*****Official Texas Rangers 2021 Season Thread*****

232,999 Views | 3491 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DeangeloVickers
J.P. 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy cow, is he throwing a NO-HITTER? Like, right now? The Rangers have NO HITS? I can't believe Kluber is throwing a NO-HITTER! That's crazy!
Trucker 96
Definitely getting a bit of no hitter luck
jtstanley4621
AG
Effing brutal
J.P. 03
AG
Welp, I tried. What a nut punch.
Trucker 96
How did Dahl hit .300 two years ago? He constantly looks so overwhelmed.
Grapesoda2525
Rangers paid Kluber 18.5 million for one inning of work. They didn't want to bring him back for another try. They gave up Clase who has 7 saves and an ERA of 1.00 this season. 1.74 career ERA and you are going to trust the front office to rebuild this team?

Another black eye for this team. **** your kluber!
Grapesoda2525
Fore Left! said:

How did Dahl hit .300 two years ago? He constantly looks so overwhelmed.
Doesn't look like Dahl is going to Pan out here. Oh well gave up nothing to get him, but yeah it looks like he sucks.
Trucker 96
Technically they paid Kluber $6.5 last year due to the covid proration. But still smarts. Then they paid him $1 mill to avoid paying him $18.5 this year, all so he could come back and no hit them instead
CampingAg
AG
The most Rangers thing to ever Ranger. We sign a big name pitcher, gets hurt for the year after one inning, goes to the Yankees after we don't pick up his option, and he no-hits us. Unbelievable.

(Note: I know we shouldn't have picked up his option, but it makes it all the more poetic.)
jtstanley4621
AG
Feels like par for the course as far as DFW sports luck goes unfortunately
Rubble
AG
Baseball sucks. Glad we can't watch it
toucan82
I remember thinking things couldn't be worse when we gave up all those grand slams in consecutive games last year. Turns out I was wrong
CampingAg
AG
Also since we're in the complaining mood, why does our turf look awful? Is it the lighting? Camera angles? It's bad bad. Why is it that there's turf at high school fields that looks super sharp and we have this?
sburg2007
Well for starters it's plastic so there's that. (It all looks bad)
powerbelly
AG
CampingAg said:

Also since we're in the complaining mood, why does our turf look awful? Is it the lighting? Camera angles? It's bad bad. Why is it that there's turf at high school fields that looks super sharp and we have this?

All turf looks awful on tv.
Tastybrisket10
AG
At least that feat was pretty incredible and fun to watch. The no hitter is quickly losing it's significance in 2021.
CampingAg
AG
powerbelly said:

CampingAg said:

All turf looks awful on tv.
Ours looks awful in person too.
Rubble
AG
Tastybrisket10 said:

At least that feat was pretty incredible and fun to watch. The no hitter is quickly losing it's significance in 2021.

Pretty soon, it won't even be something to brag about
South Platte
toucan82 said:

I remember thinking things couldn't be worse when we gave up all those grand slams in consecutive games last year. Turns out I was wrong

I think the grand slams were worse. We even had Tatis apologizing for hitting a grand slam. So embarrassing.

Lucky for us we just built a new stadium. Otherwise this team might look at moving out of dfw. The franchise is permanently cursed. Plus we have stupid management and stupid players that suck at baseball.
94chem
Pretty good job when you can toss a ball 18 times, take $8 million from the boss man, leave town to work for a rival, come back for a visit to shove it up his ass with your boot, and get roundly congratulated for it. That's a good gig if I do say so.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Grapesoda2525
South Platte said:

toucan82 said:

I think the grand slams were worse. We even had Tatis apologizing for hitting a grand slam. So embarrassing.

Lucky for us we just built a new stadium. Otherwise this team might look at moving out of dfw. The franchise is permanently cursed. Plus we have stupid management and stupid players that suck at baseball.
No kidding. This feels like David freese in game 6 2011 World Series, Madison bumgarners coming out party in game 4 2010 World Series, the Bautista bat flip in 2015 and finally an extremely motivated and laser focused blue jays team coming to avenge the Bautista punch in 2016 all over again.

I use to look at the Kansas City royals and know that it could always be worse, but they have their championship and they have developed great players more recently than we have. We have become that harmless pre-world series Kansas City royals team who was so futile and bad that you almost pitied them.

We need ownership to sell the team bad..very badly.

DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
94chem
DallasAg 94 said:

This year for pitching we could have had (ERA Ranking in AL):

X. Lynn: 7GS, 1.55 ERA, 40.2 IP, 0.984 WHIP
3. Gibson: 9GS, 2.35 ERA, 54.1 IP, 1.01 WHIP
8. Kluber: 9GS, 2.86 ERA, 50.1 IP, 1.17 WHIP

X= Not qualified to be ranked based on IP, or he'd be #1.

Glad we are rebuilding in our $94M payroll that is ranked 21st... in a brand new stadium.

Yanks are paying less for Kluber in 2021 than the Astros paid for Scott Feldman in 2014.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DallasAg 94
bigcat22
AG
Apparently last night was Core Kluber bobble head night at the park... the stories write themselves
Grapesoda2525
I'm sure people will attack me for it, but I would've picked up Klubers option if I was the rangers for 2 reasons.

1) you've already given up the prospects

2) you're not paying anyone else. Pretty much nobody on this team is getting paid. Just suck it up and pay the guy his money and hope he plays well so you could flip him at the deadline. It's not a big deal when we already paid A rod, choo, odor, and fielder money at times while they were here ( or weren't here even) to sit around and do nothing for the team.

powerbelly
AG
I agree, but it is pretty clear ownership isn't interested in spending money.
rbtexan
S
I have always found it fascinating how the Rangers evaluate...or maybe don't.

They stick with the guys who never get better, and never become what they should be (Odor, arguably Gallo, etc.), they sign mediocre players based on one good season (totally ignoring the body of their career work - Jordan Lyles on line 1), and then they'll give up way too soon on players they should've kept (Kluber?).

I'm hoping CY can become the GM that Daniels never has been. And though Evan Carter is looking like he was actually a really good pick in last year's draft, the scouting department better knock it out of the park this year or they should all be fired.
powerbelly
AG
My only questions with Chris Young are will he have the freedom to actually be the GM and how tied are his hands with regards to money.
Grapesoda2525
rbtexan said:

I have always found it fascinating how the Rangers evaluate...or maybe don't.

They stick with the guys who never get better, and never become what they should be (Odor, arguably Gallo, etc.), they sign mediocre players based on one good season (totally ignoring the body of their career work - Jordan Lyles on line 1), and then they'll give up way too soon on players they should've kept (Kluber?).

I'm hoping CY can become the GM that Daniels never has been. And though Evan Carter is looking like he was actually a really good pick in last year's draft, the scouting department better knock it out of the park this year or they should all be fired.
Most of you probably don't need to be reminded of this, but kluber has 2 cy youngs. They're already in his damn trophy case. Have any other ranger pitchers ever won one?

Good thing it's an afternoon game today so that we can quickly put last game behind us.
toucan82
I'm calling it now: we get at least 1 hit today
wbt5845
AG
Every time I come to a game, I'm amazed at how beautiful this park is. And that play by Dunning was nutz.
JWinTX
I would've too. Someone has to pitch the innings. If he does a good job, it helps in every way imaginable.
Trucker 96
This season has felt 2020ish over the past week

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.