BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,731 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What building is that? I don't recall ever seeing the business.
trouble
AG
It's the same building as Harvey Washbangers. It was good but they were often not open during their posted hours.
techno-ag
AG
"To our wonderful Cstat customers."
trouble
AG
I tried to ignore that
TyHolden
AG
techno-ag said:

Where does SoCo start at - Harvey Mitchell? Fitch???
Tailgate88
AG
TyHolden said:

techno-ag said:

Where does SoCo start at - Harvey Mitchell? Fitch???

I always pictured Rock Prairie as the northern boundary but I don't make the rules around this place.
AG81
AG
Tailgate88 said:

michaelab said:

I have all the information you need! Please feel free to ask any questions you have!

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African or European swallow? Goodness, the Zoo is slipping.
AG81
AG
michaelab said:

Bigfootisreal said:

So what is the lowdown on DeBaca?
We're an upscale steakhouse coming to Tower Point in 2024! Our chef is Patrick Swetnam, a five-star chef coming from Colorado Springs. Jim Baca is owner/operator, and currently the point of contact. He's been in restaurants for 30 years. Jim and I moved here with our kids from Denver in 2015 and I teach at A&M. I got both my MA and PhD from A&M and I love teaching new generations of Aggies!

We are currently working on sourcing all local products and are very excited to work with the BCS community on all aspects of our project. Please reach out either to me on here or to jim@debacasteakhouse.com!

The menu will be locally sourced, high-quality fare. Think classic steakhouse with a modern twist! We'll offer an extensive wine list plus a full bar and a private dining room for events.

Sneak peak menu item: One of the stars of our menu is the table-side chateaubriand, recently featured in The Best of Aggieland cookbook!

Groundbreaking ceremony should be in the next couple of weeks and then construction will begin in earnest! Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer!

"Tableside chateaubriand"? Okay, I'm curious. I know the cut of meat, what's the "tableside" mean?
trouble
AG
AG81 said:

Tailgate88 said:

michaelab said:

I have all the information you need! Please feel free to ask any questions you have!

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African or European swallow? Goodness, the Zoo is slipping.

This isn't the zoo
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
AG81 said:

michaelab said:

Bigfootisreal said:

We're an upscale steakhouse coming to Tower Point in 2024! Our chef is Patrick Swetnam, a five-star chef coming from Colorado Springs. Jim Baca is owner/operator, and currently the point of contact. He's been in restaurants for 30 years. Jim and I moved here with our kids from Denver in 2015 and I teach at A&M. I got both my MA and PhD from A&M and I love teaching new generations of Aggies!

We are currently working on sourcing all local products and are very excited to work with the BCS community on all aspects of our project. Please reach out either to me on here or to jim@debacasteakhouse.com!

The menu will be locally sourced, high-quality fare. Think classic steakhouse with a modern twist! We'll offer an extensive wine list plus a full bar and a private dining room for events.

Sneak peak menu item: One of the stars of our menu is the table-side chateaubriand, recently featured in The Best of Aggieland cookbook!

Groundbreaking ceremony should be in the next couple of weeks and then construction will begin in earnest! Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer!

"Tableside chateaubriand"? Okay, I'm curious. I know the cut of meat, what's the "tableside" mean?

BiochemAg97
AG
I'm guessing tableside means they cut your portion by the table. Mobile carving station.
AggieCVQ
Does anyone know what is going on next to the Midas on Texas?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

I'm guessing tableside means they cut your portion by the table. Mobile carving station.

Sounds like it? Either way - they had me at steak!

michaelab
AG
AG81 said:

michaelab said:

Bigfootisreal said:

Yes, we will carve and serve table-side using a mobile carving station!
AggiePhil
AG
Quote:

front cut fillet of tenderloin grilled between two lesser pieces of meat that are discarded after cooking.

Sounds wasteful.
michaelab
AG
AggiePhil said:

Quote:

front cut fillet of tenderloin grilled between two lesser pieces of meat that are discarded after cooking.

Sounds wasteful.

Very! We're consistent with the latter, not the former, definition! We won't be wasting meat to make a different steak
Captn_Ag05
AG
Has there been any news on the plans for University and Boyett? I imagine the remediation work is close to being done, if not already finished.
Costa and Andreas
Captn_Ag05 said:

Has there been any news on the plans for University and Boyett? I imagine the remediation work is close to being done, if not already finished.

Last time we spoke with the city working on our barrier for our Jumbotron they said they hadn't received plans from the developer yet….
PS3D
Costa and Andreas said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Last time we spoke with the city working on our barrier for our Jumbotron they said they hadn't received plans from the developer yet….
Any news on the former So-Fly?
Chan_VW
In regards of new developments in bcs, are there any other forums, real estate groups, or networking groups on social media? Or the best way to find out when a new development is coming to town.
trouble
AG
Literally, this thread
bcstx06
Chan_VW said:

In regards of new developments in bcs, are there any other forums, real estate groups, or networking groups on social media? Or the best way to find out when a new development is coming to town.

I created this thread over a decade ago because I curious as to what was coming to town more than anything. After this thread became so popular I remember a blogger created a blog that showed pretty much this thread but in more in-depth detail. I don't know if he still has it, but I believe he had several versions of it under different names. Also kind of saw KBTX take note and began reporting on things mentioned on here.

If I find that blog/website I'll post it here. I know I haven't been keeping up with the front page as much, but work and life get in the way.
BQ_90
AG
Chan_VW said:

this board is the sole source of anything that is going on in BCS, it's where the Eagle and KBTX gets their local news from.
agman845
Whole Fried Chicken on Rock Prairie is closed until further notice.
AgTrip
agman845 said:

That's sad to hear. I went a few times and it was good! I really liked the owner. I could never tell if they were opened or not because they always had the dark blinds closed and you couldn't see in from the street.

AggiePhil
AG
Bring back Must Be Heaven!!
Aggie@state.gov
AG
Rusty swears up and down he doesn't follow this thread
Bones2012
AG
Anybody have a northgate hi rise update? I know the 20 story one is scheduled to begin construction next year I believe.
FlyRod
agman845 said:

That's genuinely sad to hear. They were unique, in a community that is obsessed with fried chicken.
Collectonian
Went to Wingstop on University last night and saw a bunch of notices on Marco's Pizza. Was too tired to go see what they said, but I see their FB page is saying they are permanently closed?
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
trouble
AG
I tried to order from there last night and that location isn't on the app anymore. It's still on the main website though.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Bones2012 said:

Anybody have a northgate hi rise update? I know the 20 story one is scheduled to begin construction next year I believe.
I don't think there have been any updates since May when I updated the Northgate high rise thread:

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3320738
Captn_Ag05
AG
Pickleball and Futsal courts coming to Anderson Park

https://www.kbtx.com/2023/07/08/new-pickleball-courts-coming-college-station/

Potential indoor tennis facility coming to Bee Creek after a $500,000 pledge from CS citizen (Jean-Louis Briaud).

https://wtaw.com/college-station-city-council-approves-a-resolution-for-private-fundraising-of-an-indoor-tennis-building/
ag009
AG
3 new pickleball courts are better than nothing, but there needs to be more. The 4 permanent outdoor courts at Austin's Colony are constantly full with many people waiting.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The new entertainment complex being built in Bryan's Midtown park will have 3-4 indoor and 3-4 outdoor courts I believe.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.