BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,559 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Russell Bradleys Toupee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Roxie146 said:

And CoCs needs to do something about the flooding that area causes - the area behind Albertsons acts as a basin which then empties into Pin Oak Creek

Water drains from Cooner, Tarrow and Arquello, Chimney Hill all behind Albertsons.
It can probably be diverted into Bryan.
AggiePhil
AG
Your understanding is correct. Been in the works for many years.
Roxie146
It already is-
Mister Shipwreck
Maybe I missed it - but I looked on this thread and didn't see anything listed...

2 places... Wonder what they will be.

- The back 1/2 of the old Sears building is being reworked. Any idea what this is going to be? Conns never took over the entire building.

- And, what is going in next to the old police station building on Texas Ave?
maroon barchetta
Mister Shipwreck said:

Maybe I missed it - but I looked on this thread and didn't see anything listed...

- The back 1/2 of the old Sears building is being reworked. Any idea what this is going to be? Conns never took over the entire building.

You asking about the big project by MIDAS? I'm curious about that one too.
maroon barchetta
I thought I saw a sign on the Hwy 6 feeder just before you get to Gringo's that points to a project that will be the home of another bank.

Please tell me we aren't getting another bank.
AggiePhil
AG
It's another bank.
MS08
AG
Yes, First National Bank of Central Texas.
They office in one of the Mills Park office condos right now but are not a full service branch yet.
maroon barchetta
Why
Visor
AG
Unreal haha
MS08
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Mister Shipwreck said:

2 story retail buildings with proposed multi family in the back.
PS3D
Murdoch's Home & Ranch is going in Sears' other half
AggiePhil
AG
MS08 said:

They office in one of the Mills Park office condos right now

"Office" is not a verb.
Captn_Ag05
AG
MS08 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Mister Shipwreck said:

The leasing flyer for this development.

https://d3k1yame0apvip.cloudfront.net/v2/client-10/cac64fd0c57bddd/Creek_Place_Retail___Leasing_Flyer.pdf
maroon barchetta
Is this legit???

JMac03
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Is this legit???

Yes. It isn't fancy. They may get up on the side of the table, etc. Not sure if you have been to A+ Foot Massage but it's a step up IMO. I go here when I want something quick and something in the evening. But just know it's different style than going to a nice place.
GSS
PS3D said:

Murdoch's Home & Ranch is going in Sears' other half
https://www.murdochs.com/stores/college-station/
NRA Life
TSRA Life
toolshed
AG
The wife and I went a year ago or so. We laughed going in not sure what we were signing up for. Signs on the door saying "Don't ask for a happy ending" or some such phrase. We almost turned around but didn't.

The massage: foot work was good. She said it was better than the little massage she gets with a pedicure. Ours basically was feet and legs and then shoulders and head, face, temples area.
AG81
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

MS08 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Mister Shipwreck said:

https://d3k1yame0apvip.cloudfront.net/v2/client-10/cac64fd0c57bddd/Creek_Place_Retail___Leasing_Flyer.pdf

Are they going to charge for parking?
Txmoe
AG
AG81 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

MS08 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Mister Shipwreck said:

Ah, the classics never go out of style!
Captn_Ag05
AG
AG81 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

MS08 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Mister Shipwreck said:

Is it located directly across from A&M where students would want to park for class? If not, I would say no. I'd also say they stores and restaurants will be nowhere near as nice as those at Century Square. This development will likely be a nail place, check cashing place, and if we are lucky a dental office.

Can we move on from the parking at Century Square?
Jsimonds58
AG
Some of the folks here will never stop whining about that
Txmoe
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

AG81 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

MS08 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Mister Shipwreck said:

Is it located directly across from A&M where students would want to park for class? If not, I would say no. I'd also say they stores and restaurants will be nowhere near as nice as those at Century Square. This development will likely be a nail place, check cashing place, and if we are lucky a dental office.

Can we move on from the parking at Century Square?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I assumed this topic has become a running joke. Or at the very least, something people bring up just to stir the pot.
soccerboi710
100% legit. My wife has gone in 4 times to get massages done there and comes out feeling relaxed. Another lady i talked to in the waiting room said she goes several times a month so it must be good haha
maroon barchetta
I was just curious because I had that ad show up on FB but had never seen mention of that business on this board, or glossed over it if it was mentioned.
Rex Racer
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I was just curious because I had that ad show up on FB but had never seen mention of that business on this board, or glossed over it if it was mentioned.
They have had a location near the HEB on Villa Maria and Texas for quite some time.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I love reflexology. Will have to check them out.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I've been. Told them feet/below the knee only. It was pretty good.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Roni's Mac Bar (https://ronismacbar.com/) announced they are opening a location in College Station. They didn't say location, but since the first location in Waco is in the Union food hall, which is the same developer as the food hall coming to CS, I am going to guess it will be there.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I was curious if the Rally House going into Post Oak Mall was replacing the location at Texas/Bush, but apparently it is a second location.

Quote:

Rally House is a leading national sports and merchandise retailer aiming to strengthen its connection with College Station, TX, by adding a second store to this bustling college town. Rally House Post Oak Mall will arrive in the fall of 2023, bringing an expansive selection of college apparel, pro team gear, and local merchandise. Students and residents will also appreciate the many excellent job openings coming with this new Rally House store inside the Post Oak Mall shopping center.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/rally-house-plans-second-college-154200002.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADbNSCa94ZSxtffLjGmQ6jMlVnOvITMBzx_0bZ9b0CYyxIBDQHmrzgqtbi6T2JGFJlks5KdmQwsjaATmO6SmIrFI3AK7dfpAuN5Pe6zWkOJNQcpNhGsDvnDE_w8Iyon9r6wJ19luaRBfBn9h24FnJoEsa_FOeOcUHtnB6ydUGNv-
Captn_Ag05
AG
It looks like Wonderland Indoor Playground opened to the public on August 8th.

https://aggieland.bigdealsmedia.net/advertiser/32343/wonderland-indoor-playground
dogowner
It's just the one guy. it's sad.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Anchor Bar received their TDLR licensing for their renovations of the old Carino's location. Around 400K in renovations and set to be completed around Thanksgiving.
FlyRod
Friend said Tanaka Ramen has closed. I can find no confirmation of this online. I hope not as it's one of my go-to places.
Captn_Ag05
AG
lockett93 said:

Per BCAD COCS still owns the property. So I'm guessing Levcor didnt complete the acquisition.

https://esearch.brazoscad.org/Property/View/441820
I wonder what happened here. I figured with Costco next door, this would be a hot property.

Actually, it looks like it is being actively marketed for lease options by Oldham Goodwin and with Levcor as the developer.

https://d3k1yame0apvip.cloudfront.net/v2/client-10/88d3d0d6b82aa47/2023_Update___Hwy_6_Corporate_Pkwy___Midtown_Park__Levcor____Leasing_Flyer.pdf

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.