BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,938 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fair. If you're gonna charge $17 for a po boy you better be importing the right bright from NOLA at a bare minimum. Those prices seem ok for the etouffe and creole...esp. since crawfish is out of season right now. I make both those dishes at home, and it's not all that cheap even from scratch lol.
AG81
AG
FlyRod said:

Fair. If you're gonna charge $17 for a po boy you better be importing the right bright from NOLA at a bare minimum. Those prices seem ok for the etouffe and creole...esp. since crawfish is out of season right now. I make both those dishes at home, and it's not all that cheap even from scratch lol.

Goodness, much ado about nothing. Don't like the prices, don't go there.
Jsimonds58
AG
"These dagum restaurants charge to much!!"

*fantastic home grown restaurants proceed to fail*

"Why does college station only have crappy chain restaurants??"

Additionally

"I can't believe I'm being charged 3 dollars to park so I will never go to any location here"

*there is free parking at this location. *

Never change fellas never change
TyHolden
AG
Jsimonds58 said:

Additionally

"I can't believe I'm being charged 3 dollars to park so I will never go to any location here"

We want big city quality restaurants BUT we don't want to pay big city prices [/aggieland board]
Captn_Ag05
AG
Not to belabor the point, but I am pretty surprised that people find an appetizer and four entrees (seafood no less) for $90 as expensive. I am excited to try it and hopefully we can get back to talking other comings and goings!
trouble
AG
THIS!!!!
maroon barchetta
TyHolden said:

Jsimonds58 said:

Additionally

We want big city quality restaurants BUT we don't want to pay big city prices [/aggieland board]

Knock down all the pier and beam hovels and bulldoze any apartments built before 1990! Make way for big expensive shiny new developments!! Let them eat cake!!!

$90 dinner for family of four - too expensive
$78 dinner for family of four - reasonable
[/Aggieland board]
AgTrip
I never complained about the price. I thought it was very fair as far as seafood goes. I also said I'd come back and I will. I was just giving my report on what I had and what it cost me.

I love going out to eat and I especially like trying new places. This place will do just fine and I'm excited they're here. Don't go if it's too much for you. Less of a wait for me when I show up!
Cyp0111
Seafood is probably the one meal where cheap isnt a good thing. The cost of fish and shrimp etc. is pretty fixed.
CWIsom
Parking is already maxed out in this shopping center where will new customers park?
Captn_Ag05
AG
They could pay to park at Century Square and walk down university
Captn_Ag05
AG
They are building a new hotel (Drury Inn) that may provide some additional parking space back there as well.
thisisnotkathy
AG
UhOhNoAgTag said:

The Rock Prairie east widening project should be starting soon.

And what is the really nice house going in near Midtown/next to the church?
Would love to know, haven't seen anything online at all so I'm wondering if it's some part of Midtown (leasing office, mega model home, community center)? Been trying to catch a peek every day driving by but no signs up or anything. Seems nearly done too.
MS08
AG
thisisnotkathy said:

UhOhNoAgTag said:

The Rock Prairie east widening project should be starting soon.

And what is the really nice house going in near Midtown/next to the church?
Would love to know, haven't seen anything online at all so I'm wondering if it's some part of Midtown (leasing office, mega model home, community center)? Been trying to catch a peek every day driving by but no signs up or anything. Seems nearly done too.

The nice house is simply that, a house. It's a modern looking custom home that Crowley is building.
EBrazosAg
AG
That's just odd. It's a very high end house that will be fronting a 4 lane road w medians and a high traffic count. Hard to figure that one for me … but certainly appears to be that …
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MS08
AG
On the surface it looks like that. I saw a zoning change sign posted nearby it recently but never followed up on it. It could have been to parcel it out/separate it from the larger 14 acre parcel that it is a part of. It's owned by a development named LLC that has ties to other subdivision developments, but still think this particular property is a custom single family residence. Could be that additional development will go behind it on the additional land.
AggieAces06
AG
MS08 said:

On the surface it looks like that. I saw a zoning change sign posted nearby it recently but never followed up on it. It could have been to parcel it out/separate it from the larger 14 acre parcel that it is a part of. It's owned by a development named LLC that has ties to other subdivision developments, but still think this particular property is a custom single family residence. Could be that additional development will go behind it on the additional land.

The house is just a house. One of the local developers is building it for himself. (I'm not going to mention names for privacy reasons.)

The rezoning sign a while back was for the property behind the house.
MS08
AG
Same reason I didn't divulge more.
Dustoff00
AG
Poche's report for 3 adult diners.

