BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,632 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I checked to see if Las Palapas had any other restaurant concepts (similar to had Taco Cabana had Pollo Tropical...for a while) but no, it's just that.

I don't know what they're talking about, and if they were going to turn the CS location into something else, that was a terrible way to pitch it.
UmustBKidding
Brazos cad still shows bill millers still owns the property. Was told they decided that it was to far out to be supported by their central kitchen scheme so they leased it to las palapas.
TXAGBQ76
AG
They did. I talked with several SA based managers and trainers early on where assigned here for a period of time to set up, train and get things going.
ratfacemcdougal
war hymn aggie said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

It appears Las Palapas has "closed for remodeling."
Red flag to me, ala Mr. Hamburger, when they announced something similar.

"remodeling" in a location that you've only been to about 2 years?

BTW, Salada will close for 2 weeks in June for a remodel.

I think that this is legit.

Campus store or the Holleman store ?
FlyRod
Sigh up in that strip where Chubbys, Babylon Cafe, and the Axe throwing place are for Koala Cafe and Bakery. I think it's a chain but no nothing else about it.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Here's their Instagram

https://instagram.com/koalabakerycafe
war hymn aggie
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

war hymn aggie said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

It appears Las Palapas has "closed for remodeling."
Red flag to me, ala Mr. Hamburger, when they announced something similar.

"remodeling" in a location that you've only been to about 2 years?

BTW, Salada will close for 2 weeks in June for a remodel.

I think that this is legit.

Campus store or the Holleman store ?
Holleman
birdman
Quote:

but I wonder if fuego just eats that much potential traffic that it makes it that hard.
. Plus Torchys, On The Border, Taco Bar, Torchys, and Lupe Tortilla. Lots of Mexican places in half mile stretch.
maroon barchetta
birdman said:

Quote:

but I wonder if fuego just eats that much potential traffic that it makes it that hard.
. Plus Torchys, On The Border, Taco Bar, Torchys, and Lupe Tortilla. Lots of Mexican places in half mile stretch.

You said Torchy's twice.
kraut
AG
maroon barchetta said:

birdman said:

Quote:

You said Torchy's twice.

He likes torchy's
maroon barchetta
There it is.
meezermom
What is going up on Texas across from the shopping center where Big Lots and Goodwill currently are? Lots of dirt moving, tons of pipes so I'm thinking hotel? Apartments?
KidDoc
AG
Went to Juanitas after church today and it was outstanding. The breakfast quesadilla with chicken was the best I've ever had.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TyHolden
AG
meezermom said:

What is going up on Texas across from the shopping center where Big Lots and Goodwill currently are? Lots of dirt moving, tons of pipes so I'm thinking hotel? Apartments?
baby buccee's...

https://thetexanstores.com/locations/
Captn_Ag05
AG
I thought the location across from Big Lots was going to be TXB and the Texan was going to be at Fitch and 6.
TyHolden
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I thought the location across from Big Lots was going to be TXB and the Texan was going to be at Fitch and 6.

My bad - you're right.
Captn_Ag05
AG
It's hard to keep all the new gas stations straight.
KidDoc
AG
Any insiders know what A&M is doing with the polo field?

Also we played the golf course for the first time in 3 years and it was great. Nice carts and most greens were great.

edit to fixed spelling- I shouldn't post on my phone without my reading glasses!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
Pilot field?
AggiePhil
AG
Polo fields. How long has it been since polo was actually played there??
maroon barchetta
Not in my lifetime!!
maroon barchetta
Also, if you go to Bonfire Memorial, you can see that the area where the "polo fields" are located is really more of a detention pond at this point.

My guess is it's used for flood control or drainage in some way and because of that nothing will ever be built there.

Plus, having anything built there would require access from Polo Road or New Main. No way is a driveway or new road going to be allowed at either University or Texas that close to the intersection.
TyHolden
AG
AggiePhil said:

Last time was probably around the time I rowed crew on the Brazos against Zuck and the Winklevoss twins....
TommyBrady
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Also, if you go to Bonfire Memorial, you can see that the area where the "polo fields" are located is really more of a detention pond at this point.

