BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

667,753 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Tailgate88
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hittag1492 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

PS3D said:

It looks like Johnny's bar is up at 115 College Main, the cramped space above the sake bar, where the lawyers' office used to be back in the early 2010s. I was thinking he'd have an actual storefront.
Yes, the space labeled Mama's Lounge on this image. It is only 1775 square feet.


I have a feeling this won't be your typical Northgate bar. I see a higher end/slightly older demographic. More money/lower volume. Just my 2 cents. Might actually work well if so.
Needs cigars.
BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Where did you see the quotes from his partners?


https://theeagle.com/news/a_m/johnny-manziel-opening-nightclub-bar-at-northgate-this-fall/article_8412c6b2-30a2-11ee-90a3-57ac67ec0bda.html

Ybanez said the group took over the space this summer and have been working to build it out. The bar itself is expected to be a more high-end location with a focus on visuals and audio/video, Ybanez noted.

"The systems we use for all of our other clubs are kind of incredible," Ybanez said. "We use pretty state-of-the-art stuff. It's going to be super high-tech and nice with some design aspects that are different than anything else you'll see in College Station."
Mr.Short-termMemory
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Where did you see the quotes from his partners?


https://theeagle.com/news/a_m/johnny-manziel-opening-nightclub-bar-at-northgate-this-fall/article_8412c6b2-30a2-11ee-90a3-57ac67ec0bda.html

Ybanez said the group took over the space this summer and have been working to build it out. The bar itself is expected to be a more high-end location with a focus on visuals and audio/video, Ybanez noted.

"The systems we use for all of our other clubs are kind of incredible," Ybanez said. "We use pretty state-of-the-art stuff. It's going to be super high-tech and nice with some design aspects that are different than anything else you'll see in College Station."
I was envisioning more like a Ravenite Social Club scene.....

PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Captn_Ag05 said:

Anyone heard any news or rumors lately on the old Albertson's location on University? It was late last year or early this year when someone from the city said that there was some exciting news on it that couldn't be shared quite yet.

On BCAD the property owner is HCL UNIVERSITY PARK LLC. I see one of the managers of HCL is Christopher J. Pappas (Pappas Restaurants). I can't remember if that was already discussed.
If I recall, the Albertsons was supposed to be split into (at least) two retail tenants, but with the dwindling supply of ~40k square feet big box stores that we don't already have, it seems pretty unlikely that anything could go there.

100% the city can coax Albertsons back to the site with some incentives but Tarrow and Tarrow East need to be reconfigured first.
Roxie146
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And CoCs needs to do something about the flooding that area causes - the area behind Albertsons acts as a basin which then empties into Pin Oak Creek

Water drains from Cooner, Tarrow and Arquello, Chimney Hill all behind Albertsons.
hijakeroo123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PS3D said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Anyone heard any news or rumors lately on the old Albertson's location on University? It was late last year or early this year when someone from the city said that there was some exciting news on it that couldn't be shared quite yet.

On BCAD the property owner is HCL UNIVERSITY PARK LLC. I see one of the managers of HCL is Christopher J. Pappas (Pappas Restaurants). I can't remember if that was already discussed.
If I recall, the Albertsons was supposed to be split into (at least) two retail tenants, but with the dwindling supply of ~40k square feet big box stores that we don't already have, it seems pretty unlikely that anything could go there.

100% the city can coax Albertsons back to the site with some incentives but Tarrow and Tarrow East need to be reconfigured first.
With HEB's lease now being up, I'm surprised that Kroger hasn't taken advantage of opening a store there to have a presence closer to the student population. That box is definitely larger than the Texas/Southwest Pkwy store which closed a few years back. I wonder if Albertsons or HEB put a lease restriction on the space precluding another grocer from moving in?
phillytex24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
any word on a Wienerschnitzel in College Station yet?
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
phillytex24 said:

any word on a Wienerschnitzel in College Station yet?

Wasn't there one next to Walmart at some point?
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

phillytex24 said:

any word on a Wienerschnitzel in College Station yet?

Wasn't there one next to Walmart at some point?