Really enjoyed the food. Items consumed: appetizer, two cups of Gumbo(more like small bowls actually and really good flavor), side of Red Beans and rice(decent but nothing that stood out), Roast Beef po-boy(Sandwich was great, fries a bit cold but had good flavor), Shrimp & Crab Etouffee (nice flavors, plenty of shrimp, and good portion), bread pudding (not what I would normally expect when ordering at most restaurants, but was pleasantly surprised, light and delicious), a beer, soda, water. Would go back again and again just for Gumbo, RB po-boy, and Bread pudding alone. Menu should start to expand starting tomorrow, and the plan is to be fully opened up, including lunch hours, shortly after Alabama game. Glad we went and will be back often.

Btw only 77+tax and tip. I consider this very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food. For comparison, on par with places like Nate's in Addison for those that have been there.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Dustoff00 said:

Poche's report for 3 adult diners.

Really enjoyed the food. Items consumed: appetizer, two cups of Gumbo(more like small bowls actually and really good flavor), side of Red Beans and rice(decent but nothing that stood out), Roast Beef po-boy(Sandwich was great, fries a bit cold but had good flavor), Shrimp & Crab Etouffee (nice flavors, plenty of shrimp, and good portion), bread pudding (not what I would normally expect when ordering at most restaurants, but was pleasantly surprised, light and delicious), a beer, soda, water. Would go back again and again just for Gumbo, RB po-boy, and Bread pudding alone. Menu should start to expand starting tomorrow, and the plan is to be fully opened up, including lunch hours, shortly after Alabama game. Glad we went and will be back often.

Btw only 77+tax and tip. I consider this very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food. For comparison, on par with places like Nate's in Addison for those that have been there.
Bless yeux good sir!
maroon barchetta
You must be rich!!
thisisnotkathy
AG
Thanks! Guess that explains the lack of information. Honestly didn't consider a private house due to the location on Rock Prairie but certainly looks nice.
Dustoff00
AG
maroon barchetta said:

You must be rich!!

I tell my wife all the time, I don't mind spending money, but I hate wasting it. This was not a waste of money, IMHO. I don't plan on going daily, but once or twice a month is probably in the cards. TBH, once open for lunch I may go a couple times per month, for a cup of Gumbo, as well.

Having lived in DFW area for the past 22 years prior to moving back, this would be considered a cheap dinner for three adults.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
FlyRod
Cmac's burger truck is permanently closing in two weeks.

Apparently he's moving on to another career outside the food industry.
ShinerBlonde
AG
I saw multiple people sharing posts today from
Martin's BBQ stating they are struggling and need customer support. With the recent closures of Clementine's and Saints and Sinners, what local restaurants would you recommend we visit to support that you think might not be getting the foot traffic they deserve? I know mine is TacoBar. Love the staff and the food but since they moved locations it doesn't seem like they are all that busy.
Russell Bradleys Toupee
Food inflation since December 2021 is up over 10%. Wages have not inflated. Guess what gets cut first?
maroon barchetta
FlyRod said:

Cmac's burger truck is permanently closing in two weeks.

Sorry to hear that. He makes an excellent burger.

This summer had to be rough on him. It was too hot for three months straight to be working in that burger trailer.

What's next for him?
maroon barchetta
ShinerBlonde said:

Martin's BBQ stating they are struggling and need customer support. With the recent closures of Clementine's and Saints and Sinners, what local restaurants would you recommend we visit to support that you think might not be getting the foot traffic they deserve? I know mine is TacoBar. Love the staff and the food but since they moved locations it doesn't seem like they are all that busy.

That location is not good. It hasn't worked for anybody.
FlyRod
Taco Bar is excellent and the staff are great. That location has been hit especially hard by the median disaster, alas.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
ShinerBlonde said:

Been seeing this a lot lately. Remnant of Nawlins has shared similar posts the last few days.

I go to Taco Bar every few weeks. I can't say it's busy, but it seems steady.
Tailgate88
AG
Russell Bradleys Toupee said:

Food inflation since December 2021 is up over 10%. Wages have not inflated. Guess what gets cut first?
Only 10%? Because my grocery bill has gone up a hell of a lot more than 10% since December 2021.
Jsimonds58
AG
Remnant is excellent, would be really sad to see them go
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Fargo's is another that has to be struggling. I drove by there at 1215 today and saw 4 vehicles in the parking lot.

But we're straying from the thread topic, so I'll leave it at that.
ShinerBlonde
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

ShinerBlonde said:

Been seeing this a lot lately. Remnant of Nawlins has shared similar posts the last few days.

I go to Taco Bar every few weeks. I can't say it's busy, but it seems steady.

That's good to hear. Last time I went I was the only person there and the previous few times before that there were maybe 2-3 tables with people. I want to see them succeed as well as all the other awesome locall owned spots.
Tailgate88
AG
Chiming in just to say Taco Bar is great, and I hope everyone will go out and support them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.