My guess is it's used for flood control or drainage in some way and because of that nothing will ever be built there.

Plus, having anything built there would require access from Polo Road or New Main. No way is a driveway or new road going to be allowed at either University or Texas that close to the intersection.

If you look at the master plan they plan on having buildings all the way to Texas with a new entrance gateway at the corner with a water feature.
maroon barchetta
That won't affect the drainage control section I referenced earlier and that image doesn't show any new access from Texas or University.

I don't see the existing garage being able to handle the load for that many new buildings.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Right now, I am not sure, unless they've already started work on the new College of Performance, Visualization and Fine Arts building that is going in that area. I didn't think that was starting quite yet though. There is also speculation about the $100 million museum of natural history the regents approved going in there to be a gateway for the university and tie in to Century Square and the new PopStroke being built to create an entertainment area of town. That construction definitely wouldn't have started yet.

Some supporters/donors for Aggie baseball proposed that area for the new baseball stadium, but that was shot down and they were told the area was already committed for other projects.
maroon barchetta
I thought the museum was going out between Bush Library and 2818?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
TyHolden said:

AggiePhil said:

Last time was probably around the time I rowed crew on the Brazos against Zuck and the Winklevoss twins....

I know you! You were in the parking lot earlier.

CEAg78
AG
I remember polo there. Then rugby.

Class of 1978
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
KidDoc
AG
CEAg78 said:

I remember polo there. Then rugby.

Class of 1978
Rugby was played there in my days. We had Lacrosse in the smaller field near the parking lot back in the early 90s.
BiochemAg97
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Right now, I am not sure, unless they've already started work on the new College of Performance, Visualization and Fine Arts building that is going in that area. I didn't think that was starting quite yet though. There is also speculation about the $100 million museum of natural history the regents approved going in there to be a gateway for the university and tie in to Century Square and the new PopStroke being built to create an entertainment area of town. That construction definitely wouldn't have started yet.

Some supporters/donors for Aggie baseball proposed that area for the new baseball stadium, but that was shot down and they were told the area was already committed for other projects.

Has the university actually announced the college of performing … will be on University? I see a lot of people claiming that as the location, but last I heard, they were looking at George Bush and Bizzel for the performing arts stuff. Proximity to the Music Activity Center would be a plus for the planned music degree.

I'm not convinced GB and Bizzel is a good option (because of parking) but it doesn't seem like university would be much better.
Captn_Ag05
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Has the university actually announced the college of performing … will be on University? I see a lot of people claiming that as the location, but last I heard, they were looking at George Bush and Bizzel for the performing arts stuff. Proximity to the Music Activity Center would be a plus for the planned music degree.

I'm not convinced GB and Bizzel is a good option (because of parking) but it doesn't seem like university would be much better.
I don't think the University has officially announced it, which is why I would think that the work ongoing in that area right now is unrelated. From what I understand, people associated with the College of P, V, and FA have been told that the location near the polo fields is where the new college will be built. But, there has been nothing official from A&M as far as I can tell.
AG81
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

BiochemAg97 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

I don't think the University has officially announced it, which is why I would think that the work ongoing in that area right now is unrelated. From what I understand, people associated with the College of P, V, and FA have been told that the location near the polo fields is where the new college will be built. But, there has been nothing official from A&M as far as I can tell.

Though things probably changed, the plan was to put the museum on the west campus in close proximity to the Bush Library and The Gardens to create a tourist corridor. Regardless where it goes, that museum will be awesome. A&M has some amazing collections that nobody gets to see. And our former students have world class collections (McFerrin Faberge Collection, for example).
FearNoWeevil
AG
Believe that work along Texas is Atmos gas line installation.
maroon barchetta
FearNoWeevil said:

Believe that work along Texas is Atmos gas line installation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.