Where Church's chicken was.
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Roxie146 said:

And CoCs needs to do something about the flooding that area causes - the area behind Albertsons acts as a basin which then empties into Pin Oak Creek

Water drains from Cooner, Tarrow and Arquello, Chimney Hill all behind Albertsons.

Sounds like a lift station may be needed.
phillytex24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

phillytex24 said:

any word on a Wienerschnitzel in College Station yet?

Wasn't there one next to Walmart at some point?


Yes. But there's supposed to be one built in SoCo.
I just went to Bryan. I wanted a beef dog on a pretzel bun with mustard; my go-to. Then I got a Large Coke.

ALERT: Wienerschnitzel switched from Pepsi to Coke after all these years, in March, which is shocking. Most places do the opposite. It was nice and cold!
10thYrSr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
meezermom said:

There is a sign up in front of the Popeye's/Dutch Brothers on Texas that says "King Buffet Coming Soon" -- is it safe to assume this is the same as China King buffet? My kids want to know - they always loved the all you can eat desserts there...


Asking the important question here! Yee star is a crap buffet! I would love if the former China King Buffet was going to reopen as King Buffet. Anyone have any information?
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On the upcoming CS council agenda is the purchase of land on Greens Prairie for the new fire station that was approved by voters last year.

Location: https://goo.gl/maps/J18MP3ZukS7BwzBP6
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody have an update on this project?

https://theeagle.com/news/college-station-city-council-approves-sale-for-future-commercial-development-in-midtown-business-park/article_544481ca-7b4c-11ed-b6f3-fbd5191a68f7.html

During the final College Station City Council meeting of 2022, councilors approved a $9.36 million commercial development sale for about 29 acres in the Midtown Business Park to Levcor Acquisition of Houston.

The proposed plans for the 29-acre site include a 40,000 square-foot facility for entertainment, a hotel, five restaurants, and in the center of it all is five retail spaces.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Drove by the Salad To Go location today (or whatever it's called).

It's no bigger than a Dutch Bros! I had no idea it would have such a tiny footprint.
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Per BCAD COCS still owns the property. So I'm guessing Levcor didnt complete the acquisition.

https://esearch.brazoscad.org/Property/View/441820
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Drove by the Salad To Go location today (or whatever it's called).

It's no bigger than a Dutch Bros! I had no idea it would have such a tiny footprint.
Yes, they are tiny. There is no inside seating. It is literally get your salad and go.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Drove by the Salad To Go location today (or whatever it's called).

It's no bigger than a Dutch Bros! I had no idea it would have such a tiny footprint.
Yes, they are tiny. There is no inside seating. It is literally get your salad and go.
Just leaf.
Hittag1492
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
techno-ag said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Drove by the Salad To Go location today (or whatever it's called).

It's no bigger than a Dutch Bros! I had no idea it would have such a tiny footprint.
Yes, they are tiny. There is no inside seating. It is literally get your salad and go.
Just leaf.
Solid and underrated post...
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hittag1492 said:

techno-ag said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Drove by the Salad To Go location today (or whatever it's called).

It's no bigger than a Dutch Bros! I had no idea it would have such a tiny footprint.
Yes, they are tiny. There is no inside seating. It is literally get your salad and go.
Just leaf.
Solid and underrated post...


How many ratings did you expect in 11 minutes?
Hittag1492
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Hittag1492 said:

techno-ag said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Drove by the Salad To Go location today (or whatever it's called).

It's no bigger than a Dutch Bros! I had no idea it would have such a tiny footprint.
Yes, they are tiny. There is no inside seating. It is literally get your salad and go.
Just leaf.
Solid and underrated post...


How many ratings did you expect in 11 minutes?
More than 1!
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Article in the WSJ today. Seems McD and BK are at only about 15% dine inside these days - down 5-10% post 2020. They are pushing franchises to renovate interiors while the franchises want to do less rather than more.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Article in the WSJ today. Seems McD and BK are at only about 15% dine inside these days - down 5-10% post 2020. They are pushing franchises to renovate interiors while the franchises want to do less rather than more.

