BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,542 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

Good Gringos post, and now to feed the A board foodie thread, what establishment is serving your favorite green sauce? I love the green stuff but find it varies wildly.

I have not visited in a while but a favorite was at Taquerias Arandas. It really had/has a kick to it!
What kind of green sauce? Cream cheese based, avocado, tomatillo, or the jalapeno/garlic/oil/salt green sauce at many Mexican places? If it's the latter, the El Gallo brand at HEB is authentic and excellent:

My wife makes the jalapeno/garlic/oil kind all the time and it's by far the best type of green sauce.
Dustoff00
AG
Best Green Sauce is Coco Loco IMHO...
Tailgate88
AG
Dustoff00 said:

"Medium green" at La Familia Barron road.

Edit: La not Mi
maroon barchetta
Tailgate88 said:

Dustoff00 said:

"Medium green" at Mi Familia Barron road.

La Familia??
Dustoff00
AG
Mi Familia Coco Loco on Hwy 6 attached to the old hotel being turned into a boutique hotel, just before Rock Prairie.(The original from what I understand)
Coco Loco #2 Welch and SW Parkway (where we go pick up our green sauce due to location relative to house.)
Coco Loco in Bryan off of Texas past Villa Maria.(Have not been yet)

My understanding is they are all related. Food is good, but sauce is great. I go back because of the green sauce. Poblano fajitas are pretty good as well.
maroon barchetta
That's not at Barron.
TXAGBQ76
AG
There is More Familia (I think that is the name) attached to Exxon on Barron, a second location is on Welllborn called Yole's and a third much larger location down Texas in Bryan- all three owned by sisters. Great people, good food, etc.

These as I'm sure know are unrelated to the Coco Loco folks.
MsDoubleD81
AG
La Familia is attached to the gas station at Barron and 6. It's NOT an Exxon. Mi Familia is attached to the renovated hotel on 6 near Rock Prairie. Both receipts have CoCo Loco on them.

My preference is Mi Familia! Unless I'm not dressed and will do LaFamilia drive-thru!!
Jinx
SIAP

Spotted a sign up for a new housing development off Normand between Bachmann Park & the Hospital.
MiMi
S

SIAP

Spotted a sign up for a new housing development off Normand between Bachmann Park & the Hospital.
https://therealdeal.com/texas/houston/2023/01/19/carbon-companies-eyes-college-station-for-senior-living/
Captn_Ag05
AG
Carbon companies...what a great name.
Dustoff00
AG
maroon barchetta said:

That's not at Barron.
I have never been to the place on Barron. I was just clarifying where I go to get my green sauce.
BulldAg99
AG
Just browsed through the thread and didn't see an update on the tarts. Anyone heard the latest?
mason12
AG

maroon barchetta
I forgot there was a Dallis/Madden connection.
Jinx
They're 2 for 2 on names so far. "The Woodland Cottages" when we already have The Woodlands and The Cottages.
maroon barchetta
Meadow Creek

Creek Meadow

1 mile apart
Jinx
Landsburg and Lambsburg.
BulldAg99
AG
mason12 said:

Thank you!
Average Joe
AG
So, you can in fact get a treat from the burger mojo on Holleman now? If so, then I guess I'm making a trip over there to surprise the wife.
AggiePhil
AG
Yes. Not the University location though.
bcstx06
What is being built near the entrance of the Pleasant Hill Neighborhood at FM 2818 and Sandy Point? My guess would be a small shopping center or gas station shopping center. Sandy Point/Pleasant Hill Road sure has some beautiful land. It's Hilly and like a mini hill country. I never really noticed before. I guess Brazos County isn't as flat as the urban parts of BCS.
Costa and Andreas
AggiePhil said:

Yes. Not the University location though.

Not YET!

We should be up and running with tarts at Mojo University within a week to 10 days. Latest, the week after TAMU Family weekend/spring game.

The tarts are selling decently at Mojo Holleman for now. That's where they're being produced as it's a larger facility.
cslifer
It has been said before on here, can someone please start a thread for folks to discuss their obsession with strawberry tarts and keep this thread for its intended purpose?
-signed,
Everyone who really doesn't care about strawberry tarts
toolshed
AG
It's a discussion thread about comings and going. Tarts went, and are now coming back.

I don't get the angst against any for of discussion that strays from "this business is coming, that one died". It keeps the discussion going and less boring, but that's just my opinion.
techno-ag
AG
Castle Storage on North Hwy. 6, off the bypass near DPS, has a "Now Open" flag flying. Their front looks like a castle.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Can someone start a thread for those few who don't want to talk about strawberry tarts so they can wrench hair, wad panties and bleed all over each other!? Thanks!

Signed
All those who don't like whiners
chickencoupe16
AG
I am very excited about strawberry tarts COMING to a RESTAURANT in BCS during 2023 even happier that I was informed of this on the "BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)" thread. The only thing that could be more exciting and relevant would be if it was Eccel's bread pudding.
BulldAg99
AG
I bought the last six tarts last night, so we're doing our part! It's my wife's birthday week, so needless to say she was very excited. Btw they're still good as ever!!
Charpie
AG
Are these tarts seasonal or year round? Asking for a new BCS resident
TyHolden
AG
Is this it?

MiMi
S
Charpie said:

Are these tarts seasonal or year round? Asking for a new BCS resident
They'll be year-round if sales are (and remain) solid.
Average Joe
AG
I did my part and surprised the wife with one yesterday.

But, more importantly, which new restaurant is going to revive the Rosie? It was my favorite pasta dish in town.
Costa and Andreas
Average Joe said:

I did my part and surprised the wife with one yesterday.

But, more importantly, which new restaurant is going to revive the Rosie? It was my favorite pasta dish in town.

Out of respect for all parties, my email is costa@eccellgroup.com if anyone wants to go down the strawberry tart, Rosie pasta rabbit hole.

FYI We will still cater the cafe eccell menu, and it's not outlandish to consider a Rosie pasta burger as a feature at mojo!
PS3D
cslifer said:

It has been said before on here, can someone please start a thread for folks to discuss their obsession with strawberry tarts and keep this thread for its intended purpose?
-signed,
Everyone who really doesn't care about strawberry tarts

There is a new gas station coming across from the 7 Eleven on WJB.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.