BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,825 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Garhett_W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't have a pizza place without beer
trouble
AG
Ummm, okay. I've literally never ordered a beer with pizza.
Aggie_95
AG
trouble said:

Ummm, okay. I've literally never ordered a beer with pizza.

You never did Wild and Wooly Wednesday's at Double Dave's back in the day?
trouble
AG
Nope. I was too poor for Double Dave's back then
Bad Poster
trouble said:

**** is anyone rich enough for double dave's these days? Their prices are ridiculous
trouble
AG
We go once a month with friends.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
trouble said:

All the extra folding cash was consumed at Double Vodka's.

Don't recall how the pizza was but the Borscht was da Bomb.
trouble
AG
Wrong thread
AggiePhil
AG
trouble said:

When they closed, there was something in their final post about reorganizing and reopening at some point. I don't think that's going to happen.

I think you'd be correct on that one.
wareagle044
Eating at Union Food Hall in Waco now. Cool concept. Looks to be about 80-85% occupied by vendors here. Would fare better closer to campus maybe but will be fun to go out to dinner/lunch and not have to agree on a food type.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans have been submitted for a new 18-story apartment with ground level retail at University/First/Church. It looks like it will be in two sections and they are extending Patricia St. to the part of University turns off to get to Wellborn.

The apartment will be 208 feet in height, 45,000 square feet, and have 850 bedrooms.
dilliam
Captn_Ag05 said:

Site plans have been submitted for a new 18-story apartment with ground level retail at University/First/Church. It looks like it will be in two sections and they are extending Patricia St. to the part of University turns off to get to Wellborn.

The apartment will be 208 feet in height, 45,000 square feet, and have 850 bedrooms.
This will be a pretty unique project given the location and shape of the site. The architect has some pretty good projects on their website: https://www.dwelldesignstudio.com/projects/505-courtland.

This block has needed some love. The "food truck park" wasn't great.

edit: dwell design studio is the architect, not the developer.
MiMi
S
Sign is up for another Tropical Smoothie Cafe. It's at Towerpoint in the new, still under construction, retail strip center in front of H-E-B.
dallasiteinsa02
MiMi said:

Sign is up for another Tropical Smoothie Cafe. It's at Towerpoint in the new, still under construction, retail strip center in front of H-E-B.

I really wish they had smaller sizes driven towards kids.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
MiMi said:

Wonder how many of those new spaces are already leased? Tropical might be the first place open in that new area. Noticed it over the weekend.
TyHolden
AG
is the new italian place next to solt open yet?
Law361
AG
Lots of cars there tonight
ChampsAg
They have kid meals. Or do you mean the smoothies
Tailgate88
AG
Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

MiMi said:

Wonder how many of those new spaces are already leased? Tropical might be the first place open in that new area. Noticed it over the weekend.

Pretty sure Chef Cao is moving down the hill because H-E-B is taking over their current spot.
AG81
AG
TyHolden said:

is the new italian place next to solt open yet?

Casa Mangiare, can't wait. Guessing that was their soft opening. Surely someone from Texags was there! Betting they'll be open to the public by the weekend. I look forward to going.
bushytailed
AG
Double Dave's announced on the General Board that the TX/GB location is closing. The RP and Boonville locations will remain open.

https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/3375095
Studro8355
Are there any updates on the former Macy's building at the mall?
FlyRod
Quote:

Casa Mangiare, can't wait. Guessing that was their soft opening. Surely someone from Texags was there! Betting they'll be open to the public by the weekend. I look forward to going.

Perhaps The Oracle returned just to First To Review it on Yelp. Someone check!
maroon barchetta
What's his new username?

The old one got nuked because Yelp hates us.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
bushytailed said:

Double Dave's announced on the General Board that the TX/GB location is closing. The RP and Boonville locations will remain open.

https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/3375095
It's because they never brought back the lunch buffet!
Tailgate88
AG
RIP Wild & Wooly Wednesday at the 29th street store. Good times, good times.
maroon barchetta
How many requests did you get to take bus riders off-route and drop them there?

Or was it on the route?
toolshed
AG
They said big announcement in two weeks, maybe the return of the buffet?! One can hope…
Robin Sparkles
This is my hope too!! However, the GB location was the closest to work so it will make lunch buffets near impossible to visit again.
Garhett_W
AG
Pop Stroke (Tiger Woods Putt Putt) coming to College Station. Announced on Tiger's instagram with 13 other new locations around the US.
Tailgate88
AG
maroon barchetta said:

How many requests did you get to take bus riders off-route and drop them there?

Or was it on the route?
I never had a route that ran down 29th street. I did take the bus through Taco Bell on Harvey Rd on my last route on my day as a driver though, and bought a crispy taco for everyone on the bus.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Garhett_W said:

Pop Stroke (Tiger Woods Putt Putt) coming to College Station. Announced on Tiger's instagram with 13 other new locations around the US.

https://popstroke.com/news/2023expansionplansannouncement/?fbclid=IwAR1iDTd0gj64AiqVBCbLQNNzGIc1q7CUh_8CBGWLBhfkgQhQJDW1Z-tcNzU
Captn_Ag05
AG
Woodhouse spa at Lakewood opened yesterday.

Factory Builder is opening their College Station location on May 3.

HTea0 (that's been discussed on here before) posted on their social media that the College Station location is coming soon. Have they broken ground yet? On Wellborn next to the Berkeley House.
MS08
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Woodhouse spa at Lakewood opened yesterday.

Factory Builder is opening their College Station location on May 3.

HTea0 (that's been discussed on here before) posted on their social media that the College Station location is coming soon. Have they broken ground yet? On Wellborn next to the Berkeley House.

A new location for Factory Builder as they already have a presence here - where?

Wife has been looking forward to Woodhouse Spa. Their is a hole in the Spa market - hope it delivers!
MS08
AG
Garhett_W said:

This should be a big win!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.