BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,989 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

The Poche's Seafood that was discussed on here before is going in at 3004 Holleman Drive (corner of Holleman and Harvey Mitchell). Building image below.

This is the new one Tom from Napa and his partners are doing? And is it going to be a market as well as restaurant? Pretty excited about this place.
I believe it was posted previously that it is the owner of 1869 Italia that is behind this project?
Captn_Ag05
AG
The name indicates both a restaurant and store. But, the space they leased is just 3,900 square feet, so it will be interesting to see how it is laid out.
Tailgate88
AG
MiMi said:

Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

The Poche's Seafood that was discussed on here before is going in at 3004 Holleman Drive (corner of Holleman and Harvey Mitchell). Building image below.

This is the new one Tom from Napa and his partners are doing? And is it going to be a market as well as restaurant? Pretty excited about this place.
I believe it was posted previously that it is the owner of 1869 Italia that is behind this project?
I believe Tom & Tony from Napa Flats et al partnered with the chef at 1860 Italia.... so yes I think it is the same team. Exciting!
AggiePhil
AG
Tailgate88 said:

MiMi said:

Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

I believe Tom & Tony from Napa Flats et al partnered with the chef at 1860 Italia.... so yes I think it is the same team. Exciting!

1860 is Johnny, John Slocum, and maybe another guy. The Little Pig is Johnny and the Napa Flats guy. I believe the seafood place is also Johnny and the Napa Flats guy.
bcstx06
7 Brew Coffee is building a location on E Villa Maria near the Walgreens. It looks like a Dutch Bros competitor. https://7brew.com/
Captn_Ag05
AG
bcstx06 said:

7 Brew Coffee is building a location on E Villa Maria near the Walgreens. It looks like a Dutch Bros competitor. https://7brew.com/

They are also building a location on Fitch, or at least had plans to about six to nine months ago.
Jsimonds58
AG
Ran logistics for them for a bit, really great company. Excited to see them expanding here!
ratfacemcdougal
PS3D said:

althormoon said:

Might have missed the post but So Fly chicken is closed. Apparently someone bought the building. They weren't open very long.

Yeah; A&C said it was an offer they couldn't refuse.
My best guess is Taco Bell. They were going to build north of Rock Prairie, but they sold that property. I posted that to A&C with no response, so it is probably a good guess.
Captn_Ag05
AG
A "new, independent bookstore" called Hyperbole, is going into one of the spaces in the new development at 1275 Arrington.
trouble
AG
Myself and another poster on this thread had lunch at Clementine's Kitchen today and everything was incredibly good
Captn_Ag05
AG
Pot heads plant shop near downtown Bryan opens on 3/21.

Should have waited until April 20.
BQ_90
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Pot heads plant shop near downtown Bryan opens on 3/21.

Should have waited until April 20.
I bet the first week they will have some disappointed customers
Slagathor
AG
Nvm, thinking of the Walgreens at Briarcrest/29th.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Urban Bird Hot Chicken going in at Jones Crossing

https://www.urbanbirdhotchicken.com/
BQ_90
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Urban Bird Hot Chicken going in at Jones Crossing

https://www.urbanbirdhotchicken.com/
is this pretty much like the place on Texas ave
toolshed
AG
Or Cookshack?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Dollar Tree going in near west Bryan Walmart (1642 West Villa Maria Road).
Construction on this Dollar Tree is set to start next month and be completed in September.
Captn_Ag05
AG
A couple of images of the next phase of Century Square being built right along University.

AggiePhil
AG
Looks just like the other ones!
BQ_90
AG
AggiePhil said:

Looks just like the other ones!
with the same limited parking
dilliam
I'm sure the developer knows exactly how many spots they need. Personally, I prefer not having a football field sized parking lot in front of every store and restaurant.
TyHolden
AG
where is that in relation to the current stores?
maroon barchetta
Should be that current green space in front of Hopdoddy.
BQ_90
AG
dilliam said:

I'm sure the developer knows exactly how many spots they need. Personally, I prefer not having a football field sized parking lot in front of every store and restaurant.
Yes because the only option is limited parking or football field sized parking.

NOTHING IN BETWEEN
PS3D
"Masa Sushi" is coming to the old Luby's/Cafe Eccell/Public & Main. The large size means it might also be one of those sushi bar/nightclubs.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I wonder if it is connected to the one in Friendswood.
toolshed
AG
I noticed some cleared brush and beginnings of a slab pad between the new bank and Gladneys on 2818 at the 6 feeder. Has that spot been mentioned?
TyHolden
AG
I don't know but that bank is beautiful. Maybe our best one yet. Tons of drive through space. I bet there will be at least 5-10 cars there a day. Every bank in town will envy that one. It's an architectural masterpiece.
bcstx06
I know right! Building big banks like that in the year 2023 is kinda strange and old fashioned.
UmustBKidding
There is supposed to be some level 3 charging stations over in that area. Maybe related.
TyHolden
AG
UmustBKidding said:

There is supposed to be some level 3 charging stations over in that area. Maybe related.

As much room as there is around the bank, why couldn't they just add some charging stations? Couple gas pumps? Maybe sell some candy and booze outside as well.
Hornbeck
BQ_90 said:

dilliam said:

Yes because the only option is limited parking or football field sized parking.

NOTHING IN BETWEEN

In the two named city, that's enforced by them. Must have so many parking spaces, etc. Friend of mine is thinking of starting a business, and many places don't have the necessary parking spaces to get an occupancy permit without variance, is what he was telling me.
toolshed
AG
Is A&M expanding their retention pond area off the polo fields at the main entrance, or doing something else? I noticed fences up today and an excavator and bulldozer out there. I haven't driven that part of Texas in a while and haven't paid attention. I can't imagine buildings going in there.
maroon barchetta
Atmos is supposedly upgrading a natural gas line there and along Lincoln.
halibut sinclair
There's some activity going on in the vacant lot next to Olive Garden.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.