BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,667 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EBrazosAg said:

Maybe all this deserves a separate thread rather than a hijack…..
Fair enough.

Continued here.
happyinBCS
the mr hamburger building is for sale on Loop net they are asking 2.1 million which is way too high. I think it will be there a while ---how is a hamburger joint supposed to cash flow at that price
Hornbeck
Yeah, because things are so very successful in that shopping center...
Studro8355
Anyone know the status on the former Macy's and Bealls locations at the mall?
bcstx06
This seems cool:
Satellite library location a possibility at Lake Walk

https://www.bryantx.gov/satellite-library-location-a-possibility-at-lake-walk/
PS3D
A drive-through coffeeshop called "7 Brew" is coming to where China Wok Express currently is. Guessing the former Tinsley's/Golden Chick/whatever building will be gone within months.
toolshed
AG
I noticed what I think is new silt fence around the little square next to Olive Garden, that was supposed to be a putt putt place at one point. Not sure how they put in an entertainment spot, and parking places in that little area. I doubt they're allowed to share spaces with HD, OG, or the hotel there.

But I could be wrong, maybe the silt fencing has been there.
maroon barchetta
PS3D said:

A drive-through coffeeshop called "7 Brew" is coming to where China Wok Express currently is. Guessing the former Tinsley's/Golden Chick/whatever building will be gone within months.

This area could use a drive-thru coffee shop.
bcstx06
maroon barchetta said:

PS3D said:

This area could use a drive-thru coffee shop.

There is a drive-thru Starbucks across the street from that spot.
woodiewood1
trouble said:

At this point, I think they'll need crews working there every day until then to have any chance of that.
With the fire limited to the back of the kitchen entrance and smoke damage, I bet they could open in a month if they wanted to.
woodiewood1
techno-ag said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

A potential new indoor tennis facility for A&M and the City of Bryan to share at Midtown Park is in discussion.

Quote:

The city of Bryan and Texas A&M are negotiating another major addition to Midtown Park.

Mayor Bobby Gutierrez says a shared indoor tennis facility, which was first brought up during the original design of the Legends Event Center, has the support the A&M system board of regents.

Gutierrez says in addition to providing Bryan residents another location to play tennis, this will give A&M the ability to host S-E-C and NCAA tournaments.

Gutierrez says negotiations include how operations and maintenance costs will be shared.
https://wtaw.com/city-of-bryan-and-texas-am-negotiating-to-build-a-shared-indoor-tennis-facility-at-midtown-park/
That's awesome. Aggie golf and tennis played in Bryan.
Aggie sports were played in the City of Bryan area for about 50 years....we are going full circle.
trouble
AG
There's likely smoke damage throughout. It's not going to be as quick as just rebuild what burned. I meant to come update this though.

From the BCS meals and deals Facebook group

PS3D
trouble said:

There's likely smoke damage throughout. It's not going to be as quick as just rebuild what burned. I meant to come update this though.

Yeah, I can see that a huge part of the problem is the fire damage means that they can be no longer grandfathered in and have to bring everything up to standards, including (I imagine) paved parking lots. I'm not sure if Bryan has that ordinance but College Station does.

Frankly I'm surprised that even a single thing has been done at all given the radio silence.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
You guys kidding about Carinos coming back? I'd actually LOVE that. I ate there regularly until the end.

I feel like staffing issues combined with the drastic increase in prices did them in. To me , the food was still pretty good and pretty consistent. It also had more kid friendly dishes than other Italian restaurants locally.
PS3D
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

You guys kidding about Carinos coming back? I'd actually LOVE that. I ate there regularly until the end.

I feel like staffing issues combined with the drastic increase in prices did them in. To me , the food was still pretty good and pretty consistent. It also had more kid friendly dishes than other Italian restaurants locally.
Frittella reopening, not Carino's.
ChampsAg
New homeschool athletic program being started in town. Brazos Valley Christian Athletics. Trying to get more information.
snaglepuss
What is going in on Tabor Rd. just off the bypass? That lot sold and I've been seeing "Tabor Road Ventures" on the sign outside. Now they are working on a foundation. ???
lawless89
Sorry if already mentioned, but what's going on at the other side of the Academy parking lot? Dirt work and construction fence going up yesterday. Can't be a bank since there's another one on the other side of the parking lot. Right??
Rudybryan
Anybody know what's going in the Beals Tejas nenter Villa Maria and Texas
trouble
AG
Ross dress for less
AggieAces06
AG
lawless89 said:

Sorry if already mentioned, but what's going on at the other side of the Academy parking lot? Dirt work and construction fence going up yesterday. Can't be a bank since there's another one on the other side of the parking lot. Right??

Supposed to be a new restaurant. Varsity Grill I think?
TyHolden
AG
AggieAces06 said:

lawless89 said:

Supposed to be a new restaurant. Varsity Grill I think?
I think it's Lone Star Southern Grill from Brenham. I'm excited about walking from church to grab a couple tall beers.
NateDog
AG
snaglepuss said:

What is going in on Tabor Rd. just off the bypass? That lot sold and I've been seeing "Tabor Road Ventures" on the sign outside. Now they are working on a foundation. ???
Barrel storage facility for the Hush & Whisper Distillery (which is apparently coming soon to downtown Bryan).
Anonymous Source
S
PS3D said:

trouble said:

Yeah, I can see that a huge part of the problem is the fire damage means that they can be no longer grandfathered in and have to bring everything up to standards, including (I imagine) paved parking lots. I'm not sure if Bryan has that ordinance but College Station does.

Frankly I'm surprised that even a single thing has been done at all given the radio silence.
I think with that place sitting completely closed up for over a year, the best thing to do would be to knock it down and start over...and I think we all know that's exactly what they won't do. You'll never get the fire smell out of that place.
Gig 'Em
EBrazosAg
AG
Maybe I missed this - what's going in between Candlewood Suites and University Dr across from Veterans Park?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
TXB gas station.
Broncos
PopStroke confirmed to Century Square.
BQ_90
AG
NM answered above

here is tweet on the golf thing

Tailgate88
AG
BQ_90 said:

NM answered above

here is tweet on the golf thing

Right next to the soon to be expanded lift station, amirite?
maroon barchetta
Final putt on 18 is into the clown's mouth at the lift station.

You have to go over to Spring Loop to claim your prize if you get a hole-in-one.
BiochemAg97
AG
Anonymous Source said:

PS3D said:

trouble said:

I think with that place sitting completely closed up for over a year, the best thing to do would be to knock it down and start over...and I think we all know that's exactly what they won't do. You'll never get the fire smell out of that place.

Or maybe the fire smell just adds to the atmosphere. Maybe put some BBQ on the menu.
FlyRod
Not sure this has been noted, but Urban Optics is moving into a new building being built where the Silk Stocking once stood.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
FlyRod said:

Not sure this has been noted, but Urban Optics is moving into a new building being built where the Silk Stocking once stood.
Fitting. The message is, "If you came here looking for the Silk Stocking, you need an eye exam."
phillytex24
PS3D said:

Thank goodness! This place has been an eyesore since the very beginning. It was always out of place …and it's just continued to go downhill more, and more, in the last 20 years.
Captn_Ag05
AG
There is a Cinnaholic opening in the Kohl's shopping center.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.