BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,626 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
snaglepuss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have not heard anymore about Bojangles coming to Bryan, anybody know anything?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

MS08 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

MS08 said:

Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

$3.7 million (common number these days) Union Oak Food Market renovation going in at Dartmouth - Holleman.

Where The Lofts is? If so, good luck. The retail/commercial component there has been a massive failure from the get-go.
The address on TDLR is listed as 810 Holleman Drive East. This is the image of from the Loop Net site. It isn't at Dartmouth and Holleman.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/810-Holleman-Dr-E-College-Station-TX/24913984/
That's the old Sears place right behind the mall. It's been vacant for a few years.
Yes, very familiar with the location. Seen construction trades trickle in and around there. Very much a no man's land location. Warehouse/Industrial use, sure, a store that requires day-in and day-out shopping seems bold and aggressive for this location. A risk I would not take, but best wishes to the developer and development!
The owner listed on TDLR has a couple of projects in Waco, one of which is Union Hall, a food hall (https://unionhallwaco.com/). They are using Union in the name here, so perhaps Food Market is actually going to be something similar to Union Hall rather than a store

Looks like I ended up being right

Per KBTX

The owners of Union Hall in Waco are renovating the space. The food hall will have a diverse range of over 20 eateries and dining spaces.

An opening date for the food hall has not been announced yet.

https://www.kbtx.com/2023/03/10/food-hall-coming-soon-college-station/?fbclid=IwAR3CtVJ5C-GUm0mfzxxdCYxjqEkcW-2***UqBjnbSJGuCRWqdUv_R7Cxxhw#lf1w1il4xjidx4fxoeo
BiochemAg97
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

MS08 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

MS08 said:

$3.7 million (common number these days) Union Oak Food Market renovation going in at Dartmouth - Holleman.

Where The Lofts is? If so, good luck. The retail/commercial component there has been a massive failure from the get-go.
The address on TDLR is listed as 810 Holleman Drive East. This is the image of from the Loop Net site. It isn't at Dartmouth and Holleman.

That's the old Sears place right behind the mall. It's been vacant for a few years.
Yes, very familiar with the location. Seen construction trades trickle in and around there. Very much a no man's land location. Warehouse/Industrial use, sure, a store that requires day-in and day-out shopping seems bold and aggressive for this location. A risk I would not take, but best wishes to the developer and development!
The owner listed on TDLR has a couple of projects in Waco, one of which is Union Hall, a food hall (https://unionhallwaco.com/). They are using Union in the name here, so perhaps Food Market is actually going to be something similar to Union Hall rather than a store

Per KBTX

The owners of Union Hall in Waco are renovating the space. The food hall will have a diverse range of over 20 eateries and dining spaces.

https://www.kbtx.com/2023/03/10/food-hall-coming-soon-college-station/?fbclid=IwAR3CtVJ5C-GUm0mfzxxdCYxjqEkcW-2***UqBjnbSJGuCRWqdUv_R7Cxxhw#lf1w1il4xjidx4fxoeo

An upscale version of a food court without a mall around it?
Costa and Andreas
BiochemAg97 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

MS08 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

MS08 said:

Per KBTX

An upscale version of a food court without a mall around it?
Yes, like this
legacyfoodhall.com
tvoiles
Went to the one near Tower Point. Lighter fare, several versions of Avacado toast for example. I don't drink coffee so I can't comment but everyone there seemed satisfied. Price point was mid, not cheap but not crazy
Captn_Ag05
AG
Food halls are pretty popular and can be great if done right. I hope that there is some additional development (housing, retail, entertainment) around there though.
Captn_Ag05
AG
https://blog.cstx.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/3-George-Bush-Foundation.pdf

Starting on page 5 are Additional images of the plans for the Bush Museum expansion that is currently under construction and will house the Bush 4141 train, Marine One, and a restaurant. The museum also applied to get one of the old Air Force ones but I am not sure what the status of that is. This will be a great addition to the museum complex and the community.
BiochemAg97
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Food halls are pretty popular and can be great if done right. I hope that there is some additional development (housing, retail, entertainment) around there though.

