*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,910 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
Back to my "gee they wanna sell the team" theory...

After this season, only players on the hook for are Gibson, LeClerc and Arihara, along with dead Elvis and Odor money. Decks are cleared.

DallasAg 94
Super Aggie 64
AG
Why is today's game not on the Fox Sports Go app? They are showing In the Spotlight - Dennis Eckersley. I have watched every game this season on the app.
wbt5845
AG
The Rangers last 8 runs have all been driven in by home runs.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
wbt5845 said:

The Rangers last 8 runs have all been driven in by home runs.

Not for long. Tavares just hit a single to score Trevino.
wbt5845
AG
Gibson pitching well. Struck out 5 in first three innings.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Did a great job getting to Ryu last inning too. Heart of the order coming up. Gallo needs to get hot.
Grapesoda2525
CDowsk09 said:

Why is today's game not on the Fox Sports Go app? They are showing In the Spotlight - Dennis Eckersley. I have watched every game this season on the app.
That's a good question.

How the hell is anyone watching this team with the combination of streaming services being shut out and the vast majority of cable networks being excluded by Bally?

Anyone have a solution or work around?
wbt5845
AG
Gibson out after 6. Sborz in.

82 total pitches. 55 strikes, 5 K, 0 ER, 8 K.
KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

CDowsk09 said:

That's a good question.

How the hell is anyone watching this team with the combination of streaming services being shut out and the vast majority of cable networks being excluded by Bally?

Anyone have a solution or work around?

I am on DirecTV, so I am good. Someone posted this a few days back, you can give it a shot if you like:

"I'm just gonna leave this right here for those that have streaming services or DISH for their tv provider:

mlb66.ir"

wbt5845
AG
Bush comes in a serves up meatball to Semien.

2-1
KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

2-1

Losing LeClerc and J. Hernandez has elevated Bush to a spot in the pen that he doesn't really need to be in. But there aren't many other options.

wbt5845
AG
KT 90 said:

wbt5845 said:

2-1

Losing LeClerc and J. Hernandez has elevated Bush to a spot in the pen that he doesn't really need to be in. But there aren't many other options.

True. But he's gonna own the 8th. 2 out and pitching to Vlad Jr.
wbt5845
AG
Got out.

2-1 after 7 1/2
KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

KT 90 said:

wbt5845 said:

2-1

True. But he's gonna own the 8th. 2 out and pitching to Vlad Jr.

He managed to escape with just HR. Three innings, three HR's allowed isn't good.

What happened to him, has he been hurt? Just looked up his stats and he has nothing for 2019 or 2020.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bushma01.shtml

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Tommy John I believe. Just like all the Rangers pitchers. They've either had it or will have it.
KT 90
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Tommy John I believe. Just like all the Rangers pitchers. They've either had it or will have it.

Found it:

"Bush, meanwhile, hasn't appeared in a Major League game since 2018 due to a pair of elbow surgeries (including a Tommy John procedure). Texas signed Bush to a two-year minor league deal in the 2019-20 offseason to allow him to rehab throughout the 2020 campaign, with an eye towards making him available this season."

wbt5845
AG
Hello win column.

2-1

in about 2 1/2 hours. Awesome.
Mr Gigem
AG
LFG!!!!
bigcat22
AG
Gentlemen, we have now won 2 games in a row. Win again on Friday and that's called a winning streak. It has happened before.
sburg2007
.500 through 6 games? hello mediocrity and not complete suckage!
DallasAg 94
EastSideAg2002
sburg2007 said:

.500 through 6 games? hello mediocrity and not complete suckage!
I thought the goal was complete suckage?
Proposition Joe
The goal is only complete suckage if you're playing a bunch of veteran spares.

If you're playing the young guys, and they are producing wins, that's a good thing.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I'll certainly take a win like today. Facing a legitimate ace in Ryu, the bottom of the Rangers order accounted for 6/8 base hits.

I've always liked Trevino and I hope he continues to hit. He's not a bad defensive catcher either. He's had some clutch hits in his short time with the big club. Culberson finally did something today! I was ragging on him all the way home from the game a few days ago. Hopefully he'll come around too.

