*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,978 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M night is BACK! August 28 vs Astros

Instead of a hat, it will be a t-shirt this year. I believe it will be a white shirt with maroon Rangers script on the front, and a maroon Gig'em and 21 on the back
wbt5845
AG
Word on Reddit is Sinclair is gonna ask $23 a month for the Bally Sports app next season.
hawk1689
AG
They screwed up by letting me realize that I don't need to watch 162 games of less then stellar baseball!
Mr Gigem
AG
wbt5845 said:

Word on Reddit is Sinclair is gonna ask $23 a month for the Bally Sports app next season.
So the once free to use app would then be $23/month? Yeah, they can eat my shorts
Quincey P. Morris
AG
wbt5845 said:

That company is hot garbage. How are they even making money getting dropped by everybody?
powerbelly
AG
wbt5845 said:

That is what they are telling potential investors.
dvldog
AG
Are you sure it's not specifically for the app/service for cord cutters? Not a charge for those who receive the channel through their TV provider (DTV, AT&T, etc.)?

I posted this a few pages back:
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/sinclair-aiming-for-23-month-streaming-plan-for-bally-sports-in-2022/
WestTexasAg
AG
KT 90 said:

Quote:

At 26.157, have we seen enough of him?! This is about the same age Odor was last year at this time.

No. It's his first full season as a MLB starter, I think he deserves the shot to fight his way out of a slump and continue to be the primary 2B for a full season to see what he can do. We watched Odor struggle for multiple seasons consecutively, Solak at least deserves one full season.

It's not like he is blocking someone of note in the minors anyway. Who would we even plug into 2B in place of Solak? Anderson Tejada was struggling so bad at AAA that he recently got demoted to AA. Maybe there is someone else I'm not thinking of off the top of my head.

I was one that was really high on Solak. Still am. Let's see how he does the rest of his first full season. Tejada has been a real disappointment.
Faustus
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean really tiny.... he's listed at 5'9" (and that's probably generous) and 140 lbs. 3 HRs in 1,398 career minor league ABs. Singles hitter, with even limited gap power. But very speedy, walks a good bit and makes good contact with not a lot of strike outs.

Altuve is 5'-6"
On the broadcast, last night, I think they said, while he is listed at 5'6"... there is little chance he is taller than 5'4". They also said it didn't seem to matter how tall he was when he is hitting HRs.

Never seen the guy.

A more innocent time (2013) before everyone wanted to **** Altuve.

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/the-fan-who-uses-jose-altuve-to-measure-distance-takes-in-astros-game/c-54393442

Quote:

. . .
Have you ever seen a really long home run and wondered how far in feet it traveled? Sure, maybe. But have you wondered how many Altuves it was?

After seeing a long ball hit by Justin Maxwell last season, Astros fan Bryan Trostel decided he would begin calculating all baseball measurements based on the height of Astros second baseman Jose Altuve.
Home to first base? 16.6 Altuves. Aroldis Chapman's 104 mph fastball? 28.2 Altuves.

On Monday, Trostel was at Minute Maid Park for the A's-Astros game and was able to finally meet Jose.
"For him to come up and say that he liked the website was really neat," Trostel said. "It was great to get to meet him."

To calculate your own Official Standard Listed Altuves (OSLA), visit www.howmanyaltuves.com.
Mr Gigem
AG
dvldog said:

Are you sure it's not specifically for the app/service for cord cutters? Not a charge for those who receive the channel through their TV provider (DTV, AT&T, etc.)?

I posted this a few pages back:
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/sinclair-aiming-for-23-month-streaming-plan-for-bally-sports-in-2022/
This is what I started to think after my last post. There is no way they charge $23/month for consumers who login with TV provider.
wbt5845
AG
Yes, this is for cord cutters who do not have access through their cable provider - like I was until I switched to ATT TV.
wbt5845
AG
And so even at $23 a month, I would drop ATT TV, go back to YouTube TV and pay the $23 a month only during the Rangers season.

ATT TV is about $20 a month more expensive than YTTV. But YTTV, while having fewer channels, has a lot of features I prefer.
TV Casualty
AG
wbt5845 said:

And so even at $23 a month, I would drop ATT TV, go back to YouTube TV and pay the $23 a month only during the Rangers season.

ATT TV is about $20 a month more expensive than YTTV. But YTTV, while having fewer channels, has a lot of features I prefer.

Sinclair is pricing their service higher than it would be to just get MLB.tv. With that you get every team's games. It's ridiculous what Sinclair is doing.

I doubt they actually try to sell it at that price point though. If they don't lower it significantly then I will not be giving them my money. I don't want to reward a company that has screwed over the fans the way they have.

I will find other things to do with my time or use other methods to watch the games. VPN and mlb.tv seems like the best option.
KT 90
AG
For those that have been to a game at the new stadium, can you provide some input for what you feel are the overall best seats? May be taking the kids up next weekend for a game possibly.

Not the most expensive seats and not the cheapest seats, but best overall for the money and location. I know a few of you have chimed in previously, but it's probably spread over various pages and posts on this thread.

Thanks.
Mr Gigem
AG
KT 90 said:

For those that have been to a game at the new stadium, can you provide some input for what you feel are the overall best seats? May be taking the kids up next weekend for a game possibly.

Not the most expensive seats and not the cheapest seats, but best overall for the money and location. I know a few of you have chimed in previously, but it's probably spread over various pages and posts on this thread.

