BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

637,295 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Tailgate88
phillytex24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fritella is back open!! It's better than ever. I was so surprised. Their Eggplant Parmigiana is the best in the area. Don't sleep on this place.
Ag2Max
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is that the place in the old Taco Bell on Texas Ave in Bryan? Are there new owners or did the original owners reopen? I loved that place as I'll need to hit it up next time I'm back in Aggieland.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wonderland Indoor Playground (1255 Arrington in CS) has their soft opening July 1 and 2.

Aquatots Swim School (3153 Wildflower in Bryan) opened last week.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes.

There's a local business group that is leasing the entire business (building, equipment, recipes) from the original owners. The old kitchen staff is all there!
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Site plans for Schulman Movie Bowl Grill at Midtown

https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2023%20SDRC/06-20-2023/SP23-50,%20MBG%20Midtown%20Park,%2006-20-23.pdf
When is the estimated start and completion date?
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The Schulman's Movie Bowl Grille family is excited to announce our newest project SMBG Bryan in Travis Midtown Park in Bryan, Texas!

With opening planned September 2024, this will be MBG's largest facility yet. Featuring the movies, bowling, arcade, restaurant & bar you've come to know and love from MBG, as well as some exciting new additions!

SMBG Bryan will also include a second level for 21+ with bowling, dining, Only Sons Brewery, and a balcony overlooking the beautiful lake in Midtown Park.

Another new addition is The Grove, featuring an outdoor amphitheater for live music and outdoor movies, yard games such as giant Jenga, cornhole, shuffleboard, lawn darts, and more, plus indoor and outdoor Pickleball courts!

https://sherman.moviebowlgrille.com/future-locations
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG81 said:

The phone repair place in the Jones Crossing HEB has disappeared.

I thought it was doing a better business than the bubble tea place, which was a HUGE failure from what I could tell.

Also "Los Plebes Restaurant" is going at the former C&J BBQ there at "the bend".
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
PS3D said:

AG81 said:

The phone repair place in the Jones Crossing HEB has disappeared.

I thought it was doing a better business than the bubble tea place, which was a HUGE failure from what I could tell.

Also "Los Plebes Restaurant" is going at the former C&J BBQ there at "the bend".


That name is cracking me up
crbongos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm so excited about the Shulman Movie Bowl and Grill! Midtown with Big Shots, boardwalk, Legends Event Center and now Shulman is going to be the place to be!!! This town is growing up!!!
CRBongo
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
crbongos said:

I'm so excited about the Shulman Movie Bowl and Grill! Midtown with Big Shots, boardwalk, Legends Event Center and now Shulman is going to be the place to be!!! This town is growing up!!!
Bryan is really bringing them in. Kudos to that city council for buying the county club golf course and turning the old municipal one into something great.
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed. Having been here for it all - I would love to see the real balance sheet on the city with Muni-Briarcrest/Traditions/Miramont considering all that happened in the late 90s on. I'm sure they are different- and represent different investments and returns through now and the future. They all probably worked out in the end…..definitely not for this thread as a hijack. Would be interesting since all 3 in Bryan.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds great. My only question is: Why outdoor concerts? It's too darn hot for that. It's why I never go to the Woodlands to see a concert.
BCSWguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rex Racer said:

Sounds great. My only question is: Why outdoor concerts? It's too darn hot for that. It's why I never go to the Woodlands to see a concert.
summer time isnt exactly concert season in BCS. think it will do fine in the spring/fall.
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BCSWguru said:

Rex Racer said:

Sounds great. My only question is: Why outdoor concerts? It's too darn hot for that. It's why I never go to the Woodlands to see a concert.
summer time isnt exactly concert season in BCS. think it will do fine in the spring/fall.

Maybe so. It's still very hot here quite a bit of the time during Spring/Fall. But sure, we have a few nice days.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rex Racer said:

BCSWguru said:

Rex Racer said:

Sounds great. My only question is: Why outdoor concerts? It's too darn hot for that. It's why I never go to the Woodlands to see a concert.
summer time isnt exactly concert season in BCS. think it will do fine in the spring/fall.

Maybe so. It's still very hot here quite a bit of the time during Spring/Fall. But sure, we have a few nice days.
Wolf Pen Creek concerts do well.
australopithecus robustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Woodlands concerts seem to be fine as well lol. Just need to be when it's dusk/dark.

