*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,638 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fore Left! said:

The Rangers don't have any hits thru 6. This SD pitcher has given up no hits. He has a no hitter going
Wait, you mean the Rangers don't have any hits right now? Not a single, solitary one? I think that is called a no-hitter. Surely the SD pitcher doesn't have a no-hitter going through 6 innings. Does he?
Trucker 96
None. Not a single hit. A no hitter
94chem
Fore Left! said:

None. Not a single hit. A no hitter

3 at'em balls in the 8th.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
EllisCoAg
AG
Wow, just turned on the game and....
KT 90
AG
Just got in... yikes, only base runner so far was a hbp.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Did you know ow that the Padres are the only team in MLB history without a no-no? Its true.
powerbelly
AG
You can't jinx an opponents no-hitter.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
We can certainly give it a good effort. Frankly, I'd like to see them get it. They've been so close the last few years.
Trucker 96
He's got the luck required going.
Trucker 96
They look like A ball hitters vs that slider
EastSideAg2002
Do I wear my hat inside out now?
EastSideAg2002
Damn wrong hat.
EllisCoAg
AG
That is the thing about baseball, at any given game, might see something really cool
Trucker 96
That offense I was feeling a little better about has now scored 2, 2, and been no-hit in 3 of its last 4 games
Super Aggie 64
AG
At least the Padres did not hit a grand slam.
toucan82
We'll get a hit tomorrow. I guarantee it.
_lefraud_
AG
At least I started Musgrove in my fantasy league.
C1NRB
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Did you know ow that the Padres are the only team in MLB history without a no-no? Its true.

Not any more.
wbt5845
AG
So Matt Bush to the IL with elbow inflammation. I think he may be done - as in totally done. He's been bad, and Chris Woodward made comments that he kept asking Bush if he was OK and he was all like "Yeah I'm great" and now this.

He is replaced by Brett Martin coming off the IL, which is a net plus.

Brock Holt also to the IL with a hamstring pull - Anderson Tejada coming up. This one is viewed as minor as Holt really only needs a few days but it's a long season so what the hell let's get a look at Tejada.
rangerdanger
AG
Are we at early 2000s prices for Rangers tickets yet? Was thinking of going to a game next time I'm in Arlington to visit family. Seeing how they just got zero'ed out by San Diego, I figured I might be able to stretch my legs across a few rows.
sburg2007
Nah, because people will want to come see history made for other teams vs the home team.
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
rangerdanger said:

Are we at early 2000s prices for Rangers tickets yet? Was thinking of going to a game next time I'm in Arlington to visit family. Seeing how they just got zero'ed out by San Diego, I figured I might be able to stretch my legs across a few rows.

It'll be next season at least for the lower prices. It's a new stadium, people will want to see it, whether they are Ranger fans or fans of the other team or just baseball fans.

It'll likely be Summer before we make it up for a game sometime. My kids all have their own games and weekends are pretty much booked up. But will try to do something during the Summer most likely.

Trucker 96
What is going on with his hair?
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Not sure who this is?
Trucker 96
Newly clean shaven Yankee Rougie and Chirinos, i believe
KT 90
AG
Fore Left! said:

Newly clean shaven Yankee Rougie and Chirinos, i believe

Wow... didn't even recognize him.

sburg2007
Mr gigem,

Y'all wanna rig this up for some poor ags to sun?

DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
Not 100% positive, but I think I read they don't include comps in the attendance numbers, otherwise opening day would be all but a sellout. They aren't doing 100% yet except for opening day.

Mr Gigem can answer with more certainty.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It's cruel and unusual to force Odor to shave.
Trucker 96
We stubhub midweek games during the summer for super cheap and I expect this year won't be much different. There was serious buzz to see The Ballpark when it opened. There is just not that same buzz this time. Is it the bad team? Is it covid? Is it disappointment that The Ballpark was abandoned so quickly? Not sure, but I expect deals to be had when the dog days of summer are here and they are just playing out the string early
Proposition Joe
"Sell out" is an antiquated term. The #1 goal of these teams isn't to sell every seat in the stadium, it's to maximize short-term and long-term profit from every seat.
DallasAg 94
Proposition Joe
At the end of the day, it's a stadium. People complain about the gimmicky stuff like the field level suites/clubs, but really that's really only the "unique" type stuff you can do. Otherwise you've got physical seats to watch a game, there's not a whole lot else you can do to really make the watching experience something that just has to be attended live multiple times a year... Really only other place to go is to get super gimmicky and do your "hot tub in the outfield" or "lazy river" type ideas, and I don't think anyone yearning for the "classicness" of RBiA are going to be a fan of that.

The next big shift in experience (sadly) is going to be gambling. Then probably VR experiences a few years after that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.