525
xjrayx said:

Absolutely hate that Woody keeps giving Davis chances.
I think he's better than Dahl. Dahl hasn't done **** lately.
Tastybrisket10
AG
Long road trip coming against some struggling teams. I think a good goal is to finish .500 and would love to see us continue to put up some runs and throw strikes. Not upset with the bullpen today, we did what we want teams to do, throw strikes and force them to hit their way back into the game, save for the run scoring WP.
wbt5845
AG
You know you've arrived when someone starts selling a shirt. I may have to get this.

DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
Tastybrisket10 said:

Long road trip coming against some struggling teams. I think a good goal is to finish .500 and would love to see us continue to put up some runs and throw strikes. Not upset with the bullpen today, we did what we want teams to do, throw strikes and force them to hit their way back into the game, save for the run scoring WP.
I know we're rebuilding, but let's kick LAA and Seattle's ass. Why not?

Kip ***g usually always drafts the wrong people anyway regardless of what our draft position is.
Tastybrisket10
AG
Agreed! Let's win! Life's too short to rebuild by losing!
DallasAg 94
jtstanley4621
AG
Random but I see Yasiel Puig is playing in the Mexican league this year. He's 30. If he goes on to have a good season I personally wouldn't be opposed to the Rangers signing him. We could likely get him for cheap and an outfield of him and Garcia would on paper seem like a pretty good duo.
Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621 said:

Random but I see Yasiel Puig is playing in the Mexican league this year. He's 30. If he goes on to have a good season I personally wouldn't be opposed to the Rangers signing him. We could likely get him for cheap and an outfield of him and Garcia would on paper seem like a pretty good duo.
If he can get the behavioral issues behind him, I wouldn't mind giving him Dahl's spot.

I was excited when we signed Dahl, but I just don't think the guy is going to work out here based on what I've seen so far.
gigem1223
Meh, I wouldn't be a fan of that signing. Mainly cuz he could block young guys like Taveras, Walker, Thompson etc from getting a call.
jtstanley4621
AG
IMO Taveras has an extremely long way to go at the plate until he's MLB ready. At best a pinch runner/defender at the moment
DallasAg 94
gigem1223
Thompson (22) has looked great in frisco thus far (.851 OPS, .522 slug), looks like he's turning a corner and starting to get closer to his potential. He very well could get the call next season.
Trucker 96
Puig's got a sexual assault suit hanging over him. And he's a complete asshat. A lot of baggage for a guy that would probably hit about .260 with 20 HR type power. From a pure talent standpoint, he's nothing special.
alvtimes
I cant help but look ahead...... I really want a FA pitcher this offseason.... Syndergaard. 5/80mil. I know i know.... its a rebuild... but sign Syndergaard...along with Gibson, Dunning....for next yr.... Draft one of the 2 top pitchers this yr @ #2. ..... Ownership is pissing away the 80mil a yr in tv money and I hate it
Tastybrisket10
AG
If Noah hits FA, there's no way our ownership will outbid for a superstar like that. We got owned by our own division rivals for the best 3B in recent years on the market. I think we just need to set realistic expectations (not saying I like it - I'm hesitant to invest in tickets until our FO ponies up some cash).
DallasAg 94
hawk1689
AG
Syndergaard would be closer to 5/$200.
KT 90
AG
hawk1689 said:

had to have been a typo. I mean hell, even JD would jump at 5/80

DallasAg 94
jtstanley4621
AG
Fore Left! said:

Puig's got a sexual assault suit hanging over him. And he's a complete asshat. A lot of baggage for a guy that would probably hit about .260 with 20 HR type power. From a pure talent standpoint, he's nothing special.

At this point an OFer other than Garcia hitting .260 and 20 HRs would qualify as a definite upgrade
wbt5845
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

hawk1689 said:

You realize he really hasn't pitched since 2019?!

'17: 7 GS, 30.1 IP, 2.97 ERA
'18: 25 GS, 154.1 IP, 3.03 ERA
'19: 32 GS, 197.1 IP, 4.28 ERA
**March 2020: TJ Surgery**

Nobody is going to give him $40M after 1 rehab season after TJ.

Concur.
xjrayx
AG

Gibson out for a couple of starts. Don't like that.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
Hopefully we can beat LAA / Seattle without him
xjrayx
AG
https://instagr.am/p/COqgq6CnIpH

Was going down a rabbit hole when finding out that Nick Solak's fiance was friends with Dak at Miss State, and good lord, some of our player's are doing quite well for themselves
Grapesoda2525
xjrayx said:

https://instagr.am/p/COqgq6CnIpH

Was going down a rabbit hole when finding out that Nick Solak's fiance was friends with Dak at Miss State, and good lord, some of our player's are doing quite well for themselves
1) Miss solak

2) miss to miss solak left

3) miss gallo

4) miss heim

5) miss on far right

xjrayx
AG
Great minds think alike

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.