BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,722 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lunch only today through Saturday. Then 11:30-9 SEVEN DAYS A WEEK.

They've added a small bar area and a few new things to the menu.
AggiePhil
AG
Ozona has permanently closed.
ElephantRider
AG
AggiePhil said:

Sad about this, but I haven't been in years
Hittag1492
AG
AggiePhil said:

This is a good location and even the building itself has potential-let's hope a quality restaurant comes in to take over that spot.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Hittag1492 said:

AggiePhil said:

This is a good location and even the building itself has potential-let's hope a quality restaurant comes in to take over that spot.
It had seemed like a huge decline for years from it's heyday.
Average Joe
AG
Those WERE great locations. I stay away now so I don't have to do the median dance.
BiochemAg97
AG
Average Joe said:

Those WERE great locations. I stay away now so I don't have to do the median dance.

Exactly, last time I was over there, they were building the medians. Didn't really pay attention to where the left turns would be and if there would be access @ Ozona.
TyHolden
AG
The median nazis killed Ozona!!!
MiMi
S
BiochemAg97 said:

Average Joe said:

Exactly, last time I was over there, they were building the medians. Didn't really pay attention to where the left turns would be and if there would be access @ Ozona.
I believe the only left-hand turn lane near Ozona is in front of Sonic.
toolshed
AG
Which leads into the parking lot for Sonic, as well as Ozona and Rudy's.
MS08
AG
Average Joe said:

The immediate surrounding area is not desirable for a developer for a number of reasons. That Harvey Rd area has experienced consistent turnover for years.
MiMi
S
toolshed said:

Which leads into the parking lot for Sonic, as well as Ozona and Rudy's.
Exactly my point.
trouble
AG
I hated trying to turn left there anyway so I always just came from Texas Ave so I could turn right
maroon barchetta
trouble said:

I hated trying to turn left there anyway so I always just came from Texas Ave so I could turn right

Yeah. It's not that hard to take an extra couple of minutes to go around the block and come in from the right.
maroon barchetta
AggiePhil said:

One added bummer is that this is a place that would have live music on the patio a few nights per week. It's always a treat to have good live music instead of canned music.
happyinBCS
Went to Ozona quite often 12 or 13 years ago knew several of the bartenders and it was tragic one of them was killed at the pool hall by Kohls for no reason at all by a guy that worked at Tom Light it was so sad
Txmoe
AG
happyinBCS said:

Went to Ozona quite often 12 or 13 years ago knew several of the bartenders and it was tragic one of them was killed at the pool hall by Kohls for no reason at all by a guy that worked at Tom Light it was so sad
Notwithstanding the subject of your post, kudos to you for the most efficient telling of a story while invoking several local businesses.
Stucco
I'll miss the deck, chips and queso and Mas Mejor.

I slowed down at Ozona when the prices got out of hand, way before the pandemic.

Did they ever reduce the menu for the pandemic?
lawless89
Tuesdays 2 for 1 burgers made for a good cheap date in college ten-ish years ago. Really liked their chips and queso.

Would be a great spot for a smaller Pappasitos!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Stucco said:

I slowed down at Ozona when the prices got out of hand, way before the pandemic.

This was us. We used to hit up all the time for the half off burger specials and whatnot since we lived in the townhomes right down the road.

But then the quality got worse, the prices got higher and the service was not what it used to be. Wife and I went back a few months ago on a one-off and just knew we weren't itching to go back.
techno-ag
AG
Stucco said:

Restaurant business is tough, especially in the summers around here.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Stucco said:

Disagree. It has Pappadeaux written all over it. Pappasitos can go in at the old Johnny Carinos when this new restaurant flops.
TheOC16
AG
maroon barchetta said:

AggiePhil said:

One added bummer is that this is a place that would have live music on the patio a few nights per week. It's always a treat to have good live music instead of canned music.

Yep. Used to eat free in the summers because they paid in giftcards and most of the acts were college kids who left for the summer. Since I was one of the few that hung around I was playing about every other week in the summmer.

Then school would come back around and the band would practice there once a month. Pay in gift cards sucked but we treated it as a practice so between the gift cards and tips, it was nice.

Lots of memories and carbs from Ozona. But haven't been there in half a decade.
jac4
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

Stucco said:

Disagree. It has Pappadeaux written all over it. Pappasitos can go in at the old Johnny Carinos when this new restaurant flops.

Just the right distance from the bypass.

halibut sinclair
A Net Full of Jello said:

Stucco said:

Anchor Bar? No way it flops.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

GolfTec is opening a location at 1505 E. University.

https://www.golftec.com/

If the lessons pricing on this is reasonable it'll do well
AG81
AG
The phone repair place in the Jones Crossing HEB has disappeared.
techno-ag
AG
Can't hear it now.
EBrazosAg
AG
I have heard good things about this new Thai restaurant….. did I miss anything here about it ? Assuming that's the old Blake's Steaks location.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/poruchD9giVeWsH87?g_st=ic
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
I keep meaning to post it here and keep forgetting. We're going to try it this week.

Yes, it's in the old Blake's steaks spot
TyHolden
AG
EBrazosAg said:

I have heard good things about this new Thai restaurant….. did I miss anything here about it ? Assuming that's the old Blake's Steaks location.

I see somebody I know on that map.....I thought they blurred out people's faces.
maroon barchetta
AG81 said:

The phone repair place in the Jones Crossing HEB has disappeared.

I never saw a customer there.
Tailgate88
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Had lunch there yesterday. Highly recommended. Best Thai I have had in this town, not to take anything away from others.
Roxie146
Will try it too - always looking for good Thai!!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans for Schulman Movie Bowl Grill at Midtown

https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2023%20SDRC/06-20-2023/SP23-50,%20MBG%20Midtown%20Park,%2006-20-23.pdf

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.