BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

658,315 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
ratfacemcdougal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think Rusty likes your post...
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He really needs to give me credit
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just saw this are they bringing back the pizza rolls as well?
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know. I'll drive by there later and see what other signage is up.
A Net Full of Jello
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

He really needs to give me credit

He won't, but know this: we all know you're the source for breaking news. Well, except for every car accident within 50 miles. He'll cover that.
phillytex24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. Hamburger is one of my favorite burgers in town! It's especially wonderful eating inside; it's so relaxing and I love all the old Eagle newspaper clips on the walls! Such great news! Made by day to get this news!
jman12878
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've tried searching the forum for any info on what's with the construction on West Carson st just down from the ballpark. Seems like some deep digging going on and road down to almost one lane. Anyone have any info? I know it's not the new movie/bowling alley etc. if memory serves that will be facing Villa Maria.
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heard we may be getting a Carl's Jr. Not sure where yet, just a rumor at this point.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiePhil said:

Heard we may be getting a Carl's Jr. Not sure where yet, just a rumor at this point.

Carl's Jr has had some legendary tv commercials….
Wvpd0707
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jman - I was also wondering what the construction was on Carson. I'm wondering if that is the site of the COB parking garage for the mid town/legends event center??
BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wvpd0707 said:

Jman - I was also wondering what the construction was on Carson. I'm wondering if that is the site of the COB parking garage for the mid town/legends event center??


Is it possibly part of the sewer line work they are doing on south college north of villa Maria?
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not the parking garage. I don't think that's even been finalized.

I believe one of the Mancusos owns all that property. One of my contractors said they were planning something but I don't recall what.

With the scale of the construction, I wouldn't be surprised if it was storm or sanitary sewer work in relation to the road work going in around there.
The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The W Carson construction looks like a retention pond when I passed by it.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That was true back in 2011...but Carl's Jr. was largely a failure and closed almost all of its stand-alone locations. There's a few in scattered truck stops in Texas.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't find anything like site plans online to confirm, but I heard that the property where Normandy Square apartments in Northgate (Nagle and Cherry Street) is going to be turned into another mid-rise or high-rise.

I did find a marketing link for the property that shows it is under contract, however:

https://www.crexi.com/properties/802930/texas-normandy-square-student-housing-development-site
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My first apartment was at Normandy Square.
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any knowledge about the "food court" (sorry don't remember proper name) that was to go in the old Sears parts warehouse on Holleman ? Have not seen any construction activity….
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jmb09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what food place is going in across from Veterans park?
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
jmb09 said:

Anyone know what food place is going in across from Veterans park?

TXB convenience store is going in across from Veterans Park.
MS08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MiMi said:

jmb09 said:

Anyone know what food place is going in across from Veterans park?

TXB convenience store is going in across from Veterans Park.


And a Starbucks
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

My first apartment was at Normandy Square.


What condition were they in then? They do seem a little long in the tooth right now.
Bones2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Always appreciate your info on the northgate hi rise scene. Have you heard anything about the supposedly 23 story that was planned to go on the corner of 1st and church? Developer got a height variance approval and then I never heard anything else.

Also, what about the old gas station across from shiner park? It seems odd to me that it is still just sitting there. If I remember correctly, the lot alone was 5.5 million.
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Captn_Ag05 said:

Construction is starting on September 1 for a $5.5 million expansion at Coulter Field to add additional hangars. It will allow for around 20 additional airplanes. There is apparently a waiting list of 40-50 currently, so this will help address that problem. The construction will take about a year.


What else are they planning at Coulter Field that the city has hired helibacon to survey the SouthEast and Northwest sides of the airport last week?

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/FFL807/history/20230826/0041Z/KCFD/KCFD

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/FFL807/history/20230825/1239Z/KCFD/KCFD

MS08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More hangars being built. Still won't satisfy the demand but will accommodate about half (around 20 new ones) the waiting list (about 50).
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MS08 said:

More hangars being built. Still won't satisfy the demand but will accommodate about half (around 20 new ones) the waiting list (about 50).


Look at the flight paths they had them surveying. That's not for new hangars. Unless they're putting them across 21 and outside the current fenced perimeter.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PS3D said:

That was true back in 2011...but Carl's Jr. was largely a failure and closed almost all of its stand-alone locations. There's a few in scattered truck stops in Texas.


There are 30 Carl's Jr. in Texas. Over 1,000 in the US. 2,000 more world-wide. And over 1,600 Hardee's in the US, which are essentially the same. Failure? Maybe in the Houston area, thanks to the Rona.
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wareagle044 said:

MS08 said:

More hangars being built. Still won't satisfy the demand but will accommodate about half (around 20 new ones) the waiting list (about 50).


Look at the flight paths they had them surveying. That's not for new hangars. Unless they're putting them across 21 and outside the current fenced perimeter.
Maybe they were just giving rides. Or a new pilot practicing his turns?
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How would a Bennigan's reboot go over in CS???
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tailgate88 said:

wareagle044 said:

MS08 said:

More hangars being built. Still won't satisfy the demand but will accommodate about half (around 20 new ones) the waiting list (about 50).


Look at the flight paths they had them surveying. That's not for new hangars. Unless they're putting them across 21 and outside the current fenced perimeter.
Maybe they were just giving rides. Or a new pilot practicing his turns?


It was for the city. I asked but they (helibacon) have an NDA and wouldn't elaborate.

Something for FedEx? Aren't they planning to start using Coulter for something? Runway extension?
ElephantRider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Helibacon does aerial mapping?
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bones2012 said:

Always appreciate your info on the northgate hi rise scene. Have you heard anything about the supposedly 23 story that was planned to go on the corner of 1st and church? Developer got a height variance approval and then I never heard anything else.

Also, what about the old gas station across from shiner park? It seems odd to me that it is still just sitting there. If I remember correctly, the lot alone was 5.5 million.
Just updated the Northgate thread. There hasn't been any news that I have seen on either of those projects. From what I understand, the remediation work that had to be done on the old gas station property is now done.
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wareagle044 said:

Tailgate88 said:

wareagle044 said:

MS08 said:

More hangars being built. Still won't satisfy the demand but will accommodate about half (around 20 new ones) the waiting list (about 50).


Look at the flight paths they had them surveying. That's not for new hangars. Unless they're putting them across 21 and outside the current fenced perimeter.
Maybe they were just giving rides. Or a new pilot practicing his turns?


It was for the city. I asked but they (helibacon) have an NDA and wouldn't elaborate.

Something for FedEx? Aren't they planning to start using Coulter for something? Runway extension?
That's weird. What would be so secretive that the city was trying to do that they made them sign a NDA?
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are these the hog hunting people?
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Are these the hog hunting people?
Yes.

https://www.helibacon.com/
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXB is also going to put in a gas station at Southern Pointe Parkway and 6.

I believe this is either the 4th or 5th announced location in BCS.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.