BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

660,229 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Soft opening of Nick the Greek on Wellborn. According to their Facebook, they'll be open Saturday and Sunday from 11-7.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The College Station mayor has mentioned some major redevelopment on A&M property behind Century Square a couple of times recently. Any idea what that is referring to? Hensel Park?
TyHolden
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

The College Station mayor has mentioned some major redevelopment on A&M property behind Century Square a couple of times recently. Any idea what that is referring to? Hensel Park?
free parking
Hornbeck
techno-ag said:

rocketscience said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Bones2012 said:

Maui McQueen said:

A height variance request has been submitted for a new development at 203 Church Street in Northgate, next to the Standard. Looks to be 200 feet+. More and more towers coming to Northgate. Interested to see the future of this area. Owned by Rountree Development.

Is there anymore information on this development?
The Zoning adjustment meeting to discuss the variance request is tomorrow night at 6 PM.

http://docarc.cstx.gov/DocArc/DocView.aspx?id=1740852&dbid=0&repo=DOCUMENT-SERVER

It is in person, but there is a zoom link on the agenda I linked if you want to log in and watch.

From the agenda materials:

Quote:

The applicant is proposing a new mixed-use development in Northgate
encompassing four lots on the corner of First Street and Church Avenue.
This building is anticipated to consist of commercial use on the ground floor, with a
parking garage and residential units above which will be similar in character to
other developments in the area. The structure is anticipated to be
approximately 23 stories in height.
The north corner of the building is proposed to sit at 576 feet Above Mean Sea Level (AMSL), the west corner at 576 feet AMSL, the east corner at 576 feet AMSL, and the south corner at 578 feet AMSL.
The highest point of the proposed building is to be at 578 AMSL (or 235 AGL).

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Easterwood Airport Management
have provided support of height up to 578 feet ASML.

Now that the Christian Science building is being used as a leasing office for the Rev, I wonder how much longer until the block bounded by Church, Boyett, First, and Patricia is redeveloped into high-rise student housing.
Bring it. Put all the students in Northgate.

I'd rather have students living in the duplexes and fourplexes in town than some of the folks who have been relocating...
bcstx06
When did Burkes Outlet close? Not that I shopped there, I just noticed it.
MS08
AG
Supposedly turning into a Ross I think.
bcstx06
MS08 said:

Supposedly turning into a Ross I think.

There is already a Ross right up the street from there. Unless they plan to move to that location. I think you are thinking about the Ross going into the old Bealls on Villa Maria.
MS08
AG
Yes, that's the one. Wires crossed.
btonto
Went to the soft opening of Nick the Greek's for lunch today. Outstanding. First of all, it's not Mexican, chicken or BBQ, it's something different. Not that there's anything wrong with those, it's just nice to have a choice. We both got beef/lamb gyros and then got fries & salad to split. Huge portions, good variety on the menu and very nice people. And don't forget dessert when you go. Had the Greek yogurt with baklava and honey which was a perfect finish. Can't wait to go back. OPA!!
AG81
AG
TyHolden said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

free parking

Can't be free parking. Century Square is fundamentally opposed to free parking......which is why I don't go.
toolshed
AG
Free parking in the garage every time I go, and the casual walk around before and after meals or events is nice too.
dilliam
AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

free parking

Can't be free parking. Century Square is fundamentally opposed to free parking......which is why I don't go.
This is a hilarious hill to die on.
FlyRod
https://www.clementinesbcs.com/menu

Opening "early March" in the old Madden's. Menu looks pretty decent.
Captn_Ag05
AG
There is a yet another bank building a branch location. First National Bank of Central Texas is going to build a location next to Gringos.
maroon barchetta
Good grief.
TyHolden
AG
Banks and car washes. Seriously, we are the laundering capital of Texas.
nought
AG
FlyRod said:

https://www.clementinesbcs.com/menu

Opening "early March" in the old Madden's. Menu looks pretty decent.
Wasn't Madden's Clementine's before it was ever Madden's?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Bryan is getting a new Starbucks, located at 910 South Texas Ave. It appears that is where a Rusty Muffler used to be. It is in-between a Taco Bell and Sonic.
AG81
AG
dilliam said:

AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

free parking

Taking my business to places that don't charge for parking, which is everywhere else in B/CS is "dying on a hill". That doesn't mean what you think it means. You want to give Midway your money, your choice. I am making a different choice.
bcstx06
AG81 said:

dilliam said:

AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

free parking

Taking my business to places that don't charge for parking, which is everywhere else in B/CS is "dying on a hill". That doesn't mean what you think it means. You want to give Midway your money, your choice. I am making a different choice.

The parking garage offers free parking. I prefer denser developments like Century Square to the typical suburban shopping center with a sea of parking.
AggiePhil
AG
Tanked Up Nutrition smoothie shop appears to have closed.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
AggiePhil said:

Tanked Up Nutrition smoothie shop appears to have closed.
Google says temporarily. I'm pretty sure I saw a post recently about a temporary closure, but I can't remember where. My wife loves that place.
AggiePhil
AG
Says permanently on my end.
ratfacemcdougal
Qualify Suites is finally open again
FlyRod
Vegan taco truck, "Green Taco," opened on Longmire.

Edit: NOT a "vegan taco truck," they just have vegan versions of the regular ones.

Don't hate the messenger.
BCSLocal01
Ok very interesting, do you have more info on this taco truck?
FlyRod
2201 Longmire is address. I think I saw a Yelp review that had a few pics too.
Tailgate88
AG
BCSLocal01 said:

Ok very interesting, do you have more info on this taco truck?
They have a Facebook page.
PS3D
ratfacemcdougal said:

Qualify Suites is finally open again

Google still says closed, nor does it appear on Choice Hotel's website.
ratfacemcdougal
Just saw that it is now it is Wingate.
Captn_Ag05
AG
A place called Southern Ice Cream is opening on Monday in Bryan. 3601 E. 29th.
rptsAg03
I saw our Tuesday Morning is on the "slated to close" list
agman845
Does anyone know what are the business coming to the shopping centers across Tower Point HEB? By the new Shogun and next to the car wash place?
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Smoothie place like the one that just opened on University, and I believe Chef Cao's is relocating there since they're the last business that hasn't moved out of HEB.
TyHolden
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

Smoothie place like the one that just opened on University, and I believe Chef Cao's is relocating there since they're the last business that hasn't moved out of HEB.
What is the plan for that HEB?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.