BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,716 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Picadillo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This place is ripe for a HEB Central Market
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Texags' posters appreciation of Fritella's cuisine is well documented
Picadillo said:

As much as I want one personally, doesn't seem like HEB would have any incentive to put one with the coverage they have. Unless they convert the tower point store.

Heb does their homework. It's probable the demos here don't support it.
Charpie
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

Picadillo said:

As much as I want one personally, doesn't seem like HEB would have any incentive to put one with the coverage they have. Unless they convert the tower point store.

Yup. Central Market only has two stores in Central Texas. Same can be said for Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.
Hornbeck
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Place was kinda meh and greasy when we went a couple years back. Have not returned. I don't get all the love for the place.
halibut sinclair
Hornbeck said:

SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Place was kinda meh and greasy when we went a couple years back. Have not returned. I don't get all the love for the place.

Try it again. New owners with the original recipes they have improved upon. Great service and bar area. Food and service is excellent.
JSAD
Apparently Eatology is shutting down. Got a Text, but nothing else can be found.
maroon barchetta
What is Eatology?
PS3D
maroon barchetta said:

What is Eatology?

Paleo diet meals, replaced Stover Boys on Wellborn
techno-ag
AG
maroon barchetta said:

What is Eatology?
Another failed dream.
Hornbeck
techno-ag said:

maroon barchetta said:

What is Eatology?
Another failed dream.

The greater CSB metro seems to be the place restaurants not named Dutch Bros go to die
PS3D
Hornbeck said:

techno-ag said:

maroon barchetta said:

What is Eatology?
Another failed dream.

The greater CSB metro seems to be the place restaurants not named Dutch Bros go to die

Some place that sells diet food that has to be reheated survived a lot longer than it had needed to. Better restaurants and lived and died in the same time frame Eatology was open.
techno-ag
AG
WTAW reporting Top Golf might buy Big Shots.
SalesAg13
AG
Top Golf bought all the Big Shots locations back in November I believe.

Edit with article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikmatuszewski/2023/11/02/topgolf-acquires-bigshots-golf-in-expanding-off-course-dominion/?sh=6dfc712635a3
bushytailed
AG
Since CoB owns the land, the council still has to approve transferring the extended lease to Top Golf. They're planning to discuss at their next meeting.
Fan
S
Charpie said:

australopithecus robustus said:

Picadillo said:

Yup. Central Market only has two stores in Central Texas. Same can be said for Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.
About the only good thing about those being missing from the Brazos County grocery stores is that I will save a lot of money when we move!
techno-ag
AG
bushytailed said:

Since CoB owns the land, the council still has to approve transferring the extended lease to Top Golf. They're planning to discuss at their next meeting.
That's the "might" part. Presumably there will be no issues.
bcstx06
techno-ag said:

bushytailed said:

That's the "might" part. Presumably there will be no issues.

Yeah, I don't see why they wouldn't. What city the size of Bryan wouldn't want to say that they are home to a Top Golf. That is if they change the name and do all of the upgrade to turn it into one (a small one).
phillytex24
tb9665 said:

Found this for the new HEB, it shows some of the site plans. Interestingly it just says proposed grocery store and nothing about an HEB. But, the company does work with HEB by the website.

https://propertycommerce.com/wp-content/uploads/Boonville-Bryan.pdf

It would be nice if they put in a Fiesta instead, or another Brookshire Brothers, for flavor!
davido
AG
Each HEB in town has its own personality. What will that one be?
BryanPooch
Folks wanting a Central Market here obviously have not really shopped in one much. Our demographics preclude even thinking about putting one here. The varieties of unusual products would just sit on the shelves and spoil. We can't get support for good asparagus, let alone the six or eight varieties that Central Markets purvey. The dozens of pates on hand? Twenty five different mushrooms? Fifty kinds of mustard? That stuff just ain't gonna fly here for 20 years or more. And HEB is not as keen on them as it once was.
BryanPooch
legalbird
IF we can support a Costco, we can easily support a Central Market. I presume that Costco is waiting for the next population burst in Brazos county before the big profits are routine.
Captn_Ag05
AG
King Noodle and Sushi is having their soft opening today.

Charpie
AG
legalbird said:

IF we can support a Costco, we can easily support a Central Market. I presume that Costco is waiting for the next population burst in Brazos county before the big profits are routine.

Are you serious? You can't compare the two
TyHolden
AG
legalbird said:

2-minute search shows....

38 Costco locations in Texas
10 Central Market locations in Texas
TXAGBQ76
AG
Don't forget the dozen or so types of olives
australopithecus robustus
Charpie said:

legalbird said:

This big time.

If you look at the existing locations of central market you can clearly see there's little chance one would locate here.

Central Market - Really Into Food
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Charpie said:

legalbird said:

Was at Costco in SATX off 1604 and Potranco this week on Tuesday at 3PM. That place was a jammed packed MADHOUSE.

It was a night and day difference in between our Costco here in BCS and that one. And not in a good way. I like our slightly less packed version a lot better.
MiMi
S
Looks like Tropical Smoothie Cafe is going in inside at the Jones Crossing HEB. Saw the work being done as I was in the checkout lane this afternoon.
Average Joe
AG
MiMi said:

Looks like Tropical Smoothie Cafe is going in inside at the Jones Crossing HEB. Saw the work being done as I was in the checkout lane this afternoon.
I think it's supposed to be Taste of the Tropics opening their second location. Unless they are opening two smoothie places in that HEB.
phillytex24
BryanPooch said:

Folks wanting a Central Market here obviously have not really shopped in one much. Our demographics preclude even thinking about putting one here. The varieties of unusual products would just sit on the shelves and spoil. We can't get support for good asparagus, let alone the six or eight varieties that Central Markets purvey. The dozens of pates on hand? Twenty five different mushrooms? Fifty kinds of mustard? That stuff just ain't gonna fly here for 20 years or more. And HEB is not as keen on them as it once was.

If they built it across from campus it would be lit. It's location that is everything here.
MiMi
S
Average Joe said:

MiMi said:

I think it's supposed to be Taste of the Tropics opening their second location. Unless they are opening two smoothie places in that HEB.

You're right. Lack of reading comprehension on my part as I was getting my Christmas dinner supplies.
EBrazosAg
AG
Any update on the Northern Tool that was supposed to be coming to Bryan?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bcstx06
EBrazosAg said:

Any update on the Northern Tool that was supposed to be coming to Bryan?

Site work has started on it.
bcstx06
I don't know if it's been mentioned here before but there is yet another cookie company chain coming to town called Cookie Plug. The cookies look really good, but I want to know if you guys think all of these cookie shops will remain in business very long with so much competition? Just the other day someone mentioned that Dirty Dough was opening a location in Bryan and College Station.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.