BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,963 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://wtaw.com/bryan-city-council-approves-a-4-5-million-dollar-playground-area-at-midtown-park/

Quote:

The Bryan city council approves a $4.5 million dollar contract to design and build a playground area at Midtown Park.

A local foundation is providing $2 million dollars and the city's general fund is providing the remaining $2.5 million.

During a special council meeting on Tuesday, deputy city manager Hugh Walker says there is a "blank canvas" for the playground, which will be located on green space west of the lake between Legends Events Center and the future building housing a movie theater, bowling center, and restaurant.

Background information from the city says the specific playground equipment for two play areas will be determined during the design process.

The area will also have a pavilion and restroom building, two bridges, and sidewalks.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Speaking of Midtown, since everyone loved the I heart Aggieland sign that CS put up at city hall ( ), I wanted to make sure everyone saw the BryanTX sign that Bryan put up at Midtown Park

MS08
AG
Love to see intercity competition. Really do. Good for business. College Station is stuck in this regard though. Sure wish they would get out of their own way.
maroon barchetta
Captn_Ag05 said:

Speaking of Midtown, since everyone loved the I heart Aggieland sign that CS put up at city hall ( ), I wanted to make sure everyone saw the BryanTX sign that Bryan put up at Midtown Park

But there is no hollow "i" for me to stand in to take my Instagram photo!!
meezermom
Needs a comma...
Captn_Ag05
AG
Just think of all the savings to the tax payer by omitting the comma.
AG 86 BC
AG
Anyone know the status of Poche's Seafood? I see the sign on the building, but don't know anything about the schedule to open.
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Just think of all the savings to the tax payer by omitting the comma.
It's so when asked for a statement they could say "No comma."
halibut sinclair
EBrazosAg
AG
Opening delayed until 2030 completion of 2818
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wareagle044
Captn_Ag05 said:

It's the heart that makes it look bad to me. The Bryan sign looks much classier and I like that it references the actual city name. The Aggieland sign in CS is really only appealing to Aggies and in a terrible location for out of town visitors to come across.
crbongos
AG
AG 86 BC said:

Anyone know the status of Poche's Seafood? I see the sign on the building, but don't know anything about the schedule to open.

Poche's is waiting for gas line to be installed to building. Developer overlooked it during construction I'm told.
CRBongo
Anonymous Source
S
EBrazosAg said:

Speaking of…that was announced as a two year project. So, as we get perilously close to year three, how much longer until it's done?
Gig 'Em
maroon barchetta
Wow. That's a pretty glaring oversight for a restaurant space.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Wow. That's a pretty glaring oversight for a restaurant space.
It's more common than you think.
halibut sinclair
Sushi Masa opened yesterday.
Expert Analysis
AG
Anonymous Source said:

EBrazosAg said:

Speaking of…that was announced as a two year project. So, as we get perilously close to year three, how much longer until it's done?
Should have been done by now based on original timeline...

They are still a couple months out from moving SB traffic to the new lanes. Then they will have 6+ months of work to work in the median area for all the turn lanes. While they are doing that they will finish the NB bridge area. Then then will need to repave the lanes with the final layer and get the lights figured out. Would surprise me if they finish by next fall. They are currently a year behind schedule...
Captn_Ag05
AG
The Post Oak Rally House location is now open. This is the second location in CS.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rally-house-debuts-second-storefront-in-college-station-tx-301919922.html
Dumbfounded
Sushi Masa w a College Station address but is in Bryan city limits.
Tailgate88
AG
Expert Analysis said:

Anonymous Source said:

EBrazosAg said:

They are still a couple months out from moving SB traffic to the new lanes. Then they will have 6+ months of work to work in the median area for all the turn lanes. While they are doing that they will finish the NB bridge area. Then then will need to repave the lanes with the final layer and get the lights figured out. Would surprise me if they finish by next fall. They are currently a year behind schedule...
1) What happened that caused them to be so far behind?

2) Is the contractor the one taking what I can only assume is a huge loss - a year or more of extra labor costs? I'm sure it's a lot more complicated than that but ... what a mess.
TyHolden
AG
pluckers will take over the wings...

cstxfn
Tailgate88 said:

Expert Analysis said:

Anonymous Source said:

EBrazosAg said:

1) What happened that caused them to be so far behind?

2) Is the contractor the one taking what I can only assume is a huge loss - a year or more of extra labor costs? I'm sure it's a lot more complicated than that but ... what a mess.
Maybe it was delayed because of all the rain we've got the last 2 years.
PS3D
toolshed said:

China Wok is going. The mouse in the crock pot was the final straw.

Plans were filed for 7Brew drive-through coffee back in May.
rocketscience
AG
Schulman's Movie Bowl Grille - $25,000,000

TDLR record:
https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2024000391

Site Plan:
https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2023%20SDRC/08-29-2023/SP23-50,%20MBG%20Midtown%20Park,%2008-29-23.pdf

Landscaping Plan:
https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2023%20SDRC/09-12-2023/SP23-50,%20Landscape%20Plan,%2009-12-23.pdf

Carney's Remodel
Look's like Carney's plans to take over and remodel the Guitar Studio and add a container bar and food truck with a significant outdoor area.

Site Plan:
https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2023%20SDRC/09-12-2023/SP23-65,%20Carney's%20Bar%20&%20Grill,%2009-12-23.pdf
maroon barchetta
Guitar Studio is tiny.
techno-ag
AG
rocketscience said:

Schulman's Movie Bowl Grille - $25,000,000

TDLR record:
https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2024000391

Site Plan:
https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2023%20SDRC/08-29-2023/SP23-50,%20MBG%20Midtown%20Park,%2008-29-23.pdf

Landscaping Plan:
https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2023%20SDRC/09-12-2023/SP23-50,%20Landscape%20Plan,%2009-12-23.pdf

Carney's Remodel
Look's like Carney's plans to take over and remodel the Guitar Studio and add a container bar and food truck with a significant outdoor area.

Site Plan:
https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2023%20SDRC/09-12-2023/SP23-65,%20Carney's%20Bar%20&%20Grill,%2009-12-23.pdf
Love that Bryan is getting more things to do.
Hornbeck
Ts & Ps for the China Wok mouse
jcjennings
Does anyone know anything about the Bo' Jangles that is supposed to be coming to Bryan? Cannot find anything online other than the original announcement on KBTX.
Dustoff00
AG
I hope not, otherwise my diabetes will be in full force after getting Bo'Berry biscuits every morning.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
Captn_Ag05
AG

https://www.whitecap.com/branches/723
maroon barchetta
That location is considered College Station?
bushytailed
AG
Saints and Sinners announced on FB that they're suspending operations effective today.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Sad to hear that. I ate in once and did a take out order once. The food was good both times. When I did the take-out order, I don't think there were any customers in the restaurant and the time I did dine-in, maybe two other tables the whole time. It never seemed to catch on.
AggiePhil
AG
Lack of marketing, especially to the students who likely would never stumble across it due to the location.
FlyRod
bushytailed said:

Saints and Sinners announced on FB that they're suspending operations effective today.

Ugh. That spot is an infamous Dead Zone for restaurants. I'm impressed Babylon Cafe has made it this far.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.