BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,017 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll take Stella donuts on wjb all day long over any of the chains
crbongos
AG
The new HEB location I hear is FM 158/Boonville and across entrance to Miramont.
CRBongo
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
crbongos said:

The new HEB location I hear is FM 158/Boonville and across entrance to Miramont.
That location is also conveniently owned by Summit Crossing LLC which is the same as a few of the parcels near the University and Boonville locations.

To be fair, I had heard the same thing about HEB going there some years back.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
wareagle044
crbongos said:

I also hear that Miramont wants to put the squash on that?
EBrazosAg
AG
Vs the multifamily/retail originally slated for that location ? I'd find it surprising they would prefer that over an H-E-B. Either way they get a light at Miramont Dr.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
techno-ag
AG
crbongos said:

Anywhere near the Bryan Target is probably a good idea.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
trouble said:

I'll take Stella donuts on wjb all day long over any of the chains
I was so excited when I heard Dunkin was coming to town. I remembered eating there as a kid and absolutely loving their apple fritters. I was raving about how good they were to the husband and daughter for months. They opened, we went, I ordered an apple fritter, and didn't even finish it. I was so disappointed. Shipley's is better than Dunkin. Stella is better. Babe's is better. Donald's is better. I could go on and on.
ChampsAg
Babes had awesome Apple fritters. Haven't been in a while
trouble
AG
The apple fritters at the local Shipley's are not at all my favorite. Stella donuts makes an awesome one though. The apple fritter lover at our house gets one every time.
cslifer
Dunkin doesn't even have a kitchen in it, everything is simply reheated.
Rexter
Everything I've tried is a fritter with a teaspoon of apple in it. Nowhere near enough apple filling.
wareagle044
techno-ag said:

crbongos said:

Anywhere near the Bryan Target is probably a good idea.

Bring it to Old Reliance and 6 and make Rudder Pointe the Tower Pointe of Bryan - I might could get on board with that. A new Bryan Golds Gym
Bigfootisreal
We need a Hurts donut. Best apple fritters ever!
AG81
AG
AggiePhil said:

rptsAg03 said:

Yes, that Welborn Dunkin is a huge let down. Took the kids thinking it would be fun, immediately regretted that decision

It's funny cause when they first opened, the drive-thru line stretched for like half a mile. Place just isn't any good.

Dunking had lines because of the coffee. It's not a coincidence their business fell off at the same time Dutch Bros opened right next door.
sirhc
AG
Is this confirmed or just a rumor? Any idea on when they are looking to have a store in the area by?
EBrazosAg
AG
Nothing with H-E-B is confirmed until the zoning is settled and the permits pulled. Review a decade on this board and it will prove the accuracy of this statement. There is way more wild to reasonable speculation about H-E-B than there is fact or even informed statement. I'd put the ratio at 5:1
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
There are a lot of new retail spaces well under construction at Tower Point. The Waxing place has their sign up. Is there a list of others coming, including the ever entertaining speculation?

Anybody know just how many spaces are coming available? I'm assuming the business space real estate sites are all over it.

Are there near future plans for even more retail development there?

That area appears prime to take over the retail center of CS.
MiMi
S
Taco Casa at Caprock is currently closed. Letter on the door states that it has been locked by the landlord until they have 'successfully satisfied your lease requirements.'
CWIsom

rodan85
AG
CWIsom said:

ElephantRider
AG
AG81 said:

AggiePhil said:

rptsAg03 said:

Yes, that Welborn Dunkin is a huge let down. Took the kids thinking it would be fun, immediately regretted that decision

It's funny cause when they first opened, the drive-thru line stretched for like half a mile. Place just isn't any good.

Dunking had lines because of the coffee. It's not a coincidence their business fell off at the same time Dutch Bros opened right next door.
I don't know if it's all Dunkin locations or just the Wellborn one, but their coffee is terrible. Do they brew it with water straight from the Brazos?
BCStalk
Did they post it next to the card surcharge sign?
Tailgate88
AG
ElephantRider said:

AG81 said:

AggiePhil said:

rptsAg03 said:

I don't know if it's all Dunkin locations or just the Wellborn one, but their coffee is terrible. Do they brew it with water straight from the Brazos?
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Someone years ago was raving about how good it was. Tried it at a restaurant, terrible. Bought some at HEB to brew at home, terrible.
techno-ag
AG
ElephantRider said:

AG81 said:

AggiePhil said:

rptsAg03 said:

Maybe they truck it in like their donuts.
EBrazosAg
AG
Now that is funny. The card surcharge was a bad look - until the locks got changed
Tailgate88
AG
Madden is opening a pizza place - "Mad Piez" -- in the spot formerly occupied by Piasianos in Wellborn! Coming in February.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'm glad that something else is going in there so quickly
FlyRod
Any rumors, even vague ones, about anything going in where the original Madden's was?
trouble
AG
Yes https://www.facebook.com/clementinesbcs?mibextid=ZbWKwL
Captn_Ag05
AG
Trudy's put out a press release that they will be opening the CS location this spring.
Hornbeck
trouble said:

The apple fritters at the local Shipley's are not at all my favorite. Stella donuts makes an awesome one though. The apple fritter lover at our house gets one every time.

Does Stella make a good honey cruller? I miss Tim Horton's…
trouble
AG
I don't know. I'll ask if they have them next time we're there and let you know
Tailgate88
AG
Uptown Brunch and Harvest Coffee (former Howdy's Pizza location) seem to be having a soft opening.
bcstx06
Hornbeck said:

trouble said:

Does Stella make a good honey cruller? I miss Tim Horton's…

Tim Horton's is starting to open stores in the Houston area and I believe they mentioned including locations in BCS.
https://newsdirect.com/news/houstons-second-tim-hortons-r-restaurant-set-to-open-on-richey-road-773223925

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2023/01/06/tim-hortons-austin-january-2023-update.html
tvoiles
Saints & Sinners Cafe. Just opened. Located in center between Cindy's and Babylon Cafe. Really interesting food choices. We had their Donuts and Chicken signature dish, very good moist Chicken. Also had Nachos that were made from kettle chips and Brisket (so Texas it's painful) that was really good. Big beer list on draft. Great fun little place. Price point is low entrees $10 or under.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.