BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,999 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieCVQ said:

Put Mark Stoops in both the coming and going section.
He got here saw all the medians and so ah hell no
PS3D
BiochemAg97 said:

PS3D said:

Untrue. They were profitable, but HEB was willing to put up a good price to buy them out of Austin. Same thing with College Station, they sold the stores at a profit (except for the Bryan store)

What you are saying is the profits were so low (but not negative) that it was worth more to the company to sell the stores to HEB.

If it was anything like what Publix paid ($10,000,000 a store), it was a deal too good to pass up. And sometimes that happens. Are you going to tell people that So-Fly Chicken was "run out of town" because the owners found a better deal?
Captn_Ag05
AG
A Bricks and Minifigs is coming to the shopping center with TruFit and Harbor Freight at Texas and SW Parkway.

I was not familiar with this store, but they have around 150 locations nationwide.
Quote:

Bricks & Minifigs is your one-stop aftermarket LEGO toy shop! We are the largest toy store of our kind, specializing in only new and used LEGO items. We buy and trade all LEGO products, from bulk tubs to storage unit-sized collections. If it's the LEGO brand, we'll take it! Enjoy our selection of individual minifigs, bulk bricks, components and accessories. With the largest assortment of new, used and retired LEGO sets, we keep your collection growing!
https://bricksandminifigs.com/
trouble
AG
I talked to him at the downtown Halloween event. My boss are super excited about the store opening.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Mad Piez permanently closed today per Facebook.

That whole deal seems shady to me.
trouble
AG
I saw it on his Instagram but not on the Mad Piez Facebook. Very strange.
Dustoff00
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

Mad Piez permanently closed today per Facebook.
Huh????

Per Facebook says they Re-Open today at 4pm and will be open Thurs-Sun going forward...
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
Dustoff00
AG
Well this sucks...
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
maroon barchetta
Heat ups?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Heat ups?

Food/Meal Prep service that is local in BCS. It's in the same strip as Hollicks Boot Maker.

The meals are actually pretty decent and healthy.

https://www.heat-ups.com/
ChampsAg
Been to one in San Antonio and my kids loved it. Build your own minifigs. Lego sets old and new.
trouble
AG
Mr hamburger closing again.

https://www.facebook.com/100060918414215/posts/pfbid0ZJL1EqRRFVvRnAsHyScMUaxvziwj4Sw3gGSct4QmH9MddxyJ3cex6dUiLwpzgkJNl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

maroon barchetta
Man.

I got a chicken melt combo there on Saturday and it was excellent.

Location location location.

That spot is gonna be hard to have success as a burger restaurant.
toolshed
AG
And it's right in front of another burger spot. Which I realize came later, but it's a hard, middle of town location, away from your normal thinking spots for food when determining where to eat. We just never think of it.

It was good food, service was good most of the time.
trouble
AG
We've eaten there regularly since they reopened. That chicken melt is excellent. My boys are going to be sad.
trouble
AG
It's really super easy for us to get to do we usually think about it.

We also love Chubby's but again, easy for us to get to. Just Carter Creek to Broadmoor then cross Texas.
toolshed
AG
It's easy to get to, certainly. I just meant I don't think of that part of town when I'm thinking of places to eat, so it gets overlooked.
JMac03
AG
toolshed said:

It's easy to get to, certainly. I just meant I don't think of that part of town when I'm thinking of places to eat, so it gets overlooked.

Same. I rarely pass the threshold - university is where I usually stop. Not on purpose - just never think of anything past there.
trouble
AG
And I often don't think of anything past University from the other direction.
phillytex24
I didn't realize they were open! They should've never closed. That will destroy your business. I don't think they even advertised. 77k students just at A&M! Another 25k at Blinn and surrounding programs. That was all them. You can't rely on word of mouth these days.
Hornbeck
trouble said:

It's really super easy for us to get to do we usually think about it.

We also love Chubby's but again, easy for us to get to. Just Carter Creek to Broadmoor then cross Texas.

Too far from the bypass.
maroon barchetta
I heard their radio ads often.
AggiePhil
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I heard their radio ads often.

Therein lies the problem.
Look Out Below
AG
Same here. I wouldn't have even known it was there if not for the radio ads.
Dumbfounded
Marketing for small businesses is quite a challenge. What is the best way to advertise to the students? To the residents of BCS?
BiochemAg97
AG
Dumbfounded said:

Marketing for small businesses is quite a challenge. What is the best way to advertise to the students? To the residents of BCS?

Radio probably hits a decent segment, like the locals. But not sure how much it will hit the iTunes/Spotify generation.
Targeted online ads… probably cheap, but mostly ignored.
Battalion… does anyone actually read it?

I think what you really need to do is reach out through organizations on campus. Maybe reach out to a few corps outfits and other clubs to try to do a profit share. I think most profit shares are set up by the orgs reaching out to businesses that they already like but maybe you can flip that and raise some awareness.

Also TexAgs and social media.
TyHolden
AG
If you're not marketing on Texags, you're missing out on the billions of subscribers. Fargo's is literally ranked the best bbq in Texas because of OB and Texags.
maroon barchetta
TyHolden said:

If you're not marketing on Texags, you're missing out on the billions of subscribers. Fargo's is literally ranked the best bbq in Texas because of OB and Texags.

Gen X and older, sure.

Millennials and Zoomers, not so much. Especially Zoomers. None of the current students I know care anything about TexAgs.

They need to solve that.
Hornbeck
Fargo's used to be good. Key word, "used to be".
jja79
AG
It's not even in the conversation but Texags is a Fargos promoter.
EBrazosAg
AG
Uhhh. That's like 4 post before yours. Pretty sure everyone here knows that TexAgs pumps them as an advertiser….. as they should. It's Merica.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TyHolden
AG
maroon barchetta said:

TyHolden said:

Gen X and older, sure.

Millennials and Zoomers, not so much. Especially Zoomers. None of the current students I know care anything about TexAgs.

They need to solve that.

Texags fortnite skin?
maroon barchetta
FlyRod
La Carreta reopening in early January (according to Rusty Surette).
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
FlyRod said:

La Carreta reopening in early January (according to Rusty Surette).
It's on their Facebook page. Like Jan 5?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.