BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

667,757 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Tailgate88
CEAg78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"1912" is the developer for the gas & convenience store across from Veterans Park on University.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CEAg78 said:

"1912" is the developer for the gas & convenience store across from Veterans Park on University.
Also developing a lot near the main post office on WJ Bryan. They're based out of Houston.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXB wants to put 5-6 locations in BCS according to the press release they put out when they broke ground on the first location.
A Net Full of Jello
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
phillytex24 said:

TyHolden said:

BwdAg said:

New signage at 2818 and F &B road for "1912". Any ideas?









I've just realized Nabisco, was an abbreviation for the National Biscuit Company!
Someone has never watched The Foods That Made America.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CEAg78 said:

"1912" is the developer for the gas & convenience store across from Veterans Park on University.
well that was a wasted day...
ratfacemcdougal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pizza Hut at 3800 Hwy 6 is closed.
mason12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

Pizza Hut at 3800 Hwy 6 is closed.


Maybe that's what is going into the SoFly building???
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
mason12 said:

ratfacemcdougal said:

Pizza Hut at 3800 Hwy 6 is closed.


Maybe that's what is going into the SoFly building???
They (somewhat) recently opened their store on Arrington
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Urban Bird Hot Chicken going in at Jones Crossing

https://www.urbanbirdhotchicken.com/
This will be going in where Zero Degrees used to be. I didn't realize Zero Degrees had even shut down.

Also, does anyone else feel like the parking lot at Jones Crossing is difficult to navigate? Especially if you come in off Wellborn at the light. There is no good way to work your way over to the shops and restaurants.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, unless I'm going to HEB, I come in the other side by CFA
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Glad I am not the only one. It is like they started creating a driving lane and then stopped it about half way through behind the gas pumps. Seems like such a poor design to me.
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Quote:

Also, does anyone else feel like the parking lot at Jones Crossing is difficult to navigate? Especially if you come in off Wellborn at the light. There is no good way to work your way over to the shops and restaurants.
Just avoid turning into Jones Crossing at the light at Balcones Dr. If heading north on Wellborn, go past the light and enter between the gas pumps at the retail strip (Waxwing Lane). If heading south on Wellborn, turn left onto 2818 and then right into Jones Crossing at the Chick Fil A (Boxwood Trail). It takes you directly to the retail centers. You'll then avoid a lot of the HEB shoppers.
chickencoupe16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Also, does anyone else feel like the parking lot at Jones Crossing is difficult to navigate? Especially if you come in off Wellborn at the light. There is no good way to work your way over to the shops and restaurants.
Just avoid turning into Jones Crossing at the light at Balcones Dr. If heading north on Wellborn, go past the light and enter between the gas pumps at the retail strip (Waxwing Lane). If heading south on Wellborn, turn left onto 2818 and then right into Jones Crossing at the Chick Fil A (Boxwood Trail). It takes you directly to the retail centers. You'll then avoid a lot of the HEB shoppers.
And if headed east on 2818, stay on 2818 past Wellborn and turn in by the pond.

Edit: Leaving and heading south on Wellborn is annoying.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chickencoupe16 said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

Also, does anyone else feel like the parking lot at Jones Crossing is difficult to navigate? Especially if you come in off Wellborn at the light. There is no good way to work your way over to the shops and restaurants.
Just avoid turning into Jones Crossing at the light at Balcones Dr. If heading north on Wellborn, go past the light and enter between the gas pumps at the retail strip (Waxwing Lane). If heading south on Wellborn, turn left onto 2818 and then right into Jones Crossing at the Chick Fil A (Boxwood Trail). It takes you directly to the retail centers. You'll then avoid a lot of the HEB shoppers.
And if headed east on 2818, stay on 2818 past Wellborn and turn in by the pond.

Edit: Leaving and heading south on Wellborn is annoying.


This. For God's sake this.

Stop taking the flyover from 2818 to Wellborn south just so you can IMMEDIATELY go all the way to the left three lanes over so you can turn left onto Balcones.

Just go over Wellborn and turn right by the pond.
chickencoupe16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

chickencoupe16 said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

Also, does anyone else feel like the parking lot at Jones Crossing is difficult to navigate? Especially if you come in off Wellborn at the light. There is no good way to work your way over to the shops and restaurants.
Just avoid turning into Jones Crossing at the light at Balcones Dr. If heading north on Wellborn, go past the light and enter between the gas pumps at the retail strip (Waxwing Lane). If heading south on Wellborn, turn left onto 2818 and then right into Jones Crossing at the Chick Fil A (Boxwood Trail). It takes you directly to the retail centers. You'll then avoid a lot of the HEB shoppers.
And if headed east on 2818, stay on 2818 past Wellborn and turn in by the pond.