Seems like a cool idea for a group when everyone can't agree on what type of food to eat. Could do well in a college town if they get the price point right.
BiochemAg97
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Starting on page 5 are Additional images of the plans for the Bush Museum expansion that is currently under construction and will house the Bush 4141 train, Marine One, and a restaurant. The museum also applied to get one of the old Air Force ones but I am not sure what the status of that is. This will be a great addition to the museum complex and the community.

Not sure that image of people eating is a restaurant. Seems more like using the open space for catering a dinner for donors or something.

Looks like a nice space.
Captn_Ag05
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Not sure that image of people eating is a restaurant. Seems more like using the open space for catering a dinner for donors or something.

Looks like a nice space.
You are right. But, in a separate part of the space there will be a restaurant.
trouble
AG
There's one like this in (I think) Birmingham. My kids used to go to it occasionally when they lived in MS and really enjoyed it
BiochemAg97
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

BiochemAg97 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Looks like a nice space.
You are right. But, in a separate part of the space there will be a restaurant.

That does make sense. Might need at least some kitchen facilities for catering the dinner.
PS3D
Looks like CSISD is building some barns for ag students at the high schools near Capstone and S Dowling.
MadDog73
AG
PS3D said:

Looks like CSISD is building some barns for ag students at the high schools near Capstone and S Dowling.

Bus barn I think.
UmustBKidding
The bond to build an ag barn facility passed last round, but doubtful they will build a second bis facility
bcstx06
They are popping up all over the Houston. The one in downtown Houston called Post Houston is really nice. You should go check it out. https://www.posthtx.com/eat
lawless89
Dirt moving at the corner of bird pond and 30. I'm sure just another warehouse of some sort. My wife and I call that area the warehouse district.
AggiePhil
AG
What's with all the pipe and new warehouse looking building on Lincoln near Tarrow?
maroon barchetta
It is interesting. Not sure what that is.
ratfacemcdougal
If it is on the south side...it is a residence and garage
Captn_Ag05
AG
MadDog73 said:

PS3D said:

Bus barn I think.
Project description from TDLR:

Quote:

New two high school ag barn for the district of college station
war hymn aggie
AG
anyone know what's happening along the right side of Lincoln Drive as you drive East from Texas Ave?

Lots of pipes being brought in & a very large maroon & white barn looking building being completed right off of Ashburn Ave.

New housing development perhaps?
AggiePhil
AG
I just asked that a few posts up.
ratfacemcdougal
A&M prof house, garage, lab
phillytex24
BiochemAg97 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Seems like a cool idea for a group when everyone can't agree on what type of food to eat. Could do well in a college town if they get the price point right.

You must be older. College kids don't care about price point these days. They live in luxury apartments!!
maroon barchetta
You don't want to park your Mercedes, Volvo, Audi, Lexus, Tesla, or tricked out Jeep in Lot 100 or at some ratty rent house!
BiochemAg97
AG
phillytex24 said:

BiochemAg97 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

You must be older. College kids don't care about price point these days. They live in luxury apartments!!

Majority yes, but talking to my daughter, there are one or two of her buddies that are a little more price conscious than the others.
Captn_Ag05
AG
a 9,000 square foot Waves convenience store and gas station going in at the southwest corner of University and Copperfield Parkway.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Congressman McCaul opened his flagship office in College Station, in the offices at Century Square.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The Poche's Seafood that was discussed on here before is going in at 3004 Holleman Drive (corner of Holleman and Harvey Mitchell). Building image below.

althormoon
Might have missed the post but So Fly chicken is closed. Apparently someone bought the building. They weren't open very long.
PS3D
althormoon said:

Might have missed the post but So Fly chicken is closed. Apparently someone bought the building. They weren't open very long.

Yeah; A&C said it was an offer they couldn't refuse.
toolshed
AG
With the rebuild at Harvey and the feeder, that's four new gas stations/ convenience stores between Harvey, University, 6 and Copperfield.
Rex Racer
AG
althormoon said:

So Fly is available at Burger Mojo now.
Tailgate88
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

The Poche's Seafood that was discussed on here before is going in at 3004 Holleman Drive (corner of Holleman and Harvey Mitchell). Building image below.

This is the new one Tom from Napa and his partners are doing? And is it going to be a market as well as restaurant? Pretty excited about this place.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.