BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

660,315 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
halibut sinclair said:

There's some activity going on in the vacant lot next to Olive Garden.

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/06/02/coming-soon-miniature-golf-course-in-college-station/
TyHolden
AG
bcstx06 said:

halibut sinclair said:

There's some activity going on in the vacant lot next to Olive Garden.

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/06/02/coming-soon-miniature-golf-course-in-college-station/
That will make for a nice little Saturday after Home Depot, Olive Garden, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond....

Might even have to visit the old frat house afterward.....

Captn_Ag05
AG
Does anyone know if Lone Star Southern Grill out of Brenham is still planning to build a location in front of Academy in CS? Seems like it's been a year or two since they was first announced.
Chris98
AG
Varsity Grill House is going to be built in front of Academy
Captn_Ag05
AG
Awesome, glad it's still proceeding!
MiMi
S
The 2nd Nick the Greek location opens tomorrow (on University Dr in the old Fox and Hound). Free lunch from 11-2:30pm.
AggiePhil
AG
I thought that became Capriotti's.
Hittag1492
AG
AggiePhil said:

That space got broken up into a few different businesses.
MiMi
S
Hittag1492 said:

AggiePhil said:

That space got broken up into a few different businesses.

Yep, it's next door to Capriotti's.
Captn_Ag05
AG
HEB submitted their Tower Point expansion plans to TDLR. It will be around a 7,000 sq ft expansion. Work is set to begin over the summer and be completed in November 2024. The estimated cost of the expansion and remodel is $25.3 million. That dollar amount really surprised me.
BiochemAg97
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

HEB submitted their Tower Point expansion plans to TDLR. It will be around a 7,000 sq ft expansion. Work is set to begin over the summer and be completed in November 2024. The estimated cost of the expansion and remodel is $25.3 million. That dollar amount really surprised me.

Wow. I assume the expansion is 7000 sqft of new space and then the cost to remodel all the vacated space currently there. With that price, I assume the remodel would include replacing all the freezer and refrigeration space and other appliances.

The just replaced all the cold space in the Tejas Center store.
rocketscience
AG
https://wtaw.com/college-station-mayor-john-nichols-on-wtaw-6/

Mayor Nichols mentions another student housing project in Northgate is likely to start soon, he also says the city and A&M are working through negotiations for the Macy's building.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Did he mention if the toilets will flush?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Bryan is getting a Salad and Go. It will be at the corner of Texas and Elm (across from Tejas Center).

Site plans were previously submitted for a College Station location where the now-closed Kettle was.
bcstx06
It's going where the smoke shop was that recently moved down the street. The building will be torn down.

Also Douglas is building a Mitsubishi dealership next to its VW dealership.

Many housing and apartment developments in this weeks agenda for Bryan.

And a revised request to rezone land between Briarcrest and University along the Hwy 6 feeder road from agriculture to mixed use development.
" Revised request to rezone 93.95 acres from Agricultural Open District (A-O) to Planned Development Mixed Use District (PD-M) for a potential multi-use development along the northbound frontage road of North Earl Rudder Freeway (SH 6) near Briarcrest Drive."
AggiePhil
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Bryan is getting a Salad and Go. It will be at the corner of Texas and Elm (across from Tejas Center).

Site plans were previously submitted for a College Station location where the now-closed Kettle was.

So one isn't coming to College Station after all??
PS3D
AggiePhil said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

So one isn't coming to College Station after all??

It's not some destination restaurant that the market can't support two of, give it time.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Sorry if my post wasn't clear that this is in addition to the CS location. If it does well in the market, I wouldn't be surprised to see another one or two locations open.
AggieBuck02
AG
Over the past couple days I ate at The Station and Capriottis. Both were excellent.

Station-
Started with brisket queso. Just go ahead and chug the whole cup. After you mix the brisket to the bottom you have to dig which just means more cheese! So good.
I had the brisket Philly cheesesteak w/ fries. Sandwich was hot, loaded with meat, and melted cheese all over. Fries were great to. Fresh and just the right mix of salt, crisp and grease!
Friend had the bbq chicken sandwich. It was overflowing with chicken. So much so he had to eat with a fork til he could put the bun on.
Also had a margarita and it was great.

Capriottis-
Had the hot Bobby. Oh man. Thanksgiving on a bun. I just had the medium and it was enough to take home half if it hadn't been so good.
Friend had hot Italian and it was loaded down as well. Looked amazing. She said it was great.
Staff was great. Answered questions, gave suggestions, and very friendly!

I'll be back to both!
maroon barchetta
The Bobby.

Their version of The Moistmaker from "Friends".
TommyBrady
AG
SIAP looks like Viasat building at the Bio Corridor is up for lease. Haven't seen more than a few cars over there since Covid.
KidDoc
AG
AggieBuck02 said:

Over the past couple days I ate at The Station and Capriottis. Both were excellent.

Station-
Started with brisket queso. Just go ahead and chug the whole cup. After you mix the brisket to the bottom you have to dig which just means more cheese! So good.
I had the brisket Philly cheesesteak w/ fries. Sandwich was hot, loaded with meat, and melted cheese all over. Fries were great to. Fresh and just the right mix of salt, crisp and grease!
Friend had the bbq chicken sandwich. It was overflowing with chicken. So much so he had to eat with a fork til he could put the bun on.
Also had a margarita and it was great.

Capriottis-
Had the hot Bobby. Oh man. Thanksgiving on a bun. I just had the medium and it was enough to take home half if it hadn't been so good.
Friend had hot Italian and it was loaded down as well. Looked amazing. She said it was great.
Staff was great. Answered questions, gave suggestions, and very friendly!

I'll be back to both!
Where is the Station? Tried google.but with such a generic name I couldn't find it
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
It's on 29th near Hollow Hill. Right across from cubby hole storage. It's in the building where that old sketchy convenience store was.

The actual name is The Station on 29th
BwdAg
AG
New signage at 2818 and F &B road for "1912". Any ideas?
Marooned_n_Aggieland
BwdAg said:

Based on local social media history, this will be a new BBQ trailer that will slowly get embroiled (low and slow that is) in a fight over the use of the four numbers and who claimed them first.

TyHolden
AG
BwdAg said:

One Louder
AG
Uptown Brunch is outstanding! I had the St. Charles Ave and Kiddoc had a Bayou Street. The crab cakes and fried asparagus were absolutely delicious and the fried eggs were perfectly cooked. Very generous portions. Highly recommend!
Hittag1492
AG
TyHolden said:

BwdAg said:

Real estate development company out of Houston? Although I like your ideas better and I really have no actual idea or insight myself.
maroon barchetta
First pic leads me to believe it will be a shaved ice or sno-cone trailer.
TyHolden
AG
maroon barchetta said:

First pic leads me to believe it will be a shaved ice or sno-cone trailer.
penguin sandwiches?
killer whale steaks?
baby seal soup?
fried albatross wings?

endless possibilities
ChampsAg
Used to be the Big Dawg food truck
J182
AG
Not sure if it's been posted, but looks like another Mad Taco offshoot coming: Mad Piez.

https://www.facebook.com/madpieztx?mibextid=LQQJ4d
👽
Visor
AG
Any rumors on what will be going in yet?
aggies4life
AG
He needs to do an offshoot fajita thingy….that beef fajita meat is awesome at mad taco…
phillytex24
TyHolden said:

BwdAg said:

I've just realized Nabisco, was an abbreviation for the National Biscuit Company!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.