BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,866 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PS3D said:

cslifer said:

It has been said before on here, can someone please start a thread for folks to discuss their obsession with strawberry tarts and keep this thread for its intended purpose?
-signed,
Everyone who really doesn't care about strawberry tarts

There is a new gas station coming across from the 7 Eleven on WJB.

So 6 in a little over a quarter mile stretch of road?
snaglepuss
PS3D said:

cslifer said:

It has been said before on here, can someone please start a thread for folks to discuss their obsession with strawberry tarts and keep this thread for its intended purpose?
-signed,

Where the Valero is?
Hillbilly Harlot
I saw a truck removing pieces of concrete slab from the former location of The Rusty Muffler at 910 S Texas Ave in Bryan, next to Sonic. One of the carhops told me a Starbucks was going in there; I'm dubious.
PS3D
snaglepuss said:

PS3D said:

cslifer said:

-signed,

Where the Valero is?

2104 across from the Mobil
trouble
AG

rsan18
Apologies if this has been cleared up already but any updates on this building?
Hillbilly Harlot
Well, honk my hooter. I stand corrected.
Thank you for the clarification/confirmation.
snaglepuss
Thanks.
lockett93
AG
Oldham Goodwin has a for lease sign up at the former SoFly. Did the sale go through? New buyer decided not to open?
AggieCVQ
Was curious as well. Thought someone bought it. If not keep so fly. Close to my house and the fries are dope..
agman845
Does anyone know/have any updates about the hotpot/Korean bbq place?
Charpie
AG
agman845 said:

Does anyone know/have any updates about the hotpot/Korean bbq place?
MMMMMMMM Hotpot
Birddog
AG
Noticed the Petal Patch in Midtown Shopping Center in Bryan is closed. New sign's on other business but no sign at all for Petal Patch. Internet search says temporarily closed. They were my go-to florist. Great people to do business with.
PS3D
Birddog said:

Noticed the Petal Patch in Midtown Shopping Center in Bryan is closed. New sign's on other business but no sign at all for Petal Patch. Internet search says temporarily closed. They were my go-to florist. Great people to do business with.
Storefront closed due to family issues.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fphoto%2F%3Ffbid%3D847223000032370%26set%3Da.767829267971744&show_text=true&width=500
dallasiteinsa02
BiochemAg97 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

HEB submitted their Tower Point expansion plans to TDLR. It will be around a 7,000 sq ft expansion. Work is set to begin over the summer and be completed in November 2024. The estimated cost of the expansion and remodel is $25.3 million. That dollar amount really surprised me.

Wow. I assume the expansion is 7000 sqft of new space and then the cost to remodel all the vacated space currently there. With that price, I assume the remodel would include replacing all the freezer and refrigeration space and other appliances.

The just replaced all the cold space in the Tejas Center store.

and the entire facility will go up on the tax roles from $4 million to $4.5.
FlyRod
Bear X/The Cove just closed to the public. Now open only to apartment members there. About the worst decision financially, locally, I've witnessed.
MS08
AG
I know it's been and is still a for sale listing on LoopNet. This decision could be related to that. Dunno.
AggieCVQ
WTF we were excited to go this summer.
KidDoc
AG
Anyone have inside info on when Shogun is opening?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie_95
AG
KidDoc said:

Somewhat inside info... (my buddy is a tenant in same building)....

Sounds like they want to make the dining area larger than originally planned, so they are expanding on back of the building. Said it sounds like late summer at this point.
DimeBox17
AG
FlyRod said:

Bear X/The Cove just closed to the public. Now open only to apartment members there. About the worst decision financially, locally, I've witnessed.

Almost as bad as them promising residents that it was going to open well before it actually did.
lawless89
FlyRod said:

You can still buy a membership to go according to the KBTX article. From reading some of the Facebook comments, it's looks like the place was starting to get out of hand and overpopulated. One post said, "lots of fighting and puking." So I think it makes sense to cut down and keep it an attractive place to go.
FlyRod
Well I went to their website and it's locked….just a notice about being closed to the public. I don't think they are taking new memberships. but indicate they might at some point. I loved that place during Covid!
PS3D
There definitely is a market for a real waterpark in College Station-Bryan. Didn't BearX get a lot of out of town visitors?
FlyRod
Quote:

There definitely is a market for a real waterpark in College Station-Bryan. Didn't BearX get a lot of out of town visitors?

Yes. I'm guessing the owner saw that ultimately as a bad rather than good thing. I won't speculate why, but the FB comments a previous poster referred to suggest multiple possible reasons.
FlyRod
Quote:

I didn't see this influx of new Japanese places coming. Hope BCS can sustain them.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
What happened to SoFly? It sold by itself or Burger MOJO sold w it? Love MOJO hoping no changes there.
979ag
AG

This feels like a terrible location for this kind of thing.
KidDoc
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

What happened to SoFly? It sold by itself or Burger MOJO sold w it? Love MOJO hoping no changes there.
The owner's said someone else bought it but it has a lease sign is out in front of it now.

Burger mojo was not sold and apparently you can get SoFly items at mojo now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BlueMiles
AG
Those trees should help make it look better.
AgProgrammer
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

HEB submitted their Tower Point expansion plans to TDLR. It will be around a 7,000 sq ft expansion. Work is set to begin over the summer and be completed in November 2024. The estimated cost of the expansion and remodel is $25.3 million. That dollar amount really surprised me.
7,000 sq ft sure doesn't seem like much of an addition considering the current store is 87,000+ sq ft. The Jones Crossing location is 107,000+ sq ft.
Expert Analysis
AG
AgProgrammer said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

7,000 sq ft sure doesn't seem like much of an addition considering the current store is 87,000+ sq ft. The Jones Crossing location is 107,000+ sq ft.

Is the expansion new space then on top of that remodeling the other businesses. There is a gap between those store fronts and the HEB. That gap is about 7k sqft. Other store front area is around 15k sqft.
Costa and Andreas
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Thanks for the interest! There are no intentions to change the status of Burger Mojo (both locations). At some juncture we may elect to expand/scale out of BCS with it as it is doing quite well. We would like to spend more time galvanizing the brand before doing so though.

We will offer the two top chicken sandwich sellers from SoFly on the next Mojo menu iteration, which we finalized about 48 hours ago. I suspect we will launch in May.

Beginning next week, we will offer the Big Bad Mutha Clucka from Sofly, but it will be secret menu until the latest full menu iteration is expedited.

phillytex24
979ag said:

It's on the Aggie bus route & Brazos Transit route, on Holleman Drive near student dominated living, and on the Hwy 6 turn-around coming from SoCo. That place will be packed! Not to mention, during Wolf Pen Creek events. It's going to be awesome!!!!!!
maroon barchetta
phillytex24 said:

979ag said:

It's on the Aggie bus route & Brazos Transit route, on Holleman Drive near student dominated living, and on the Hwy 6 turn-around coming from SoCo. That place will be packed! Not to mention, during Wolf Pen Creek events. It's going to be awesome!!!!!!

Brazos Transit riders are to not the customer base for this food mall.

Holleman east of Texas has student living. Correct. However, none of the retail businesses in that lofts development at Holleman and Dartmouth have survived.

The mall is a dump. Few students go there.

This food mall idea is in a bad location.

Live music venue, maybe. Food mall? Not so much

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.