BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

660,185 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prosper92Ag said:

That's what surprises me most. I'm no expert and hate to second guess, but 6 months doesn't seem long enough to establish a clientele for that kind of restaurant … especially when 3 of those months are during the summer. I'm just really disappointed because it was very good and the kind of unique place we need around here.

I only knew about Clementine because of this forum.

That's part of the problem.
MS08
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Prosper92Ag said:

That's what surprises me most. I'm no expert and hate to second guess, but 6 months doesn't seem long enough to establish a clientele for that kind of restaurant … especially when 3 of those months are during the summer. I'm just really disappointed because it was very good and the kind of unique place we need around here.

Wanted to go. Did not take the chance to do so. I am sure others share the same sentiment. The location is a problem for that type of restaurant. Location is critical. I would venture to say that Maddens shut down for the same reason they are - not enough traffic because of location.
TyHolden
AG
MS08 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Prosper92Ag said:

Wanted to go. Did not take the chance to do so. I am sure others share the same sentiment. The location is a problem for that type of restaurant. Location is critical. I would venture to say that Maddens shut down for the same reason they are - not enough traffic because of location.
this - never knew where it was until recently parking back there. Strange that they are closing on the first Friday of September and first home game weekend.
Dustoff00
AG
We will be headed there tonight to get in one last dine.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
halibut sinclair
Location is fine - Madden's thrived there for many years until Tai took over. We never went to Clementine's after checking out the menu online - just didn't appeal to us. They did need to do more advertising/promotion to let people know they were there.

I do think a lot of Madden's business came from work groups going out to lunch. That dynamic may be dying since covid.
Captn_Ag05
AG
EVAPCO is expanding their presence in BCS

Quote:

A manufacturer of cold storage equipment located just outside the Bryan city limits north of Coulter Field airport is expanding.

That is after Brazos County commissioners approve an economic development agreement to allow EVAPCO to build a $9 million dollar addition that will host a newly acquired Canadian company.

The expansion will create at least 90 full time jobs by the end of 2026 with an average annual salary of at least $65,000 dollars.

The agreement calls for the county to receive for five years, a payment equal to 50 percent of the property taxes associated with the expansion.
For more info: https://wtaw.com/brazos-county-commission-approves-an-economic-development-agreement-for-a-local-manufacturers-expansion/
legalbird
What is the business going next door to the Berkley House on Wellborn? It is small. Maybe 2000 sq ft or less.
techno-ag
AG
Looks like construction west of RELLIS on 21. I presume it's more RELLIS but it is well before the entrance on 21.
TommyBrady
AG
Electric substation and data center
techno-ag
Captn_Ag05
AG
HTea0

https://hteao.com/
legalbird
Wow, tea? I know Dutch Bros is coffee, but that is going to be serious competition. Parking will be tight.
maroon barchetta
legalbird said:

Wow, tea? I know Dutch Bros is coffee, but that is going to be serious competition. Parking will be tight.

Access in and out of there will be a cluster.
Anonymous Source
S
legalbird said:

What is the business going next door to the Berkley House on Wellborn? It is small. Maybe 2000 sq ft or less.
15 additional students will be moving in to that place.
Gig 'Em
EvenPar
AG
maroon barchetta said:

legalbird said:

Access in and out of there will be a cluster.

Yes the drive through will be tight and the parking lot will be a dead end without a turnaround. But it's highly popular!
techno-ag
AG
Bryan area continues to pull in the industry.

https://wtaw.com/brazos-county-commission-approves-an-economic-development-agreement-for-a-local-manufacturers-expansion/

Quote:

A manufacturer of cold storage equipment located just outside the Bryan city limits north of Coulter Field airport is expanding.

That is after Brazos County commissioners approve an economic development agreement to allow EVAPCO to build a $9 million dollar addition that will host a newly acquired Canadian company.

The expansion will create at least 90 full time jobs by the end of 2026 with an average annual salary of at least $65,000 dollars.

Average Joe
AG
HTeaO is delicious!
AggieEMT02
What's going in next to Midas in Texas Ave in CS? Anything specific, or just generic retail shell space/mini strip center?
Maui McQueen
AG
Looks like a couple of strip centers with a potential apartment complex behind it per Oldham Goodwin's site.

https://oldhamgoodwin.com/properties/creek-place-retail-center/

MS08
AG
AggieEMT02 said:

What's going in next to Midas in Texas Ave in CS? Anything specific, or just generic retail shell space/mini strip center?

2-story retail/commercial buildings with multi family in the back. Haven't started multi family yet or planned it out, which should have been done first IMO. Rooftops before Retail.
bcstx06
I guess 2 story retail will be the new thing in BCS. I see it all over Houston. There is one going in on the Bryan side of University Drive also.
TyHolden
AG
so it's not a Texan gas station?
MiMi
S
TyHolden said:

According to KBTX, TXB on University in Bryan had their grand opening today.
TyHolden
AG
MiMi said:

TyHolden said:

not sure that is the same as this place...and some of their locations are really, really obscure. One of these towns has like 100 people in it.

https://thetexanstores.com/locations/
Captn_Ag05
AG
The Texan people own the large lot at 6 and Fitch.
TyHolden
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

The Texan people own the large lot at 6 and Fitch.
oh wow, i thought it was next to the Midas. My kids are not gonna be happy. They love the Little Buccees.
birdman
I've said it before on here but will repeat myself.

I don't understand the fascination with high end gas stations. I see them building Bucees everywhere and knockoffs. But I don't get it.
Rex Racer
AG
TyHolden said:

MiMi said:

TyHolden said:

not sure that is the same as this place...and some of their locations are really, really obscure. One of these towns has like 100 people in it.

https://thetexanstores.com/locations/

Different company. TXB is Texas Born.
halibut sinclair
https://txbstores.com/
BCSWguru
birdman said:

I don't understand the fascination with high end gas stations. I see them building Bucees everywhere and knockoffs. But I don't get it.
well, they typically have fountains that work and gas pumps in order. Been to a former Stripes lately? LOL
Captn_Ag05
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/2023/08/31/grand-opening-txb-promises-upscale-gas-station-experience-guests/
rocketscience
AG
birdman said:

The bathroom smell difference is the biggest seller for me.
maroon barchetta
rocketscience said:

birdman said:

The bathroom smell difference is the biggest seller for me.

From the outside, you can't understand it. From the inside, you can't explain it. [/Beaver Aplin, probably]
FlyRod
Almost tried their tacos on my way back from the Physicians Center this morning.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
birdman said:

I like going into a place where I don't feel I need a shower and a shot of penicillin just because I needed to use the restroom. Similarly, I like feeling safe getting something to eat on the road rather than being concerned I'm about to ingest listeria.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.