*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,920 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
investorAg83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Terrible strike call on Gallo, there. I know variability is a part of the game with umps but with some of the calls I've seen this year around the league, I'm getting more on board with robo-umps.
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm starting to think the suites behind home plate are a nice addition. Sure makes for some decent views a lot of games.
gigem1223
Back to .500
wbt5845
AG
investorAg83 said:

Terrible strike call on Gallo, there. I know variability is a part of the game with umps but with some of the calls I've seen this year around the league, I'm getting more on board with robo-umps.
Yeah, the umpires are really doing their best to sell me on an electronic ball/strike system.
wbt5845
AG
So, entering 2nd week of May, let's see how this is going

wbt5845 said:

NL EAST: Braves - 2 out
NL CENTRAL: Cardinals - yep
NL WEST: Dodgers - 2.5 out
NL: WILDCARDS: Brewers, Padres - 2.5 out

NL MVP: Fernando Tatis Jr. - He is sucking
NL CY YOUNG: Jacob deGrom - He is awesome, but may have gotten hurt today
NL ROOKIE: Ke'Bryan Hayes, 3B (Pirates) - wrist injury has kept him out - on 60 day DL

AL EAST: Yankees - 3.5 out
AL CENTRAL: Twins - oops
AL WEST: Angels - yikes
AL WILDCARDS: Rays and YOUR TEXAS RANGERS - well, both are .500

AL MVP: Mike Trout - He's really good
AL CY YOUNG: Lucas Giolito - He has sucked a mighty vacuum
AL ROOKIE: Bobby Dalbec, 1B (Red Sox) - He has been BAAAAAAAD

I just want to be able to crow if the Rangers get lucky and everything falls just right.

WS: Dodgers over Angels in a Freeway Series - Ah, nope
chick79
AG
This team amazes me. There's no way this team should be playing .500 baseball but they are. I just hope management has patience with Woodward during the rebuild. Firing him would be a huge mistake.
Grapesoda2525
Even tho he's 28.. if Garcia doesn't cool off he should be seen as a building block. Look at Nelson Cruz. Don't make the same mistake twice.
Grapesoda2525
Tough stretch coming up with 2 @ SF, 4 @ HOU, and then NYY and HOU back at home..

Hoping to split the two at SF. They are 12-3 at home. We'll face Wood tomorrow (against Gibson) and he has an ERA below 2, but we'll miss Desclafani and Gausman. Webb pitches Tuesday and he is by far the worst starter they have with an ERA above 5.
DallasAg 94
CampingAg
AG
It's amazing what happens when hitters stay inside the baseball.
KT 90
AG
gigem1223 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2021/05/08/nick-solak-isiah-kiner-falefa-becoming-the-als-best-middle-infield-combo-may-offer-rangers-some-intriguing-options/%3foutputType=amp

Interesting read, thanks for posting.

wbt5845
AG
Oh joy - no DH in NL parks.

Mon. at SF: Kiner-Falefa 6, Solak 4, Lowe 3, Garcia 8, Gallo 9, Davis 7, Culberson 5, Heim 2, Gibson 1
Mr Gigem
AG
Got spoiled last year with the NL having the DH. I hate watching pitchers bat. 99% of them are so helpless at the plate
xjrayx
AG
Just wasted another great start by Gibson
Mr Gigem
AG
Really unfortunate series of events this inning. Was feeling pretty good about pulling out a win against a hot team, but not so much now
dave94
AG
What a terrible throw.

Edit: Could have been dug out, but there was plenty of time for a good throw.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Good on this Rogers kid for finding a niche throwing 70-75.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Well it's gonna be one of those nights then.
KT 90
AG
dave94 said:

What a terrible throw.

That happens when you have to put a DH in LF. Woof.
xjrayx
AG
Really would have been nice to get that win after the strong start from Gibby. Don't feel good about our chances anytime Lyles gets the start
alvtimes
KT 90 said:

dave94 said:

What a terrible throw.

I think that was in reference to throw from 3rd but yes the throw from Davis was ...... i cant even put an an age group on it.... 8th grade maybe????? got dang not even close!!!!
dave94
AG
alvtimes said:

KT 90 said:

dave94 said:

What a terrible throw.

I think that was in reference to throw from 3rd but yes the throw from Davis was ...... i cant even put an an age group on it.... 8th grade maybe????? got dang not even close!!!!

Haha, yeah, I meant the throw from third, but Davis' was quite comical.
Trucker 96
Insane that Gibson's ERA is down to 2.28 after 5 ERs given up to get 1 out in that first start, leaving that game with a 135 ERA. He's given up 7 ERs in the subsequent 7 starts.
Grapesoda2525
Hoping for the split today to keep the momentum going. Either way, good thing this series is over soon. Playing the giants at home is never a fun time.
AgBQ-00
AG
That park is just a nightmare for most teams. It plays so much bigger than any other park I can think of.
Grapesoda2525
AgBQ-00 said:

That park is just a nightmare for most teams. It plays so much bigger than any other park I can think of.
It's a beautiful park, but we just always seem ill equipped to do well there.
WestTexasAg
AG
KT 90 said:

gigem1223 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2021/05/08/nick-solak-isiah-kiner-falefa-becoming-the-als-best-middle-infield-combo-may-offer-rangers-some-intriguing-options/%3foutputType=amp

Interesting indeed. Solak can hit, and IKF is an elite defender. So far, they have been a big upgrade over what we had last season with Andrus and Odor.

If those two can show they can play at this level for the long haul, we are set at middle infield. Lowe also seems like he might actually be a long term option at first base. We could then go all in on a big bat at 3rd base, which we have lacked since Beltre retired.
Grapesoda2525
WestTexasAg said:

KT 90 said:

gigem1223 said:

Interesting indeed. Solak can hit, and IKF is an elite defender. So far, they have been a big upgrade over what we had last season with Andrus and Odor.

If those two can show they can play at this level for the long haul, we are set at middle infield. Lowe also seems like he might actually be a long term option at first base. We could then go all in on a big bat at 3rd base, which we have lacked since Beltre retired.
Almost makes you wish they tried harder to get Rendon. Culberson is doing a decent job over there and is better than any alternative we could've come up with this season tho.
toucan82
Dahl in center and Willie in left today

Should be an adventure
Grapesoda2525
https://www.mlb.com/news/best-under-the-radar-adds-2021-mlb-season

An interesting look at the best "under the radar" additions by teams so far this season. Unfortunately, the Oakland A's have a pitcher on this list. Both Bay Area teams, The A's and Giants always seem to have great / deep pitching for some reason.

Nate Lowe is looking like he could be a building block. Good trade so far.
KT 90
AG
toucan82 said:

Dahl in center and Willie in left today

Should be an adventure

At least Willie is an upgrade over Davis in LF. But yeah, not sure about Dahl in CF. Garcia getting the day off:

KT 90
AG
And it's a 2:30 start today for the WFH crowd
DallasAg 94
Quincey P. Morris
AG
If they're not confident they can ink him to a long term deal, then no. I don't think there's any realm where this team should be buyers at the deadline this year. Especially for potential rentals.
rbtexan
S
No, no, no.

This team is in a rebuild mode, and they need to stick to that plan. Too many times this franchise has made trade deadline acquisitions based on fool's gold, and then had the inevitable setbacks.

If the Rangers don't stand pat, then they need to be sellers, not buyers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.