I have eaten inside a McD about twice since 1990. Not a surprise. If anything, they should build a bunch of drive through only places.
BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Article in the WSJ today. Seems McD and BK are at only about 15% dine inside these days - down 5-10% post 2020. They are pushing franchises to renovate interiors while the franchises want to do less rather than more.


CFA has done a number of drive through only. They had one in round rock (35 and 45 toll) that they tore down and completely rebuilt to eliminate dine in and add more drive through lanes.

CFA is now going even further with some new concepts that eliminates the cashiers for taking your order. Everyone will order on the app, pick up their food, and leave. I think I saw where they were seeing >50% of their orders on the app already.

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/stories/inside-chick-fil-a/reimagining-hospitality-in-a-digital-focused-world
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Article in the WSJ today. Seems McD and BK are at only about 15% dine inside these days - down 5-10% post 2020. They are pushing franchises to renovate interiors while the franchises want to do less rather than more.


CFA has done a number of drive through only. They had one in round rock (35 and 45 toll) that they tore down and completely rebuilt to eliminate dine in and add more drive through lanes.

CFA is now going even further with some new concepts that eliminates the cashiers for taking your order. Everyone will order on the app, pick up their food, and leave. I think I saw where they were seeing >50% of their orders on the app already.

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/stories/inside-chick-fil-a/reimagining-hospitality-in-a-digital-focused-world

Brilliant! Soon they'll just deliver the food straight to the toilet!
BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiePhil said:

BiochemAg97 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Article in the WSJ today. Seems McD and BK are at only about 15% dine inside these days - down 5-10% post 2020. They are pushing franchises to renovate interiors while the franchises want to do less rather than more.


CFA has done a number of drive through only. They had one in round rock (35 and 45 toll) that they tore down and completely rebuilt to eliminate dine in and add more drive through lanes.

CFA is now going even further with some new concepts that eliminates the cashiers for taking your order. Everyone will order on the app, pick up their food, and leave. I think I saw where they were seeing >50% of their orders on the app already.

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/stories/inside-chick-fil-a/reimagining-hospitality-in-a-digital-focused-world

Brilliant! Soon they'll just deliver the food straight to the toilet!


While still saying "my pleasure".
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I only order on the app. It's just so dang easy.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Al's formal wear closed.

https://www.facebook.com/100044219749955/posts/pfbid0RAFpK8T7W5Jo2g8VeN7XKXBV9ECUjFVY65w7KkcRvJsVK6FQgYPsmaX3uuE74EC7l/?mibextid=Nif5oz
The Brazos Kid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trouble said:

Al's formal wear closed.

https://www.facebook.com/100044219749955/posts/pfbid0RAFpK8T7W5Jo2g8VeN7XKXBV9ECUjFVY65w7KkcRvJsVK6FQgYPsmaX3uuE74EC7l/?mibextid=Nif5oz


Quite informal of them to not give notice ahead of closing for good.
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a "good look"?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Expert Analysis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

On the upcoming CS council agenda is the purchase of land on Greens Prairie for the new fire station that was approved by voters last year.

Location: https://goo.gl/maps/J18MP3ZukS7BwzBP6
Brazos County is building a new firehouse near Royder and Wellborn by the new health care facility. I assume it is replacing the one at Wellborn and South Dowling since the crossing will be closed soon.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

Al's formal wear closed.

https://www.facebook.com/100044219749955/posts/pfbid0RAFpK8T7W5Jo2g8VeN7XKXBV9ECUjFVY65w7KkcRvJsVK6FQgYPsmaX3uuE74EC7l/?mibextid=Nif5oz
All locations closed. People that had a tux rented over the weekend got to keep their tux though!

https://www.kbtx.com/2023/08/08/als-formal-wear-closes-all-locations/
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Al's with the heart or Al's without the heart? Two different chains, as I understand it. Believe ours had the heart.
Garhett_W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why is that crossing closing?
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Garhett_W said:

Why is that crossing closing?
From what I understand, the new Royder intersection will be the new crossing. On the other side, Koppe Bridge Rd will eventually go over the tracks where the bend currently is
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.