Grapesoda2525
It's early season and too early to worry about tanking.

Just hope that the Tatis injury evens the playing field a bit and we can maybe win the series against the Padres. Hopefully tatis feels good as new and 100% after this weekend is over.
Carlo4
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Just hope that the Tatis injury evens the playing field a bit and we can maybe win the series against the Padres. Hopefully tatis feels good as new and 100% after this weekend is over.
no more grand slams!
wbt5845
AG
Carlo4 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

no more grand slams!
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Rangers having a couple good games.

Great to see*.

*By see... I don't mean watch... 'cause I don't get FSSW**

**FSSW or whatever the new station is.

BSSW I believe. Just swap Bally (B) for Fox (F) and you get BSSW. Not at home right now, so can't click the TV guide to verify.
DallasAg 94
ChipFTAC01
AG
I sure didn't wake up this morning thinking that David Hulse's name was one I would hear today.

Apparently the internet is in Chris Farley nostalgia mode after Rudy Guilliani's son announced he might run for governor.

Grapesoda2525
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31208667/mlb-power-rankings-week-1-biggest-risers-fallers-first-week-season

Interesting look at the power rankings so far. I saw several things noteworthy.

The rangers are ranked 28 out of 30 in these rankings despite having a .500 ranking. If they win the series against the Padres this weekend, I bet they move up 5 slots.

Quote:

Texas doesn't have much going on the mound, as evidenced by the whopping 38 runs given up in the first five games of the season. The Rangers have been slightly better at the plate, but they're not good enough to outslug teams -- which is exactly what they'll need to do to win games. -- Rogers

Minnesota : #4 overall

Quote:

So far, so good: The Twins have averaged more than six runs per game. The best thing about it is that through Tuesday, only 39% of their runs had come via the long ball, down from 49% last season and 51% the season before. With Byron Buxton breaking out and contact hitters Luis Arraez, Willians Astudillo and Andrelton Simmons all off to fast starts, this is a more balanced Twins attack. Oh, and Nelson Cruz just doesn't age. This should not be possible, but his bat looks as quick as ever. Upper 90s, up in the zone? No problem. Cruz has a 3.500 OPS on those so far. He's almost 41 years old! -- Doolittle
It's nice to see a team not play banister meathead baseball and be rewarded for it. I'm still mad at JD for not fighting harder to keep Nelson Cruz.

Cincinnati: #19 overall

Quote:

The Reds might be the biggest early surprise in all of baseball. They looked awful in spring training, but their offense has come alive this month. It's a year later than many predicted, as they're being led by a couple of newer players in right fielder Nick Castellanos (second year with the team) and left fielder Tyler Naquin (first year). Naquin has already reached his 2020 home run total, hitting four in the team's first six games. The Reds might not have staying power on the mound, but right now they are the cream of the NL Central. -- Rogers
Last year, many ranger fans like myself were dying to see the team make some moves to upgrade the offense. For about 2 months castellanos was the most notable guy out there and JD probably could've got him or he tried. We have Nate Lowe and so far the guy is carrying his weight. It will be interesting to compare the trajectories of both Castellanos and Lowe going forward.

Oakland : #18 overall

Quote:

The A's have so many questions that will factor into whether they can legitimately contend for a playoff spot. Can Elvis Andrus adequately replace Marcus Semien? Will they find a pitcher to be a consistent ace at the top of the rotation? Maybe the biggest will be whether both Matt Olson and Matt Chapman can have bounce-back seasons after down years in 2020. -- Lee
Yes you read that right. The 1-5 Oakland A's are still ranked way ahead of us. It will be interesting to see if former rangers Elvis and Mitch can get it together there.

These rankings are still heavily weighted by both spring training and the moves made in the preseason ( or lack there of) by some teams.
investorAg83
AG
Re the Oakland blurb: Elvis will not adequately replace Semien and that's not a knock on Elvis...replacing MS was going to be a problem.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.