BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,907 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$6 for a salad is cheap compared to Salata. Holy crap
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
maroon barchetta said:

australopithecus robustus said:

Salad and go is very cheap

No.

The board has spoken.

This business is too expensive and will fail in this market.
The reasoning why? Because it's not another chicken based restaurant. We only like chicken round these parts. Not the stuff that the chickens eat.

trouble
AG
I'm not sure when it happened but Lonestar Quiltworks closed.
MS08
AG
Was going to Chase and figured I would pop by to look at the sign because place was noticeably dead driving by. IMO, beginning of the end for Champion Pizza. I gave it one shot when it first opened up. Who's next?!
Kbeauty63
AG
trouble said:

The owner retired. I think February 15th was their last day. From what I heard in the shop there is a fabric store in Downtown Bryan that got some of their stock. But NONE of the custom Aggie fabric they had.
trouble
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

trouble said:

The owner retired. I think February 15th was their last day. From what I heard in the shop there is a fabric store in Downtown Bryan that got some of their stock. But NONE of the custom Aggie fabric they had.

I hadn't been in there this year because I'm making myself work through my stash. Sad to have them gone. I didn't realize there is a fabric store downtown.
CEAg78
AG
Premier Stitching is the store downtown and they DID get Teri's custom Aggie fabric, at least the stock she had. Don't know if there will be future supplies.

That store is formerly Sew Vac Direct. They also also added sales/service for Baby Lock and Handi Quilter machines.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
BlueMiles
AG
Any relation to Sew Vac City? Just curious.
CEAg78
AG
No. Maybe at one time but definitely not now.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
BlueMiles
AG
As Kbeauty63 wrote, the Lone Star Quilt Works lady wanted to retire after 18 years. From the announcement, "We have not fallen on hard times financially, I am not dying of a dastardly disease (as far as I know), and we have not lost our lease. It is just time to go down a different path in life. I hope that all of you will wish me well and understand!"

She was not able to get anyone to buy the store. Toward the end, the fabric was marked down until all the stock was gone. I did not know about the downtown store, either.
trouble
AG
She was very helpful to a young me getting started quilting. I have no idea how I missed that announcement. I would have definitely bought fabric I didn't need
trouble
AG
Thank you!
ElephantRider
AG

Salads and go is a very popular, rapidly growing emerging concept that has very impressive traffic and a dutch bros. like cult following. It will eclipse anything kettle ever did and the industry has moved so much towards drive thru vs dine in.
Similar to how I will never step foot in The Backyard because it replaced Fitzwilly's, I will never go to Salad and Go because it replaced The Kettle
australopithecus robustus
ElephantRider said:

Salads and go is a very popular, rapidly growing emerging concept that has very impressive traffic and a dutch bros. like cult following. It will eclipse anything kettle ever did and the industry has moved so much towards drive thru vs dine in.
Similar to how I will never step foot in The Backyard because it replaced Fitzwilly's, I will never go to Salad and Go because it replaced The Kettle

Well ok then thank goodness that's settled lol
Hittag1492
AG
ElephantRider said:

While this makes no sense and is irrational at best and hateful at worst-I completely agree...
snaglepuss
What happened to this topic...
Roxie146
She retired in the spring - the Aggie Fabric can now be found at Premier Stitching near downtown Bryan - they are the now Babylock and Handi Quilter dealers. A few of the staff from Lone Star are now working there.

Great fabric selections

I thought they did get the Aggie fabric but I could be wrong.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Anyone else heard a rumor about a potential hotel at the Bryan Midtown park and that it may have a small water park component to it?
bcstx06
Captn_Ag05 said:

Anyone else heard a rumor about a potential hotel at the Bryan Midtown park and that it may have a small water park component to it?

That's a good rumor! Hope it's true!

Salads and Go is also building a Bryan location next door to the Drew's Carwash on Texas Ave.
Rapier108

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Captn_Ag05
AG
Rusty is usually a couple weeks behind this board on these stories.
Captn_Ag05
AG
TXB is also building a gas station and convenience store at F&B and Harvey Mitchell, near the Equine Center. This would be the 5th or 6th location that TXB has submitted for locations in BCS.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Rusty is usually a couple weeks behind this board on these stories.
And even then, can't always be trusted to post the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Just a public service announcement.
bcstx06
Captn_Ag05 said:

TXB is also building a gas station and convenience store at F&B and Harvey Mitchell, near the Equine Center. This would be the 5th or 6th location that TXB has submitted for locations in BCS.

That's a great spot for a gas station. There is no development along that part of 2818. Will it be on the Equine side of 2818 or the other side?
Tailgate88
AG
bcstx06 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

That's a great spot for a gas station. There is no development along that part of 2818. Will it be on the Equine side of 2818 or the other side?
It will be on the Southwest corner of F&B and HM, so diagonally across from the Equine center and on the same side of the HM as Fiddler's Green.
maroon barchetta
Yeah, I didn't think they would be building on state property across the road.
bcstx06
maroon barchetta said:

Yeah, I didn't think they would be building on state property across the road.

That's what I figured as well but I asked because they mentioned the Equine Center.
Average Joe
AG
Not sure if it's been posted (skipped past all the nasty Kettle vs Salad place debate), but First Financial Bank going at the entrance of the Southern Pointe subdivision.
maroon barchetta
Average Joe said:

Not sure if it's been posted (skipped past all the nasty Kettle vs Salad place debate), but First National Bank going at the entrance of the Southern Pointe subdivision.

Thank goodness there will finally be a bank in this town!!!!
Average Joe
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Average Joe said:

Not sure if it's been posted (skipped past all the nasty Kettle vs Salad place debate), but First National Bank going at the entrance of the Southern Pointe subdivision.

How else are we supposed to do our online banking?
Tailgate88
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Average Joe said:

I assume in a strip center with a nail salon and wing joint coming soon.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Tailgate88 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Average Joe said:

I assume in a strip center with a nail salon and wing joint coming soon.
maybe a barber shop and a vape shop too.
Picadillo
Salad and Go replaced an iconic restaurant. Lots of local resentment and perhaps not the best business decision. Should have found a clear site.
Jsimonds58
AG
Don't forget a chicken tender place
Collectonian
Saw a sign for Ross Dress for Less going in the old Beall's location in Tajas. Anyone know if it's a new location or if our current one is relocating?

Hoping it's a new one - the current one's lines are ridiculously long
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.