BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,556 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
A Net Full of Jello
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's a liar.
lockett93
AG
My understanding is at the design meeting they agreed to make it four Pickleball courts….
Look Out Below
AG
There is at least one behind Carney's
gigem92
AG
Anchor Bar closed its San Marcos location after just 1 year. Wonder if they still plan to open here.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/food/article/anchor-bar-san-marcos-18206264.php?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR093zikrnUNHpyj1fr1DTPxbvuCkpIzJ__mSEcdXf3Ezqbk3czopR5sBAM_aem_AX9WBdqzJOO06hW1_Jb2gjzbROYh82oGxt6qhnIfu1meRfIgzElbOMWzo6FbZUoD1y0
Captn_Ag05
AG
A little more info on the Aplin center that is being planned for Wellborn and Kimbrough - across from the TAMU Hotel.

Quote:

Texas A&M has selected key partners to advance toward a fall groundbreaking for the Aplin Center. Supported by a $50 million gift from former student Arch "Beaver" Aplin III, owner of Buc-ee's, the academic center will serve as an immersive learning laboratory for students.

Houston-based Hines has been selected as the development manager to facilitate the T3 project. T3 is Hines' new generation of heavy timber buildings focused on innovation, wellness and sustainability. Pickard Chilton and DLR Group, two premier architectural design firms known for their innovative ideas, will lead the design of the state-of-the-art facility. Design Workshop, a landscape architecture firm, will transform the surrounding eight acres at the corner of Wellborn Road and John Kimbrough Boulevard into an inviting green space. The university will break ground in the fall.

The Aplin Center will offer a transformational student experience through new university programs in hospitality, retail studies and food product development involving innovative degree programs including viticulture, fermentation processes, coffee and food science. Product development laboratories and food tasting areas will offer collaboration with industry and experiential learning opportunities for students.

The Aplin Center will include outdoor and indoor student recreational space, as well as retail and food service areas managed by students and faculty through the educational programs.

The project will host corporate training and recruiting programs, along with professional development opportunities. Workforce training based on industry needs will be a key component of the center. Texas A&M is already exploring potential collaboration with industry for internship opportunities as students advance through the programs offered at the Aplin Center.

https://today.tamu.edu/2023/06/12/development-manager-architects-selected-for-design-of-texas-am-aplin-center/
Captn_Ag05
AG
A Windsor store is coming to Post Oak Mall - https://www.windsorstore.com/
Captn_Ag05
AG
El Jefe is now Freaky Tiki Northgate.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
And what is a Freaky Tiki?
Captn_Ag05
AG
According to their social media:

Quote:

"FREAKY TIKI" is the most colorful inviting space on Northgate that boast the BEST frozen adult beverages in town not to mention a really cozy social vibe.

Appears to be a Dallis brothers project.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
TDLR shows a million dollar Interior Cosmetic Remodel coming to the College Station (aka CStat) Walmart. Planned to start in Feb 2024.

Good idea.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
New equipment rental place (Opifex) coming to SH21 between downtown and FM2818. $2mil improvement for Bryan.
TyHolden
AG
What is going on next to Stampede at Post Oak? They are ripping out that building. Looks like an old Sears maybe?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Anyone else see that new bank going in next to Gringos?
TyHolden
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Anyone else see that new bank going in next to Gringos?

EBrazosAg
AG
FB post today indicated that sometime in September is "until further notice " date.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
toolshed
AG
Hope the fox that lives there finds a new home! We saw it almost every visit for a while going to Gringos.
Captn_Ag05
AG
TyHolden said:

What is going on next to Stampede at Post Oak? They are ripping out that building. Looks like an old Sears maybe?

Murdoch's.
TyHolden
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

TyHolden said:

Murdoch's.

Thanks - Macy's is being taken up by The University right?
Jadetxag10
AG
Are there any new restaurants planning to move to the West Villa Maria/2818 area near the Walmart? I know there is a Dutch Brothers going in but there looks to be other areas that are staked out.
Studro8355
The university was looking to turn the old Macy's location into an E sports facility, I don't think it's a good move personally, because it would only cater to a couple of demographics versus a retail business that would cater to most if not all (Dicks Sporting Goods?). I really hope they reconsidered that location.
maroon barchetta
Studro8355 said:

The university was looking to turn the old Macy's location into an E sports facility, I don't think it's a good move personally, because it would only cater to a couple of demographics versus a retail business that would cater to most if not all (Dicks Sporting Goods?). I really hope they reconsidered that location.

True or false:

The university is good at reversing questionable decisions and admitting mistakes.
TyHolden
AG
Studro8355 said:

Or go with e-sports and get the Dude Perfect guys involved and turn it into some kind of tourist attraction

Sofi
AG
Coworker stated IHOP on University is closing down soon.
Has anyone heard of this?
TyHolden
AG
Sofi said:

perfect location for a waffle house...
AggieAces06
AG
Sofi said:

Probably to help make room for the redevelopment that is coming to that area.

Might have to go back with my husband before it closes. That's where we met.
AggiePhil
AG
Wokamole has permanently closed.
Charpie
AG
AggiePhil said:

Wokamole has permanently closed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
trouble
AG
Where are you seeing that? I know they had to go to China but they were planning to return.

The website still shows this message
AggiePhil
AG
trouble said:

Where are you seeing that? I know they had to go to China but they were planning to return.
Coworker who goes there regularly told me. Perhaps he misunderstood, but calls to them today have gone unanswered so I'm inclined to believe him.
techno-ag
AG
Man, summers are rough on restaurants around here. And I thought Covid was bad.
trouble
AG
See my edit. They are in China. When we talked to them, they were hoping it would be about a month.
AggiePhil
AG
trouble said:

The website still shows this message

Wishing their customers a happy life doesn't exactly instill confidence in their reopening.
trouble
AG
Have you talked to them? They wish me a happy life when they know they will see me in a week. It's a translation issue.
ratfacemcdougal
trouble said:

Have you talked to them? They wish me a happy life when they know they will see me in a week. It's a translation issue.
used to go to the donut shop on rock prairie near mc donalds...maybe once a month or so. lady always acted like i was her best friend and always said "ok see you tomorrow ok" when i was leaving.
war hymn aggie
AG
Sofi said:

Did you know that this IHOP is the oldest continually-operated restaurant in CS?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.