BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,213 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
AG81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tvoiles said:

Saints & Sinners Cafe. Just opened. Located in center between Cindy's and Babylon Cafe. Really interesting food choices. We had their Donuts and Chicken signature dish, very good moist Chicken. Also had Nachos that were made from kettle chips and Brisket (so Texas it's painful) that was really good. Big beer list on draft. Great fun little place. Price point is low entrees $10 or under.

Can't find a menu on their website or their Facebook page. Love to see one. Anyone have a link to one?
tvoiles
I put a picture of the menu on my Google review. Their website is broken but if you try to order online you can get to one ad well
PS3D
The Hilton is being renovated, with a remodeled pool and restaurant, and a rooftop bar as well. I wonder if it will be on the tower portion, or just above the conference centers.
Come visit the BEST College Station-Bryan history website on the web! In, Around, and About Brazos Valley.
tb9665
If I remember correctly, it was up for auction some time ago. I wonder if someone purchased it?
quantumleap
tvoiles said:

I put a picture of the menu on my Google review. Their website is broken but if you try to order online you can get to one ad well

By the way, their website is working now, and has the full "opening" menu available to peruse:

https://www.saintsandsinners.cafe/

Definitely plan on checking them out sometime soon...thanks for the heads up about them!

MS08
AG
Enjoy taking the little ones with me on Saturdays some times to get donuts. We land at Babe's 99.9% of the time and been to Kai once or twice. Where is Stella? Not familiar.
trouble
AG
On William J Bryan across from the car wash that's next to the post office.
MS08
AG
Thx. Is that location the same as the Stella's in the Villa Maria shopping strip by the Walmart with the Panda Express and all of that? Cause there is a Stella's there too. If same, does it compare in taste to the one in William J.
MS08
AG
Google maps street view shows that location to be super donuts and the villa maria location by Walmart shows to be called Stella's donuts.
MS08
AG
Found the other one you mentioned. Lol
trouble
AG
I don't know about the other. The one by the post office used to be Super Donuts but they changed names couple years ago. Same people though.
eloc62
Has anybody seen the red food truck/ trailer located at Deacon @ Longmire that serves Mexican food? I have heard from a few friends who have tried it recently and really liked it, especially their barria tacos. I am going to go there for lunch tomorrow to give it a try. Anybody else seen this place or tried it?
PS3D
Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply, which opened its first Texas store last October, is going into the other half of Sears. Probably will open before year-end.
FlyRod
Clementine's (old Madden's location) website is up...limited menu but looks great. Soft opening late February.

So grateful to have another "nice" restaurant back in downtown Bryan!
Marooned_n_Aggieland
PS3D said:

Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply, which opened its first Texas store last October, is going into the other half of Sears. Probably will open before year-end.
Interesting twist. This looks like a Tractor Supply competitor?
halibut sinclair
FlyRod said:

Clementine's (old Madden's location) website is up...limited menu but looks great. Soft opening late February.

So grateful to have another "nice" restaurant back in downtown Bryan!
That menu is not appealing.
trouble
AG
Well, you won't be in my way then.
halibut sinclair
trouble said:

Well, you won't be in my way then.

Make way for the lady diving for food!
Tailgate88
AG
That menu looks delicious!

https://www.clementinesbcs.com/menu

Octupus for an appetizer, 44 Farms Hanger steak or the duck for the main course. Really looking forward to trying this place.
Hornbeck
Another new store in the Mall? There may be hope for retail yet…
PS3D
Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

PS3D said:

Interesting twist. This looks like a Tractor Supply competitor?

Looks like it but much larger. The stuff from Yelp on their CO stores looks interesting enough.
gigem92
AG
Someone has been reading TexAgs. LOL!!

In all seriousness, my better half is thrilled to hear this.

cslifer
According to KBTX a large manufacturing facility coming to Bryan. Ironically this board just recently was of the opinion that businesses were fleeing Bryan and the city needed to do more to attract businesses.
maroon barchetta
[Start a thread about that issue if you want to discuss it but do not derail this thread again. -Staff]
TyHolden
AG
Who robbed Subaru? All the cars are gone.
lockett93
AG
They are building new building. Which one has no cars? New or old or both?
A Net Full of Jello
AG
trouble said:

Well, you won't be in my and A Net Full Of Jello's way when we go and order one of everything then.

FIFY
TyHolden
AG
PS3D said:

The Hilton is being renovated, with a remodeled pool and restaurant, and a rooftop bar as well. I wonder if it will be on the tower portion, or just above the conference centers.
The need a high dive off the roof and a 40 ft deep pool. Name another hotel that has that....
trouble
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

trouble said:

Well, you won't be in my and A Net Full Of Jello's way when we go and order one of everything then.

FIFY

Yes, that
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Tesla just bought a big tract in Brookshire.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/houston-tesla-location-17713258.php

I wonder if they kicked the tires around here?
Captn_Ag05
AG
From TDLR, a development called Woodland Cottages of College Station is going to be located at 1850 Arnold Road.
Quote:

Multifamily development with 10 multifamily buildings and 1 clubhouse building with leasing office, fitness room, and outdoor pool

Garhett_W
AG
Well that ain't gonna be confusing with The Cottages of College Station and Woodlands of College Station.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Garhett_W said:

Well that ain't gonna be confusing with The Cottages of College Station and Woodlands of College Station.
Just wait till there's the Wood Cottages at the Land of College Station.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
techno-ag
AG
Garhett_W said:

No worse than Midtown Bryan and Midtown College Station.
maroon barchetta
Neither of which is really in midtown.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.