BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

663,212 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Tailgate88
AG81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A Natural History Museum would be an incredible addition. A&M has amazing collections that few people get to see. There are also former students that have priceless collections that could be exhibits. For example, an Aggie family owns one of the most extensive Fabrage collections in the world. There are collections from the Nautical Archeology and Study of the First Americans that would be awesome if everyone could view them. The list goes on and on. Can't wait.
Maui McQueen
AG
A height variance request has been submitted for a new development at 203 Church Street in Northgate, next to the Standard. Looks to be 200 feet+. More and more towers coming to Northgate. Interested to see the future of this area. Owned by Rountree Development.
Captn_Ag05
AG
JaxDad said:

CWIsom said:

The date is 2022? Anyone know what's going on?

According to their Facebook, they reopened today.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Maui McQueen said:

A height variance request has been submitted for a new development at 203 Church Street in Northgate, next to the Standard. Looks to be 200 feet+. More and more towers coming to Northgate. Interested to see the future of this area. Owned by Rountree Development.

I wonder how many stories that would be.
BiochemAg97
AG
Maui McQueen said:

Does it seem odd to anyone else that the top of the building isn't level and that two corners will be 577 ft above sea level and two corners will be 578 ft above sea level?
rocketscience
AG
Maui McQueen said:

That's a similar size lot to the former gas station at University and Boyett. This could possibly be a good preview at what might go there.
maroon barchetta
BiochemAg97 said:

Maui McQueen said:

Does it seem odd to anyone else that the top of the building isn't level and that two corners will be 577 ft above sea level and two corners will be 578 ft above sea level?

Gotta slope it for roof drainage.
jks08
AG
maroon barchetta said:

BiochemAg97 said:

Maui McQueen said:

Gotta slope it for roof drainage.

That, and those appear to be parapet heights.
PS3D
A restaurant called "De Baca" is coming to Tower Point. A Circle T gas station will be coming to Holleman Drive South.

No details yet on former Mr Hamburger
Captn_Ag05
AG
https://debacasteakhouse.com/
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Interesting. The name sounds like it will be something higher-end.
techno-ag
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Interesting. The name sounds like it will be something higher-end.
Sounds like "debacle" to me. But hopefully they'll do well.
Captn_Ag05
AG
or chewbacca
maroon barchetta
Captn_Ag05 said:

or chewbacca

Wookies like steaks.
snaglepuss
Bones2012
AG
Maui McQueen said:

Is there anymore information on this development?
TyHolden
AG
somebody has been working in the old Red Lobster the last two nights I've driven by there....fire up the mexican martinis
Hnander
I tried the brisket Saturday night. It was awful. Don't waste your time there.
hnander
AggiePhil
AG
Where?
ChampsAg
Are you sure? The lights are on in there 24/7
ChampsAg
Maybe Sinners & Saints?? I had to go back to p. 3 to find a relevant post
toolshed
AG
Yep. You just click on who they replied to and it takes you to the post.
trouble
AG
I'm not sure that would have been my first choice in their menu.

We haven't been yet because every time I'm over that way, I end up at Chubby's instead.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Bones2012 said:

Maui McQueen said:

The Zoning adjustment meeting to discuss the variance request is tomorrow night at 6 PM.

http://docarc.cstx.gov/DocArc/DocView.aspx?id=1740852&dbid=0&repo=DOCUMENT-SERVER

It is in person, but there is a zoom link on the agenda I linked if you want to log in and watch.

From the agenda materials:

Quote:

The applicant is proposing a new mixed-use development in Northgate
encompassing four lots on the corner of First Street and Church Avenue.
This building is anticipated to consist of commercial use on the ground floor, with a
parking garage and residential units above which will be similar in character to
other developments in the area. The structure is anticipated to be
approximately 23 stories in height.
The north corner of the building is proposed to sit at 576 feet Above Mean Sea Level (AMSL), the west corner at 576 feet AMSL, the east corner at 576 feet AMSL, and the south corner at 578 feet AMSL.
The highest point of the proposed building is to be at 578 AMSL (or 235 AGL).

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Easterwood Airport Management
have provided support of height up to 578 feet ASML.
Captn_Ag05
AG
FAA gave their okay on the height of the building as submitted and City staff recommend approval of the request to the City. So, I would expect it to get approval from the committee and then council.
ChampsAg
learn something new every day!
rocketscience
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Bones2012 said:

Maui McQueen said:

The Zoning adjustment meeting to discuss the variance request is tomorrow night at 6 PM.

http://docarc.cstx.gov/DocArc/DocView.aspx?id=1740852&dbid=0&repo=DOCUMENT-SERVER

It is in person, but there is a zoom link on the agenda I linked if you want to log in and watch.

Quote:

This building is anticipated to consist of commercial use on the ground floor, with a
parking garage and residential units above which will be similar in character to
The north corner of the building is proposed to sit at 576 feet Above Mean Sea Level (AMSL), the west corner at 576 feet AMSL, the east corner at 576 feet AMSL, and the south corner at 578 feet AMSL.

Now that the Christian Science building is being used as a leasing office for the Rev, I wonder how much longer until the block bounded by Church, Boyett, First, and Patricia is redeveloped into high-rise student housing.
techno-ag
AG
rocketscience said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Bones2012 said:

Maui McQueen said:

Quote:

Now that the Christian Science building is being used as a leasing office for the Rev, I wonder how much longer until the block bounded by Church, Boyett, First, and Patricia is redeveloped into high-rise student housing.
Bring it. Put all the students in Northgate.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Pepperoni's on University will be having their grand opening tomorrow. $5 medium pizzas all day according to their Facebook.
RNAggie
AG
I am sure many of you saw it but the gas station on the corner of Harvey and 6 (where Garpez (i think) used to be) was being torn down.

Anyone know what is going to go back in there?
Captn_Ag05
AG
RNAggie said:

I am sure many of you saw it but the gas station on the corner of Harvey and 6 (where Garpez (i think) used to be) was being torn down.

Anyone know what is going to go back in there?

It's going to be another gas station. Aurora.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Dollar Tree going in near west Bryan Walmart (1642 West Villa Maria Road).
FlyRod
Is Mi Pueblita still Mi Pueblita with a different name (Dos Hermanos Marquez) or an entirely new restaurant with new owners? Haven't been there in ages but recall it being quite good.
trouble
AG
I believe it's new owners but the menu is the same and some of the old waitstaff (who had left for a while) is back!
Bones2012
AG
Thank you for that info.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.