BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,537 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agman845 said:

Does anyone know what are the business coming to the shopping centers across Tower Point HEB? By the new Shogun and next to the car wash place?
Someone posted on here a while back that Chef Cao was moving to that building - and maybe they financed the building and are renting out the other spaces. Them vacating their current space will clear the way for HEB to expand across the front of the building. (The haircut place closed, liquor store moved around the corner and Anytime Fitness moved across Highway 6).
BiochemAg97
AG
TyHolden said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

Smoothie place like the one that just opened on University, and I believe Chef Cao's is relocating there since they're the last business that hasn't moved out of HEB.
What is the plan for that HEB?
Make it bigger
agman845
Thanks!
trouble
AG
TWSS
techno-ag
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

TyHolden said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

Smoothie place like the one that just opened on University, and I believe Chef Cao's is relocating there since they're the last business that hasn't moved out of HEB.
Make it bigger
And it's about time. Retail has traditionally underestimated our market.
ratfacemcdougal
rptsAg03 said:

I saw our Tuesday Morning is on the "slated to close" list
boo
Captn_Ag05
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

Tropical Smoothie Cafe and Wonderland Indoor Playground are two of the businesses going in that center.
BiochemAg97
AG
techno-ag said:

BiochemAg97 said:

TyHolden said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

Make it bigger
And it's about time. Retail has traditionally underestimated our market.

It is pretty standard practice at HEB. Put in an HEB with a plan to expand the store later as needed. How quickly then becomes a question of sales volume.

This is especially the case in areas where residential construction is ongoing and the number of customers is growing.
MS08
AG
Is Tower Point HEB really expanding? Or was that a desirous plea for their expansion but it's not actually happening?
Charpie
AG
When I was there yesterday, one of the managers said it would be expanding
maroon barchetta
Is there going to be a pizza place and cell phone repair mart like at Jones Crossing or more space for curbside order storage or were they not specific?

Welcome, btw.
trouble
AG
She's one of us now. I finally convinced her to move to the promised land.
maroon barchetta
I want to make a joke about her being a mod but will hold off.
trouble
AG
She only mods the GB
Charpie
AG
trouble said:

She only mods the GB
PS3D
maroon barchetta said:

Is there going to be a pizza place and cell phone repair mart like at Jones Crossing or more space for curbside order storage or were they not specific?

Welcome, btw.

Cell phone repair space used to be a second location of Sweet Horse bubble tea. I never saw any customers there.
treyyates
AG
AG81 said:

dilliam said:

AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

The College Station mayor has mentioned some major redevelopment on A&M property behind Century Square a couple of times recently. Any idea what that is referring to? Hensel Park?
free parking

Can't be free parking. Century Square is fundamentally opposed to free parking......which is why I don't go.
This is a hilarious hill to die on.

Taking my business to places that don't charge for parking, which is everywhere else in B/CS is "dying on a hill". That doesn't mean what you think it means. You want to give Midway your money, your choice. I am making a different choice.

The reality is that if they didn't charge for parking then it would be over ran by students parking there and then walking to campus.
Bones2012
AG
Anybody know what is being built on Harvey east of the bypass in between the sodalis retirement home and copperfield? The GC is JA Cody.
AggieAces06
AG
Charpie said:

When I went last week the manager were walking around discussing the new location of certain aisles and produce. I figured they were starting to plan out the new floor layout.
toolshed
AG
AggieAces06 said:

Charpie said:

When I went last week the manager were walking around discussing the new location of certain aisles and produce. I figured they were starting to plan out the new floor layout.

They've completely flipped the layout of the aisles at Tejas/ Villa Maria. It irritates me the last time this happened, now they go and do it again.
Captn_Ag05
AG
btonto said:

Went to the soft opening of Nick the Greek's for lunch today. Outstanding. First of all, it's not Mexican, chicken or BBQ, it's something different. Not that there's anything wrong with those, it's just nice to have a choice. We both got beef/lamb gyros and then got fries & salad to split. Huge portions, good variety on the menu and very nice people. And don't forget dessert when you go. Had the Greek yogurt with baklava and honey which was a perfect finish. Can't wait to go back. OPA!!

Went yesterday. It was excellent. It was packed and the inside is small, so I would suggest ordering online and picking up until the crowds die down.
FlyRod
OMG do I love Nick the Greek! That place is going to make me fat!

Captn_Ag05 we were probably there at the same time. I ordered online as well and place was mobbed!
maroon barchetta
Just finished dinner from Nick The Greek. Chicken Gyro and Greek fries.

Gyro was good. Maybe too much onion for me.

Fries were good but were soggy. Maybe I need to try straight fries and not Greek fries.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Can they do the gyro without onion??
maroon barchetta
They will next time.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I was asking for myself!!!
A Net Full of Jello
AG
toolshed said:

AggieAces06 said:

Charpie said:

They've completely flipped the layout of the aisles at Tejas/ Villa Maria. It irritates me the last time this happened, now they go and do it again.

They moved around stuff at Jones Crossing the week leading up to Thanksgiving. Because everyone loves it when they realize they forgot one item for a major family meal and plan to quickly run into the store to grab it only to have to walk every aisle to figure out where stuff was moved to.
AG81
AG
treyyates said:

AG81 said:

dilliam said:

AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

The College Station mayor has mentioned some major redevelopment on A&M property behind Century Square a couple of times recently. Any idea what that is referring to? Hensel Park?
free parking

Can't be free parking. Century Square is fundamentally opposed to free parking......which is why I don't go.

Taking my business to places that don't charge for parking, which is everywhere else in B/CS is "dying on a hill". That doesn't mean what you think it means. You want to give Midway your money, your choice. I am making a different choice.

The reality is that if they didn't charge for parking then it would be over ran by students parking there and then walking to campus.

Why is that the only retail parking lot adjoining campus where paid parking is the solution? Every other retail surface lot doesn't, including the massive surface lot next to it, which is even closer to campus.
Captn_Ag05
AG
FlyRod said:

OMG do I love Nick the Greek! That place is going to make me fat!

Captn_Ag05 we were probably there at the same time. I ordered online as well and place was mobbed!

I'm already fat, so safe there
toolshed
AG
You mean the massive lot known to have spotters and tow trucks that have you hooked up before you get across University headed to class?

Yeah, they have their own way of preventing parking by non customers.
maroon barchetta
Except when they tow the wrong people.
BiochemAg97
AG
AG81 said:

treyyates said:

AG81 said:

dilliam said:

AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

free parking

Why is that the only retail parking lot adjoining campus where paid parking is the solution? Every other retail surface lot doesn't, including the massive surface lot next to it, which is even closer to campus.

I guess the other solution is overly aggressive towing policies.
phillytex24
Nick the Greek was fantastic. I'll ask for the tzatziki on the side next time though. It was a little too much on the gyro but I just tried eating around it. I love the fries, very fresh!
AG81
AG
phillytex24 said:

Nick the Greek was fantastic. I'll ask for the tzatziki on the side next time though. It was a little too much on the gyro but I just tried eating around it. I love the fries, very fresh!

Agreed. And the Greek fries were delicious, not greasy at all as a previous poster experienced.
AggiePhil
AG
Tried Nick the Greek today. Thought it was just OK. Not markedly better than Zands or Shiraz.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.