Thanks.

Lower bowl if you want to spend some money and have club access and food & beverage. Otherwise home plate mezzanine or infield mezzanine are the best bang for your buck IMO

And use the coupon code for a discount
TDub
AG
I've been to 7 so far and my favorites are the seats right in front of the PA booth
TDub
AG
Of course Section 17 was great but those were a tad expensive
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
Thanks for the info. Taking two teenage kids, no club access needed. Will definitely check into the code again, like in the past.
KT 90
AG
TDub said:

I've been to 7 so far and my favorites are the seats right in front of the PA booth

That's a great view.
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

KT 90 said:

Thanks.
I think wbt5845 has some of the best seats... and they are priced right. Section 109, IIRC.

The BIGGEST issue I have with the new stadium is the fact the seats overall point to the top of 2nd Base where the dirt meets the turf.

If you look at the seating chart... the seats depict actual angles and long flat rows of seats literally point directly out.

Section 106 seats point to the OF above 2B.
Section 110 the seats point towards 1B.

All seats from Section 106 through 110 are side-by-side and all face perpendicular to the flat surface they are attached. It will make more sense once you see it.

In RBiA, all of the seats were directed towards the Pitcher's mound and each seat individually pointed there. So, if you went with a group of 4, there was a natural relationship between Seat 1 which may be farther from Hmoe Plate and Seat 4.

In GLF... if Seat 1 in Section 106 is closer to 105 and Seat 4 is closer to Section 107... all 4 of you will be pointed out towards 2B. As everyone looks towards Pitcher's mound, the person in Seat 4 will literally have their back to the person in Seats 1-3. So, if you are taking the kids... you will want to consider where you sit in relation to them.

IIRC, I've been in 110, 112, 113, 115, 124/125, 207, and 233.

I really liked the 100 level.

Enjoy the game. It is a nice stadium and the roof with A/C was very comfortable.

Thanks. I'll check out some of those sections.
rbtexan
S
Took my family down from TN for the afternoon game against the Giants, sat in 110. I thought they were excellent seats, and we could see everything...no sightline problems at all.
KT 90
AG
Trucker 96
Well, let's hope they are better at that now than 10 years ago, or should we go ahead and schedule his TJ surgery
duck79
AG
Taking my son and friends for his birthday Thursday. I got tickets in 130 row 3 so we will see how those are. None of the kids have been to a game before so they will just be happy to be there.

Not sure why that emoji was chosen. That's what I get for typing at a red light.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That's exactly what I was thinking. May as well get him on the books.
wbt5845
AG
Damn that got out fast. From my seat, it looked like a double all the way.
Trucker 96
Kumar Rocker pitched tonight, and the more I see of him, the less interested I become.
jtstanley4621
AG
Fore Left! said:

Kumar Rocker pitched tonight, and the more I see of him, the less interested I become.

In fairness I have not watched Rocker pitch this year at all but it seems like his arm will have a good amount of wear on it. Wonder if TJ surgery is in his future.
wbt5845
AG
Gallo met with Boras last week and insists he's open to an extension.

From FWST today (behind firewall)

Quote:

Gallo insists money won't be a roadblock to extension

ARLINGTON Joey Gallo spent time last weekend in Los Angeles with his agent, Scott Boras.

The right fielder has spent time, just not quite as recently, with Texas Rangers brass.

Gallo has made it clear that doesn't want to be traded. He doesn't want to be leave via free agency.

Gallo said he also has made it known to both the Rangers and Boras that the size of a potential contract extension is not going to be what drives him away from the Rangers.

"I haven't even talked about money," Gallo said Friday before the Rangers opened a 10-game homestand. "Everybody keeps talking about money. It's not money. I never want money. I want to be here, and I want to be here with a team that values me. Money is money. We can figure that out."
investorAg83
AG
wbt5845 said:

Quote:

ARLINGTON Joey Gallo spent time last weekend in Los Angeles with his agent, Scott Boras.

The right fielder has spent time, just not quite as recently, with Texas Rangers brass.

Gallo has made it clear that doesn't want to be traded. He doesn't want to be leave via free agency.

Gallo said he also has made it known to both the Rangers and Boras that the size of a potential contract extension is not going to be what drives him away from the Rangers.

"I haven't even talked about money," Gallo said Friday before the Rangers opened a 10-game homestand. "Everybody keeps talking about money. It's not money. I never want money. I want to be here, and I want to be here with a team that values me. Money is money. We can figure that out."

As much as I'd like to believe that, it's hard to believe someone that feels that way would be a Boras client.
_lefraud_
AG
I definitely agree but at the end of the day, Boras works for Gallos...not the other way around.
Schall 02
AG
Maybe he knows he's not worth that much?
rbtexan
S
investorAg83 said:

wbt5845 said:

Quote:

As much as I'd like to believe that, it's hard to believe someone that feels that way would be a Boras client.

I'm the world's biggest cynic (occupational hazard), but I view those comments by Gallo as nothing more than posturing. That way if he walks as a FA he'll have some supposed moral high-ground of having tried to work it out. Then when the Rangers won't overpay to re-sign him, he can claim he's being disrespected.
Personally I'm ready to move on from him. He is what he is at this point.
hawk1689
AG
The guy is a career .209 hitter. There is no Bryce Harper money waiting on the table.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.