BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,899 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Collectonian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also noticed today that Texas State Optical on Wellborn is now MyEyeDr. Looked online and looks like all of our TSO locations have been replaced with it.
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
Garhett_W
AG
Stop lights going up at the intersection of Wellborn and Fitch.
maroon barchetta
Garhett_W said:

Stop lights going up at the intersection of Wellborn and Fitch.

They could have done that in December but they must hate the workers so they waited until the heat was extreme.
One Louder
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Average Joe said:

Not sure if it's been posted (skipped past all the nasty Kettle vs Salad place debate), but First National Bank going at the entrance of the Southern Pointe subdivision.

Thank goodness there will finally be a bank in this town!!!!

First Financial's goal seems to be a branch at every exit off Highway 6.
LB12Diamond
AG
I was told Ozonas closed down. That's too bad, I liked hanging out there when I was in town.
maroon barchetta
Maybe this has been covered by what is being built on Wellborn Road, north of Holleman, next to Berkeley House apartments?
maroon barchetta
Took a drive down I&GN to avoid slow rail traffic at a crossing and it looks like there is a new water tower being built north of Koppe Bridge Rd.

I wonder if it will be "bagel" colored.
Dustoff00
AG
Mickey D's IIRC.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
Captn_Ag05
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Maybe this has been covered by what is being built on Wellborn Road, north of Holleman, next to Berkeley House apartments?
They are building an HTeaO right there. McDonalds is somewhere in that area as well.
maroon barchetta
Yeah, not that. Smaller building next to Berkeley House
maroon barchetta
Weird spot for that if so.
Captn_Ag05
AG
HTeaO is corner or Wellborn and Lonnie Lane.
maroon barchetta
That's the spot.

Hope it works for them.
AggiePhil
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I've lived here over 20 years and have never heard that referred to as Lonnie Lane. I see that on Google Maps but have never seen a street sign or heard people call it that.
maroon barchetta
AggiePhil said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

I've lived here over 20 years and have never heard that referred to as Lonnie Lane. I see that on Google Maps but have never seen a street sign or heard people call it that.

I also had no idea there was a street name. I thought it was a driveway.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
maroon barchetta said:

AggiePhil said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

I also had no idea there was a street name. I thought it was a driveway.

Maybe it's Lonnie's driveway?
PS3D
Google puts Lonnie on the access to the apartments, it's actually the parking lot to the baseball fields off Holleman.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I believe they are both Lonnie Lane and are or were intended to connect.

rockelle
According to Councilwoman Shurtleff on WTAW this morning, a trolley service under a new federal grant will service downtown Bryan, midtown, Century Square and the MSC.

more info from KAGS
https://www.kagstv.com/article/news/local/brazos-transit-district-receives-965-million-dollar-grant-for-sustainable-public-transportation/499-c5927447-9698-4ea3-a923-2deae1efdd60#:~:text=BRYAN%2C%20Brazos%20County%20%E2%80%94%20The%20Brazos,emission%20vehicles%20around%20the%20nation.

https://150.bryantx.gov/timeline-1901-1930/
History repeating itself:
Starting in 1910 and running for 13 years, the Bryan-College Interurban Railway was a trolley line that connected Bryan to Texas A&M, four miles to the southeast. The trip from Bryan took 30 minutes, and the cost to ride was 15 cents round-trip.
Its reliability was often called into question, particularly in its early years when it was propelled along its tracks by an underpowered gasoline engine. These early cars had to be pushed up the Hillcrest incline on Saturday afternoons when the trolley was crowded. Eventually, the trolley was converted to electric power in 1915.
When difficulties occurred (and they often did), the accepted cry was "Ladies, keep your seats; Profs, get out and walk; and Cadets, get out and push!"
TyHolden
AG
rockelle said:

According to Councilwoman Shurtleff on WTAW this morning, a trolley service under a new federal grant will service downtown Bryan, midtown, Century Square and the MSC.

more info from KAGS
https://www.kagstv.com/article/news/local/brazos-transit-district-receives-965-million-dollar-grant-for-sustainable-public-transportation/499-c5927447-9698-4ea3-a923-2deae1efdd60#:~:text=BRYAN%2C%20Brazos%20County%20%E2%80%94%20The%20Brazos,emission%20vehicles%20around%20the%20nation.

Starting in 1910 and running for 13 years, the Bryan-College Interurban Railway was a trolley line that connected Bryan to Texas A&M, four miles to the southeast. The trip from Bryan took 30 minutes, and the cost to ride was 15 cents round-trip.
Its reliability was often called into question, particularly in its early years when it was propelled along its tracks by an underpowered gasoline engine. These early cars had to be pushed up the Hillcrest incline on Saturday afternoons when the trolley was crowded. Eventually, the trolley was converted to electric power in 1915.
When difficulties occurred (and they often did), the accepted cry was "Ladies, keep your seats; Profs, get out and walk; and Cadets, get out and push!"

Why not North Gate?
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Looks like Bryan finally got their bar bus route AND is dropping the bill on the .gov! Oh, and the plan is to get the .gov to build them a new parking garage at their midtown entertainment Park.
Captn_Ag05
AG
https://www.goodfeet.com/

Opening in Tower Point next to the generator store.
MiMi
S
Captn_Ag05 said:

I am having a hard time believing there are stores that only sell arch supports.
Studro8355
Does anyone know what is going on with the south portion of the old Sears building at the mall? It looks like they're doing some partial demolition on it. Also any updates on the old Macy's and Bealls buildings too?
MiMi
S
Studro8355 said:

Does anyone know what is going on with the south portion of the old Sears building at the mall? It looks like they're doing some partial demolition on it. Also any updates on the old Macy's and Bealls buildings too?
https://brazosguardian.com/2023/03/09/murdochs-ranch-home-supply-coming-to-college-station/
techno-ag
AG
A competitor to Tractor Supply.
Captn_Ag05
AG
MiMi said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

I am having a hard time believing there are stores that only sell arch supports.

Right? I had never heard of them, but apparently they have over 200 stores.
The Brazos Kid
MiMi said:

Studro8355 said:

https://brazosguardian.com/2023/03/09/murdochs-ranch-home-supply-coming-to-college-station/

Had not heard of Murdoch's before. Funny thing is, I was editing this video I shot out in Reno and just put 2 and 2 together after seeing this guy's trailerā€¦
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

MiMi said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Right? I had never heard of them, but apparently they have over 200 stores.

The Houston radio used to have them as advertisers (probably still do) with the "Back to what I love doing and more...thanks to the Good Feet Store!" jingle.

When they show up here, they'll let you know.
Captn_Ag05
AG
McAlister's Deli is building a location in south College Station - at the corner of Woodcreek and 6. That is just north of the center with Luigi's.
Captn_Ag05
AG
TyHolden said:

rockelle said:

more info from KAGS

Why not North Gate?

Listened to the interview. It will also stop at Northgate and Union Hill (Chicken Oil area).
maroon barchetta
Houston radio still has those ads.
Hornbeck
Captn_Ag05 said:

McAlister's Deli is building a location in south College Station - at the corner of Woodcreek and 6. That is just north of the center with Luigi's.

The wife will be happy with that. A McAlister's without a huge line of students each paying individually.
Roxie146
They have a really good app - I order ahead all the time - -it's ready when I get there - either eat it at the restaurant or take out.

A good solution especially at lunch. My favorite is the jalapeƱo turkey crunch salad or the Savannah chopped Salad and of course the tea/lemonade.

I wish more restaurants served a good lemonade.

Tookieclothespin
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

That's going to make getting on the feeder road from woodcreek even more annoying.
FJB

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.