Edit: Leaving and heading south on Wellborn is annoying.


This. For God's sake this.

Stop taking the flyover from 2818 to Wellborn south just so you can IMMEDIATELY go all the way to the left three lanes over so you can turn left onto Balcones.

Just go over Wellborn and turn right by the pond.
How this problem wasn't foreseen, I don't know. At the risk of inducing another median in this town, they really should put up a barrier to prevent this.
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can think of several places in town where folks do (or attempt) this. I think the traffic planning folks just don't care. Maybe solved with more medians? ;-)
phillytex24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hornbeck said:

I can think of several places in town where folks do (or attempt) this. I think the traffic planning folks just don't care. Maybe solved with more medians? ;-)


Remember how they gave us speed bumps galore then red-light traffic cameras? Total insanity!
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kinda derailed the subject didn't we?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Wvpd0707
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brazos county commissioners approved a contract for $1.8 million with St.Joseph to purchase 11 acres of land next to the hospital in Bryan for the new medical examiners office. Great news for the area. The area that was originally targeted next to the Health Science Center was not suitable due to deep ravines.
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that makes sense. I wondered when the location change happened. Didn't that land potentially sell before on 29th and then resistance to multifamily killed the deal ? It would seem the proposed use would be pretty low intensity. St Joe has wanted to sell that land for over a decade.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wasn't there a plan to put it near Stotzer and 2818 out near NCTM at one point?
Marooned_n_Aggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Captn_Ag05 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Urban Bird Hot Chicken going in at Jones Crossing

https://www.urbanbirdhotchicken.com/
This will be going in where Zero Degrees used to be. I didn't realize Zero Degrees had even shut down.

Also, does anyone else feel like the parking lot at Jones Crossing is difficult to navigate? Especially if you come in off Wellborn at the light. There is no good way to work your way over to the shops and restaurants.
I would like to see someone do a study showing how many businesses came in to the newer large retail centers and did not make it.

We have Jones, Tower Pt, Caprock, that immediately come to mind.

Is the sqft cost similar between these 3 locations?
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sign up for Sushi Masa: Seafood and Japanese Fusion where the old Public and Main location.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a sign on the old C&J location on Texas. Looks like Mexican seafood but I keep forgetting to jot down the name.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it part of this small chain?

https://sushimasaus.com/

I'm going to guess yes based on this
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought some of this today so I can taste Gringo's when I go to sleep and when I wake up

Marooned_n_Aggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good Gringos post, and now to feed the A board foodie thread, what establishment is serving your favorite green sauce? I love the green stuff but find it varies wildly.

I have not visited in a while but a favorite was at Taquerias Arandas. It really had/has a kick to it!
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The best ever green sauce was Cafe Laredo in Lake Jackson.

RIP
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trouble said:

Is it part of this small chain?

https://sushimasaus.com/

I'm going to guess yes based on this




Appears to be. Menu doesn't look half bad actually. I might skip the "all you can eat sushi" (which sounds sketchy as heck) and stick to the basic hot dishes.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
TyHolden said:

I bought some of this today so I can taste Gringo's when I go to sleep and when I wake up




What's your parking and wait situation looking like?
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

Good Gringos post, and now to feed the A board foodie thread, what establishment is serving your favorite green sauce? I love the green stuff but find it varies wildly.

I have not visited in a while but a favorite was at Taquerias Arandas. It really had/has a kick to it!
What kind of green sauce? Cream cheese based, avocado, tomatillo, or the jalapeno/garlic/oil/salt green sauce at many Mexican places? If it's the latter, the El Gallo brand at HEB is authentic and excellent:

techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Take it to Food and Spirits. Let's keep this thread for comings and goings.
snaglepuss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
techno-ag said:

Take it to Food and Spirits. Let's keep this thread for comings and goings.
I'll bet that salza will keep you coming and going...
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
techno-ag said:

Take it to Food and Spirits. Let's keep this thread for comings and goings.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When is the new Italian place next to Solt opening? Looks almost ready.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.