*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,916 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

planoaggie123 said:

Went with Section 223. Should give them a good "field of view" for the game although the players may look a tad smaller. I bet we spend a decent amount of time running around the park and at the concession stands.

I need the wife to run by the lexus dealership to get a Lexus parking pass....
Name checks out.

That has to be the most Plano (circa 1990's) thing ever.

Squeezing $60 on a visit to GLF while owning a Lexus... and sending the wife to get a parking pass to save on parking.

LoL.

JK.

Lol it's all about balance.

I was raised in a way that conflicts nearly 100% with my lifestyle now. I can afford relatively anything i want / need but yet I will still try and find ways to save $5 at a restaurant.
Schall 02
AG
In terms of resale value and low maintenance costs, a Lexus is one of the cheapest vehicles one can own.
KT 90
AG
Rangers getting pounded tonight, but another opposite field HR for Gallo in the 9th. That's 3 to LF/LCF in the past 2-3 weeks that I recall off the top of my head. Him using more of the field and not pulling everything is what is making him a better hitter of late. If he can find a way to keep that going, that will increase his payday when he becomes a free agent in 1.5 years.

DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
So what are we going to do with John Hicks when Trevino comes back? He has hit 4 HR in his first 4 games.
_lefraud_
AG
So Woodward pulls Dunning after 5innings. One hit, one walk, 6k with 64 pitches...
DallasAg 94
WestTexasAg
AG
Why is Ric Renner back being a part of the Rangers post game program?
_lefraud_
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

_lefraud_ said:

So Woodward pulls Dunning after 5innings. One hit, one walk, 6k with 64 pitches...
They have been trying to stretch out King. It also works into their "tandem" SP philosophy.
Well the Tigers stretched out King alright.
Disco Stu
AG
They're purposefully limiting Dunning's innings this year, with last year being his first year back from elbow surgery and only throwing 35 innings.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
WestTexasAg said:

Seems like this organization is just as bad at attracting media talent as they are at getting player talent.

Eric Nadel doesn't count because he's been here forever and nobody from the current regime made the initial decision to bring him in.
planoaggie123
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

WestTexasAg said:

Seems like this organization is just as bad at attracting media talent as they are at getting player talent.

Eric Nadel doesn't count because he's been here forever and nobody from the current regime made the initial decision to bring him in.

Eric Nadel is a treasure. Can he live to 100+ and work that entire time?
twilly
AG
WestTexasAg said:

As typical with this franchise, he just completed his Tommy John Hairpiece surgery rehab

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
EastSideAg2002
twilly said:

WestTexasAg said:

As typical with this franchise, he just completed his Tommy John Hairpiece surgery rehab
Find them on retread pile, sign them for the cheap, and flip them for someone cheaper as well?
wbt5845
AG
Gallo es en fuego
wbt5845
AG
Double headers are 7 inning games this year? Guess I'd forgotten.
wbt5845
AG
Someone just threw a tennis ball towards the Detroit outfielder while he was catching a fly ball. What an ass.
hawk1689
AG
Depressing thought. Nelson Cruz is now a 7 time all star. He's going to finish his career with more than 450 home runs and probably get close to 500. Is he a hall of famer? I think so. We desperately needed that right handed middle of the order bat ever since he left. He could have been our hall of famer. I don't think most people will think of him as a Ranger.
powerbelly
AG
I will never forget Washington leaving him in the game...
ChipFTAC01
AG
Not a hall of famer.
Schall 02
AG
Nelson have any steroid issues? I seem to recall him receiving a lengthy suspension once upon a time.
investorAg83
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Not a hall of famer.

The argument could be madeif not for numbers alone the fact he's still doing it is at this age is incredible.
powerbelly
AG
Schall 02 said:

Nelson have any steroid issues? I seem to recall him receiving a lengthy suspension once upon a time.
He was suspended for 50 games for Biogenesis involvement
wbt5845
AG
powerbelly said:

Schall 02 said:

He was suspended for 50 games for Biogenesis involvement

Yeah, he could have appealed it and helped the Rangers that 2013 postseason, but he said f the Rangers so his free agency wouldn't be potentially impacted.

Even then, the Rangers offered $14 MM QO and he turned it down. Ended up signing with Minnesota for $8 MM. Not the Rangers fault he was stupid.
gigem1223
Joey going to hit in the Derby
_lefraud_
AG
It was actually Baltimore, but then he got his 14million the following year from Seattle, and then again from Minnesota.
gigem1223
With all the pitching injuries to starters on contending teams we should be able to get a pretty good haul for Gibson.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223
The Angels, Reds, Mets, Indians seem like good fits. There are also several NL teams looking. Dodgers just had Kershaw go down with forearm inflammation.

JD/ Young better sell high and not settle. We have leverage this year, especially since Gibby has another year of control. Doesn't hurt anyone to not sell if the offers aren't good enough.
DallasAg 94
South Platte
Proposition Joe said:

Gallo is a Top 25 player in the league, some people just can't wrap their minds around high strikeout totals.
I don't understand how you can say this. Top 25 player in MLB? Overall?
Proposition Joe
In the AL.

Monster offensive numbers. Gold glove fielder. + Baserunner.

Thats not to say as a baseball fan i like his approach, but strikeouts dont matter as much as people think. Statistically the number of times a batted ball (that isnt a hit) increases your run probability in an inning is very low. So yeah, he's not moving that runner to 3rd with 1 out with a ground ball to the right side - but when you are mashing 40 homeruns, who cares?
Quincey P. Morris
AG

8 years ago.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I miss Elvis and Beltre clowning around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.