*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,847 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Super Aggie 64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
El Bombi

WestTexasAg
AG
Garcia has been amazing! I'm telling you, add a solid hitting third baseman to this lineup and is pretty good.

DeangeloVickers
AG
DallasAg 94
gigem1223
DallasAg 94 said:

WestTexasAg said:

Garcia has been amazing! I'm telling you, add a solid hitting third baseman to this lineup and is pretty good.
We could use some productivity from Khris Davis.

Outside of that... had we picked up Kluber's option and kept Lance Lynn, we'd have 3 of the Top 8 SPs, in terms of ERA.

XX Lynn: 1.55 ERA <- 2.1 IP away from qualifying for ranking
#3 Gibson: 2.24 ERA
#7 Kluber: 2.86 ERA

If my aunt had a dik she'd be my uncle.

Still likely not winning the division with those 3. We also wouldn't have Dunning and would also again be delaying the inevitable rebuild this franchise needs.
gigem1223
WestTexasAg said:

If Jung/ Huff pan out we're in good shape. I'm ready for Gallo to leave personally. He's a black hole that Woodward keeps putting in the meat of the line up. His current approach at the plate is better suited for an 8th or 9th hole hitter. Walk, walk, strike out, pop out.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
gigem1223 said:

WestTexasAg said:

If Jung/ Huff pan out we're in good shape. I'm ready for Gallo to leave personally. He's a black hole that Woodward keeps putting in the meat of the line up. His current approach at the plate is better suited for an 8th or 9th hole hitter. Walk, walk, strike out, pop out.
I'm in agreement on Gallo. I'd like for him to pan out but I think we've given him long enough. I'd be interested to see what we could get for him. I heard a report yesterday that the Yankees inquired about trading for DeShields. I wonder what they would give up for Gallo.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

WestTexasAg said:

Outside of that... had we picked up Kluber's option and kept Lance Lynn, we'd have 3 of the Top 8 SPs, in terms of ERA.

The only mistake on that list is Kluber. I've already stated before that with choo, fielder, odor, a rod, and just about every other "terrible expense" off the books that the rangers should've picked up klubers option and tried to flip him at the deadline. You've already given up the prospects for him.

Dunning was a good trade as long as the guy stays healthy and Gibson was a good signing by JD.

As for our owners.PLEASE Sell the team already you weird cheap ass Baylor ****s.
DallasAg 94
Trucker 96
Yeah, if you are confident Kluber's shoulder was minor and him sitting out was truly precautionary where he could have been back in September, keeping him would have made sense. Letting assets walk that could be flipped is a mistake in a rebuild. This payroll is miniscule and you had to throw a million bucks his way anyway. Maybe you work out an arrangement for $13-15 mill.

But we all knew exactly what to expect from the cheapskates running this team that spend like we are in Kansas City.

I still don't mind Lynn for Dunning tho.
xjrayx
AG

Sheesh.
Trucker 96
His last few starts about gave me an aneurysm
Mr Gigem
AG
Looking like a sellout today
gigem1223
DallasAg 94 said:

gigem1223 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

WestTexasAg said:

If my aunt had a dik she'd be my uncle.

Still likely not winning the division with those 3. We also wouldn't have Dunning and would also again be delaying the inevitable rebuild this franchise needs.
What a dumb statement. Surely you have a better comeback than that?! You aunt likely has a vibrator, but that doesn't make her your uncle.

If we can't compete with 3 of the best 10 SPs in the division... we' likely will never compete.

Dunning would be lost, for sure. Dunning 3.2 IP from qualifying for ERA, but if he did... he'd be 38th in the AL with his 3.74 ERA.

Would it be fair to say Lynn at 1.55 would make for a better SP this season than Dunning at 3.74?

#1 Lynn: 1.55 ERA <- 2.1 IP away from qualifying for ranking
then, we'd likely have:

Lyles: 5.93 ERA

and then either
Arihara: 6.59
Folty: 5.18 (66th)

Folty, Lyles, and Kennedy are FAs after this season
Arihara, Gibson, and Joely are FAs after next season.

So for better or worse, after 2022, we have Dunning, King (RP), Martin (RP), and Sborz (RP) under team control... in that order of effectiveness for contribution this season. THAT is the current core to rebuild for our pitching.

Typical long winded response from you that no one will
read. The Rangers had the best rotational ERA in baseball not so long ago and guess what? They still didn't have a winning record. We don't have the bullpen nor do we have the consistency in the line up to compete yet. So we can talk about what if's all day long but this is a rebuild not a contest to stay around .500.
Grapesoda2525
xjrayx said:

Sheesh.
This is worse, but stuff that tends to happen to rangers minor leaguers :

xjrayx
AG
Didn't think anyone could make Rougie look good, but man has Khris Davis done it for me. Ranger killer still it seems.
Grapesoda2525
xjrayx said:

Didn't think anyone could make Rougie look good, but man has Khris Davis done it for me. Ranger killer still it seems.
The guy used to be a regular for the A's. Maybe he just can't platoon very well. Seems like he doesn't play very much.
bigcat22
AG
Finally, after all those base runners we get on the board
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Did he just say "we'll take a 4-2 lead into the 4th?"
The return of Rhadigan?
Trucker 96
If that was Raymond, he did Astros games for so long that he probably meant them. One of the reasons I didn't like the hire
toucan82
So this Adolis guy seems good
xjrayx
AG

It's hard to not compare him to Nelly in my mind. Maybe he will end up regressing like Santana did, but holy hell he is so fun right now.
DallasAg 94
bigcat22
AG
El Bombi
Trucker 96
Me either. There's just always been some sort of unlikeable factor with him. But yeah, he called astros games for something like 8 years, and it was his first extended job in broadcasting. That kind of slip-up is a really, really bad look for a supposed pro.
xjrayx
AG
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ADOLIS AGAIN
Tastybrisket10
AG
Unbelievable
bigcat22
AG
El Bombi is like the anti-Odor, all his big hits and HRs come at the perfect time. Odor always had big hit when the game was already way out of reach
Tastybrisket10
AG
Houston bullpen is terrible, major weakness for them. 2021 Rangers are doing a better job of putting together good atbats and making pitchers pay for bad performances instead of swinging their way out of innings.
Grapesoda2525
bigcat22 said:

El Bombi is like the anti-Odor, all his big hits and HRs come at the perfect time. Odor always had big hit when the game was already way out of reach
Odor also seemed to save his good hits for September when other teams have mailed it in and are trying out minor leaguers / trying to lose games.

29 other front offices would shrug it off, but the rangers were always thinking " hmmm.. this guy has turned it around! Lets pencil him into the lineup for the next 162 games".

The odor situation was unbelievably frustrating. The front office couldn't have handled it any worse. They gave him the contract then doubled down by giving him way too much time and at bats to figure it out. He seemed to have a different set of standards evaluating him where one big hit seemed to increase his shelf life for a month.
KT 90
AG
bigcat22 said:

I keep thinking the league will figure him out and he'll cool off but he just keeps hitting
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

bigcat22 said:

I keep thinking the league will figure him out and he'll cool off but he just keeps hitting
It's starting to look like he's legit. If the Yankees and Astros can't shut him down. Who could?
CampingAg
AG
#WTDS

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.