BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,877 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Roxie146 said:

Tailgate88 said:

TyHolden said:

EBrazosAg said:

I have heard good things about this new Thai restaurant….. did I miss anything here about it ? Assuming that's the old Blake's Steaks location.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/poruchD9giVeWsH87?g_st=ic
This place checks out. Great food.
+1

Delicious and very authentic.
Did a take out last night - we are wimps so it was not "hot" - but very good - flavorful - will go again.
Nice to see it was fairly busy with several people waiting for "to go".
Yes, usually Thai restaurants do their spicy on a 1-5 scale and I get 3. My friend likes it hot so he will get 4 or 5 ("Thai spicy") when he is feeling brave. This place does 1-3 so I got 2 and he got 3 and we were BOTH sweating. So I would encourage anyone who doesn't like it spicy to definitely get a 1, and if you DO like it spicy, I'd try 2 the first time before you decide to move up to 3.

I will say, no stomach issues at all though and it was delicious. Dang now I want to go back...
trouble
AG
Might be Dunkin. Let me go find the post I saw on Facebook yesterday
trouble
AG
It's Dutch Brothers not Dunkin. I just knew it was some coffee place I don't go to.
b0ridi
Jersey Mike's signage in the window of an empty unit in a shopping center on Briarcrest. Next to Pizza Hut/Wayback Burgers.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The Tower Point Tropical Smoothie Cafe has their grand opening on July 8.

The Coastal Addiction, a fishing outfitter, has their grand opening on June 27. It is located at 11400 highway 30.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

The Coastal Addiction, a fishing outfitter, has their grand opening on June 27. It is located at 11400 highway 30.
You have any more info on the Coastal Addiction? That's in the Hwy 30 Business Park. It sounds interesting, but I wasn't able to find any info on it.
maroon barchetta
Interesting name for a fishing outfitter that is 100+ miles inland.
Tailgate88
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Speaking of Tropical Smoothie Cafe...it looks like Chef Cao's has moved down the hill to their new location next door. The daily special sign is in their window and I saw someone walking out with what looked like a to go order.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Speaking of Tropical Smoothie Cafe...it looks like Chef Cao's has moved down the hill to their new location next door. The daily special sign is in their window and I saw someone walking out with what looked like a to go order.
Chef Cao actually owns that whole center, according to Brazos CAD.
InMyOpinion
phillytex24 said:

Fritella is back open!! It's better than ever. I was so surprised. Their Eggplant Parmigiana is the best in the area. Don't sleep on this place.
Went on Sunday - just another Italian place, not bad but not great
TyHolden
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Interesting name for a fishing outfitter that is 100+ miles inland.
There is a lot of buzz floating around expanding Lake Bryan....
TyHolden
AG
coming to Northgate....

GSS

Expanding Lake Bryan Park, or Lake Bryan?
City built that lake on a hill, keep it filled with well water, a not so brilliant long term strategy.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
maroon barchetta
Did they go gravity flow or lift station for their sewer line for that building that holds more people than the town where I grew up?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Korean fried chicken place going in the Aspire building, where Fajita Pete's used to be.

https://bbqchicken.com/
Bad Poster
TyHolden said:

coming to Northgate....

Imagine how disgusting that place gets if the electricity goes out
rocketscience
AG
The Village will be moving into the old Kimbell Feed building with an opening in Spring 2024. What's The Buzz Coffee will move into the space the Village is vacating.

https://www.kbtx.com/2023/06/23/exclusive-village-whats-buzz-coffee-announce-moves-downtown-bryan/
MiMi
S
I didn't see it listed on the list on page 1, but Urban Bird Hot Chicken opened on June 19. It's in Jones Crossing across from Oishi.
TyHolden
AG
MiMi said:

I didn't see it listed on the list on page 1, but Urban Bird Hot Chicken opened on June 19. It's in Jones Crossing across from Oishi.

I'd like to hear about this place and Dave's Hot Chicken. I love the Cook Shack when I want serious spice but if not, chick fila and chili's are fine.
halibut sinclair
We tried Pepperoni's Pizza the other night - it's just ok. Definitely not worth what they charge.
TyHolden
AG
What's taking over the Kettle spot?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
TyHolden said:

This is the company who bought/owns that location.

For some reason I thought I recall it being a salad place but I could be totally wrong and it may just be another restaurant/retail spot.

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_tx/0802336659
Captn_Ag05
AG
TyHolden said:

They are building a Salad and Go.

https://www.saladandgo.com/
InMyOpinion
Captn_Ag05 said:

TyHolden said:

They are building a Salad and Go.

https://www.saladandgo.com/
Salad and Go will not last a quarter of the time the kettle did - guaranteed !!
Counterpoint
AG
Has there ever been a wilder swing in the same restaurant location than going from a Kettle to a salad place?
AggiePhil
AG
Counterpoint said:

Has there ever been a wilder swing in the same restaurant location than going from a Kettle to a salad place?

Seafood place to a nail salon.
Picadillo
Agree. Nearly every weekend there were lines out the door at The Kettle for breakfast and it was nearly full mid mornings during the week. Robust lunch business. So tell me how a salad place will match that.
jja79
AG
To go only. You can't even eat there.
australopithecus robustus
Salads and go is a very popular, rapidly growing emerging concept that has very impressive traffic and a dutch bros. like cult following. It will eclipse anything kettle ever did and the industry has moved so much towards drive thru vs dine in.
FlyRod
^Perhaps, but this is an extremely price-conscious community re restaurants. A lot of people will think twice about paying X for a salad…a comparatively easy thing to make at home, or to buy one of those pre-made bagged ones at the store. But we'll see what they charge.
Rex Racer
AG
FlyRod said:

^Perhaps, but this is an extremely price-conscious community re restaurants. A lot of people will think twice about paying X for a salad…a comparatively easy thing to make at home, or to buy one of those pre-made bagged ones at the store. But we'll see what they charge.
We have had a Salata for quite a while. It is easy to make a salad at home, but not with that variety of things to put in the salad. My wife has been known to make some salads with a lot of ingredients, and they are delicious, but it's a PAIN to buy everything and cut everything up.
australopithecus robustus
Salad and go is very cheap
Captn_Ag05
AG
FlyRod said:

The salads are $6 and the drinks (tea and coffees) are $1.25. Their breakfast burritos are like $3 and really good. I am a fan and it is a concept that I think could do really well here, but I am not sure about the location. I would think something in south CS, Bryan near Kroger, or closer to A&M would be a better location. But, we will see. I wouldn't be surprised if they open several locations in BCS.
maroon barchetta
australopithecus robustus said:

Salad and go is very cheap

No.

The board has spoken.

This business is too expensive and will fail in this market.
trouble
AG
There are a lot of apartments not far away. If they can make it fairly easy to get in and out, I think it'll do well

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.