BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,672 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Next to/nearby, yes.
rsan18
Are there any renderings available yet?
crbongos
AG
Yes Drury Inn behind Republic.
CRBongo
Captn_Ag05
AG
rsan18 said:

Are there any renderings available yet?
No renderings. The plans submitted to the city say that it will be a 7-story structure.
Captn_Ag05
AG
A potential new indoor tennis facility for A&M and the City of Bryan to share at Midtown Park is in discussion.

Quote:

The city of Bryan and Texas A&M are negotiating another major addition to Midtown Park.

Mayor Bobby Gutierrez says a shared indoor tennis facility, which was first brought up during the original design of the Legends Event Center, has the support the A&M system board of regents.

Gutierrez says in addition to providing Bryan residents another location to play tennis, this will give A&M the ability to host S-E-C and NCAA tournaments.

Gutierrez says negotiations include how operations and maintenance costs will be shared.
https://wtaw.com/city-of-bryan-and-texas-am-negotiating-to-build-a-shared-indoor-tennis-facility-at-midtown-park/
FlyRod
Sign up for Thai place, Siam Iyara, where Naqs used to be, next to Toasted Yolk.
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

A potential new indoor tennis facility for A&M and the City of Bryan to share at Midtown Park is in discussion.

Quote:

The city of Bryan and Texas A&M are negotiating another major addition to Midtown Park.

Mayor Bobby Gutierrez says a shared indoor tennis facility, which was first brought up during the original design of the Legends Event Center, has the support the A&M system board of regents.

Gutierrez says in addition to providing Bryan residents another location to play tennis, this will give A&M the ability to host S-E-C and NCAA tournaments.

Gutierrez says negotiations include how operations and maintenance costs will be shared.
https://wtaw.com/city-of-bryan-and-texas-am-negotiating-to-build-a-shared-indoor-tennis-facility-at-midtown-park/
That's awesome. Aggie golf and tennis played in Bryan.
Tailgate88
AG
Per a post on the BCS Meals and Deals Facebook page..... Fritella is re-opening this summer!!
trouble
AG
Per their own page as well!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid03LM56foRU31vxHLH5ZvzWKcBVfTTxX8Lepm1ccu6pMift9BSr1K8WQYBRzj7EASpl&id=100063291344640&mibextid=Nif5oz
MiMi
S
Wonderland (Indoor Playground) has put up temporary signage at the retail center at Towerpoint, between Chef Cao's and Tropical Smoothie Cafe.

Tropical Smoothie Cafe is scheduled to open May 23..
FlyRod
Exciting news about Fritella!
BiochemAg97
AG
techno-ag said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Quote:

While College Station gets E-sports.
maroon barchetta
BiochemAg97 said:

techno-ag said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Quote:

While College Station gets E-sports.

Tens of fans will attend all of the aforementioned sports.
Average Joe
AG
Wasn't Aggie tennis in Bryan for years at the school behind Austin's Colony?
trouble
AG
Casa Mangiare opens tomorrow.
TyHolden
AG
trouble said:

On Cinco de Mayo....they better have a margarita machine outside.
trouble
AG
I thought the same thing
lockett93
AG
The 3 indoor courts at Bryan Tennis Center at Austin's Colony are still used by Texas A&M when it's raining. But the building could use some work. It leaks if raining hard…
maroon barchetta
Isn't it an Italian restaurant?
trouble
AG
Yes. I don't know why they chose May 5th
maroon barchetta
Then they need a Bellini machine.
MiMi
S
trouble said:

Anyone go to the soft opening? I can't find any internet/social media presence for this restaurant. Have you seen a menu?
Prophet00
AG
This username is *chef's kiss*
trouble
AG
I have not. I've seen a few pictures from the soft opening but that's it.
AggiePhil
AG
trouble said:

Am I the only one who hears "Casa Menagerie" when looking at this restaurant name?
maroon barchetta
The Anchor
AG
Honestly thought it was until you pointed it out! Ha
MiMi
S
AggiePhil said:

trouble said:

Am I the only one who hears "Casa Menagerie" when looking at this restaurant name?
I will always pronounce it as 'Casa Menagerie.'
AG81
AG
MiMi said:

trouble said:

Anyone go to the soft opening? I can't find any internet/social media presence for this restaurant. Have you seen a menu?

Had a good friend who did. Said it was a limited menu (very common), great ambiance, very good food. Said it was easily as good as 1860 Italia even with the limited menu with significantly lower volume from crowd noise. For perspective he said the place was packed. I'm going tomorrow.
MiMi
S
Casa Mangiare to bring the finest Italian eats and drinks to Aggieland

But no link to a website or menu in the story
Tailgate88
AG
AG81 said:

MiMi said:

trouble said:

Had a good friend who did. Said it was a limited menu (very common), great ambiance, very good food. Said it was easily as good as 1860 Italia even with the limited menu with significantly lower volume from crowd noise. For perspective he said the place was packed. I'm going tomorrow.

They will do well. Casa do Brasil quality and NOT 1860 noise level is a winning combo.
FlyRod
Poked my head in Casa Mangiare. It looks nice, like The Republic and the old Veritas had a baby. Very nice looking bar, looks like they'll have an extensive wine list. Planning to go with friends next week.
AggiePhil
AG
Speaking of The Republic, we went last night for the first time in a long time. Beautiful inside but highly disappointed in the food and drinks. Will not be going back anytime soon.
Gigem314
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Per a post on the BCS Meals and Deals Facebook page..... Fritella is re-opening this summer!!
Fantastic news! I still hadn't gotten over them being gone. Glad they regrouped and are coming back!
crbongos
AG
AggiePhil said:

Speaking of The Republic, we went last night for the first time in a long time. Beautiful inside but highly disappointed in the food and drinks. Will not be going back anytime soon.

Good. Maybe I can now get a table when I go!!!! Outstanding experience all the way around I my book.

CRBongo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.