This is not much of a live music town however. It's questionable if they'll be bankable. Of course when the two cities are backing up the concerts they don't really need to make $ anyway.
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
techno-ag said:

Rex Racer said:

BCSWguru said:

Rex Racer said:

Sounds great. My only question is: Why outdoor concerts? It's too darn hot for that. It's why I never go to the Woodlands to see a concert.
summer time isnt exactly concert season in BCS. think it will do fine in the spring/fall.

Maybe so. It's still very hot here quite a bit of the time during Spring/Fall. But sure, we have a few nice days.
Wolf Pen Creek concerts do well.
Oh, I know. But if they did them indoors, I would be there. As it is, I'm not.

This is a purely selfish thing.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It isn't like the movie theater and bowling alley is going to be pulling in headliners. It is more of a having music playing while playing pickleball, cornhole, having a drink, or walking along the boardwalk vibes.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rex Racer said:

BCSWguru said:

Rex Racer said:

Sounds great. My only question is: Why outdoor concerts? It's too darn hot for that. It's why I never go to the Woodlands to see a concert.
summer time isnt exactly concert season in BCS. think it will do fine in the spring/fall.

Maybe so. It's still very hot here quite a bit of the time during Spring/Fall. But sure, we have a few nice days.


This spring was fantastic temperatures.

The last few have been good. 2020 in the spring was some kind of blessing considering what was going on.

A few good days?
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Rex Racer said:

BCSWguru said:

Rex Racer said:

Sounds great. My only question is: Why outdoor concerts? It's too darn hot for that. It's why I never go to the Woodlands to see a concert.
summer time isnt exactly concert season in BCS. think it will do fine in the spring/fall.

Maybe so. It's still very hot here quite a bit of the time during Spring/Fall. But sure, we have a few nice days.


This spring was fantastic temperatures.

The last few have been good. 2020 in the spring was some kind of blessing considering what was going on.

A few good days?
"Few" is relative. Yes, we had a nice Spring. But there are a lot more days during Summer that are hot.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My mistake. I thought you were referring to Spring and maybe Fall, not summer.

Last summer was mild. This year so far is not conducive to outdoor concerts!
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
maroon barchetta said:

My mistake. I thought you were referring to Spring and maybe Fall, not summer.

Last summer was mild. This year so far is not conducive to outdoor concerts!
Last summer was mild?! You must be thinking about 2021. Last summer was hot and dry
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

maroon barchetta said:

My mistake. I thought you were referring to Spring and maybe Fall, not summer.

Last summer was mild. This year so far is not conducive to outdoor concerts!
Last summer was mild?! You must be thinking about 2021. Last summer was hot and dry
This. Last summer was awful
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last summer was miserable
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah. 2021 was the one I was thinking of.

I blame the Rona time warp on my faulty recollection.
ElephantRider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man if last year was mild I'm leaving and heading north.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EBrazosAg said:

I have heard good things about this new Thai restaurant….. did I miss anything here about it ? Assuming that's the old Blake's Steaks location.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/poruchD9giVeWsH87?g_st=ic
This place checks out. Great food.
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TyHolden said:

EBrazosAg said:

I have heard good things about this new Thai restaurant….. did I miss anything here about it ? Assuming that's the old Blake's Steaks location.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/poruchD9giVeWsH87?g_st=ic
This place checks out. Great food.
+1

Delicious and very authentic.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starbucks is building a new location on E. University, across from the entrance to Veteran's Park and next to the new TXB gas station.
lawless89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully that means we will get more restaurants on the east side of hwy 6 there!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
I think the hardest part is some of the land there closer to 6 is in the flood plain.

But they have a lot to develop and build on before that becomes an issue.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's plans for a shopping center in front of the senior apartments that are being built near Copperfield and University. It is currently being marketed, but I would imagine some restaurants will go in there.

It's called the Shops at Hudson Oaks

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/3339-3349-University-Drive-Bryan-TX/28049771/
ratfacemcdougal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who has leased the spot in Building A
Roxie146
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tailgate88 said:

TyHolden said:

EBrazosAg said:

I have heard good things about this new Thai restaurant….. did I miss anything here about it ? Assuming that's the old Blake's Steaks location.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/poruchD9giVeWsH87?g_st=ic
This place checks out. Great food.
+1

Delicious and very authentic.
Did a take out last night - we are wimps so it was not "hot" - but very good - flavorful - will go again.
Nice to see it was fairly busy with several people waiting for "to go".
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has it been mentioned what's going in west of the new car wash next to the west side Walmart on Villa Maria? Dirt work started on the pad between the car wash and Trufit.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.