*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

236,956 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was he safe on review?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
hawk1689
AG
Don't like watching the shift work and runner was safe at first.
WestTexasAg
AG
Arihara. Less than impressive thus far.
xjrayx
AG

Not great.
PatAg
AG
Is it bad to have no one hiting over .300 on your team? Asking for a friend
xjrayx
AG
Willie has been hitting so well lately. So happy he got that homer in that spot!!
WestTexasAg
AG
PatAg said:

Is it bad to have no one hiting over .300 on your team? Asking for a friend
Solak, Calhoun, Culberson. All hitting over .300. Nate Lowe has been solid, IKF steady. Trevino not bad at all.

This team is showing more offensive firepower than I expected, and this is without Gallo putting up big power numbers yet and Khris Davis still hasn't played a game.
xjrayx
AG
What a frustrating game
xjrayx
AG
THANK YOU DAVID DAHL
Trucker 96
That was a bit like an overwhelmed little leaguer swinging late on one and connecting, but I'll take it! Wasn't sure if that was strategic or just defensive. It wasn't really a full shift
xjrayx
AG
BROCK HOLT, YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMAN
Trucker 96
Nice! And the bosox boot it around to give up the insurance run
xjrayx
AG
This team has been so much more fun to watch than I thought they would be this year. Could all fall apart in a hurry, but nice to see competitive and fun games against good teams.
Trucker 96
Yep, one month of entertaining baseball vs the absolute crap we got last year. I take it as a win
KT 90
AG
Overall, pretty good pitching today. Two more hits for Calhoun, his average is up to .347 now.
wbt5845
AG
Thoughts on dropping YouTube TV for ATT TV in order to get Rangers games? YTTV is $65 a month - ATT TV package that carries Rangers is the Choice package, which is $85 a month. They also have a promo right now that you get a year of HBO Max for free. No contract.

Any of you guys got ATT TV? Satisfied with it?

I guess DirectTV online is another option, but I'm having trouble figuring out which package, if any, carries Bally Sports SW.

Will not go back to Spectrum. Will not get a satellite dish.
Grapesoda2525
wbt5845 said:

Thoughts on dropping YouTube TV for ATT TV in order to get Rangers games? YTTV is $65 a month - ATT TV package that carries Rangers is the Choice package, which is $85 a month. They also have a promo right now that you get a year of HBO Max for free. No contract.

I guess DirectTV online is another option, but I'm having trouble figuring out which package, if any, carries Bally Sports SW.

It kinda looks like all options suck right now.

Has anyone had success going the mlb.tv and then using the VPN to spoof your location to avoid blackouts route?
KT 90
AG
wbt5845 said:

I have DirectTV, no issues with it and it has SEC Network and Bally, plus the usual sports channels. So that covers me for Aggie sports plus Rangers. They have MLB channel as well.

If you have AT&T Wireless, you get HBO added for free (or at least it was when I signed up, but it hasn't changed for me).
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Danny Phantom
powerbelly
AG
Danny Phantom said:

I don't get why there's a lot of whining from fans & media. We played the hand we were dealt in the first & drafted Parsons. We traded back & got an extra 3rd which made the pick that much better.

In the 2nd we went boom or bust at CB. Rumor has it we were trying to trade up for Campbell but he went at 33. I honestly believe the cowboys when they said they were looking at CB in the 2nd round & they would of picked Joseph over Moehrig.

In the 3rd is where most of the *****ing is coming from. I didn't hate the first 2 picks of Osa & Golston. I think both those guys are safe "contact" picks. They found solid pieces that will provide meaningful snaps & be rotational players. The final 3rd round pick was another boom or bust pick at CB. I don't care about where others had him graded. We saw something we liked in him & thought his potential was higher than those other DBs that were there. Maybe we're wrong, maybe we're right, but we had that luxury of swinging for the fences after we got an extra 3rd rounder from philly.

Then in the 4th we got Cox & ball, the ole double whammy. Supposedly we were debating over Wright & Cox in the 3rd so the fact we still got Cox later makes this pick even better. If these picks were switched a lot of fans would feel better. The Ball pick came with scrutiny because of the off field issues but hopefully he's a better person now because is talented. Swing tackle & potential future LT there.

After the 4th I don't really care because the odds of one making the team are slim. Fehoko looks promising & Quonton looks like the run stuffer we've been looking for. Israel is another 6'4 DB who's played top competition & the 7th round G is cool too.

Overall, it's a solid draft who's success is dependent on 1 of those 2 boom or bust CBs being a boom.
I think you are lost.
Danny Phantom
Oops. Go Rangers!!
WestTexasAg
AG
So the new middle infield for the Rangers.......so far so good.

I loved Elvis, and hated to see him go but so far you would have to say it was the right move. IKF is the better defender, and IKF is putting up numbers at least as good if not better than Elvis did in an average year. Elvis so far this year is hitting .160 for the A's.

As for second base, that has been no contest so far. Solak is playing at a high level. Odor hitting .169 for the Yankees.

WestTexasAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Taking 3 of 4 from the BoSox in Arlington will keep feeding the thought we are closer than we thought.

At this point... who are the top 3 Rangers that if replaced... could make a real difference?

Lyles - Need at least another SP.
Hearn - We really need an 8th inning lefty.
Dahl - We need another Big Bat.

Attrition around the league is starting to set in...
Agreed on Lyles
Hearn shows flashes, but his numbers haven't been good. Fair pick though.
Dahl has been disappointing so far

Can't say I disagree with your list, although I might strongly consider Arihara as well.
DallasAg 94
Baby Billy
AG
Does anyone need 4 tickets for Saturday's game?
I've got 4 together in Section 111 Row 9 on an aisle.

Really good seats, but we need 5 together now.

$220 for the 4. Transferred via email. Text or call me 254-541-1250
cmiller00
AG
Garcia!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I like Garcia
xjrayx
AG
This team, man. So fun!!
Grapesoda2525
AgBQ-00
AG
I like this team. just enjoy watching them.
xjrayx
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31393995/drew-robinson-makes-san-francisco-giants-triple-roster-losing-eye-2020-suicide-attempt

I completely missed this whole story about former Ranger Drew Robinson. So cool that he is still here and playing at a level good enough to make it back to AAA. Definitely rooting for him!
Baby Billy
AG
xjrayx said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31393995/drew-robinson-makes-san-francisco-giants-triple-roster-losing-eye-2020-suicide-attempt

I completely missed this whole story about former Ranger Drew Robinson. So cool that he is still here and playing at a level good enough to make it back to AAA. Definitely rooting for him!

Me too. Shocking
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.