BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,552 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not as far as I know. They seem to be in need of business though so I'm sure they are just trying to get people through the doors.
bcstx06
bushytailed said:

After years of speculation, Rusty announced a new HEB for the corner of Briarcrest and Booneville:

" A new $33 million HEB store and residential development is coming to the southeast corner of Briarcrest and Boonville Rd in Bryan. The only timeline we have is that it has to happen within 7 years if the developer wants to be reimbursed nearly $1 million by the city for infrastructure-related costs."

Within 7 years? That is too large of a time line. Should have been given 2-3 years at most. Either way, good to see HEB in East Bryan.
Broncos
maroon barchetta said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Capriottis will honor Mad Taco gift cards

Ya'll need to try the HOT Turkey Bobbie

Is Capriotti's a Madden venture?
No, they are not.
BCSWguru
bcstx06 said:

bushytailed said:

After years of speculation, Rusty announced a new HEB for the corner of Briarcrest and Booneville:

" A new $33 million HEB store and residential development is coming to the southeast corner of Briarcrest and Boonville Rd in Bryan. The only timeline we have is that it has to happen within 7 years if the developer wants to be reimbursed nearly $1 million by the city for infrastructure-related costs."

Within 7 years? That is too large of a time line. Should have been given 2-3 years at most. Either way, good to see HEB in East Bryan.
Needs a WB next to it
sirhc
AG
Rusty just corrected his original report - said its a "tad east" of the original reported location, across from Miramont
lawless89
sirhc said:

Rusty just corrected his original report - said its a "tad east" of the original reported location, across from Miramont

Makes more sense. I wish it would've been further south on Boonville between Harvey and University, but glad it is coming to the east side of town!

Anyone know what's going on where they are clearing next to Christopher's? Hopefully not more apartments.
techno-ag
AG
sirhc said:

IOW, "behind Target."
TyHolden
AG
Capriotti's is a chain....
sirhc
AG
someone told me retail space, but i havent seen confirmation
Thisguy1
The light at Green Valley/Briarcrest is going to be awfully close to the one at Briarcrest/Boonville. Traffic there in the mornings and at 5 is going to be a nightmare.
Rapier108
Thisguy1 said:

The light at Green Valley/Briarcrest is going to be awfully close to the one at Briarcrest/Boonville. Traffic there in the mornings and at 5 is going to be a nightmare.
Already is.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
Quote:

I wish it would've been further south on Boonville between Harvey and University
Same here. Won't be that much more convenient for me so will probably keep going where I do now.

And it ends up being a Central Market like the KBTX report says, than I'll pass.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MsDoubleD81
AG
TyHolden said:

Wasn't that impressed with Capriotti's. Like Jersey Mike's cheesesteak better.
MiMi
S
MsDoubleD81 said:

TyHolden said:

Wasn't that impressed with Capriotti's. Like Jersey Mike's cheesesteak better.

Went once. It was just OK. But I really wanted to smuggle out the bottle of Franks RedHot 'Dill Pickle' Hot Sauce they had on their condiment bar.
EBrazosAg
AG
That's a coordination fallacy. If synched correctly it won't make a difference. Further apart than you think.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChampsAg
I go that way daily and see people turn into Miramont but I can't recall seeing anyone come out. Not sure the need for a light unless it's in anticipation of HEB.
meinkee
Probably a left/right turn only with the infamous ( but stylish) concrete median to keep the grocery shoppers from going into the subdivision.
GrogsBane
East of Christophers, right across Pendelton is zoned for Commercial/Mixed Use. Not sure what is going there yet. Behind that commercial zoning will be more houses in Oakmont which you can see here:

https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/SDRC/2023%20SDRC/12-05-2023/FP23-40,%20Oakmont%20Ph%207,%2012-05-23.pdf

In regards to apartments, I think this is located at Copperfield and Boonville unfortunately.

https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/SDRC/2023%20SDRC/12-12-2023/RZ24-03,%204251%20Boonville%20Rd,%2012-12-23.pdf
Don't Eat The Bugs
tb9665
Found this for the new HEB, it shows some of the site plans. Interestingly it just says proposed grocery store and nothing about an HEB. But, the company does work with HEB by the website.

https://propertycommerce.com/wp-content/uploads/Boonville-Bryan.pdf
chloelee
In the strip center where Chubbie's, Mr Hamburger are located, a sign is up for Mi Tierra mexican food.
woodiewood1
What was in the imperial chinese building first?
Expert Analysis
AG
Tony Roma's
halibut sinclair
Expert Analysis said:

Tony Roma's

We used to love going there for drinks and appetizers in the bar.
bushytailed
AG
chloelee said:

In the strip center where Chubbie's, Mr Hamburger are located, a sign is up for Mi Tierra mexican food.

Tortilleria Mi Tierra!
A friend of mine owns this. The original location is on WJB just north of downtown and there is a second location in Caldwell. This is the type of place where you buy fresh corn tortillas by the stack. So good!
MiMi
S
bushytailed said:

chloelee said:

Tortilleria Mi Tierra!
A friend of mine owns this. The original location is on WJB just north of downtown and there is a second location in Caldwell. This is the type of place where you buy fresh corn tortillas by the stack. So good!

Is the new location going to be a restaurant or a tortilla shop?
bushytailed
AG
MiMi said:

bushytailed said:

chloelee said:

Tortilleria Mi Tierra!

Is the new location going to be a restaurant or a tortilla shop?

The original location sells food to-go but there's no place inside to eat. Not sure about Caldwell or this new location.
alfordjo
AG
Have not been to BCS since 2018 and, oh my, has it changed! What happened to Abuelos? I thought it was pretty good and enjoyed it. Yes, there are more authentic Mexican places, but I wonder what happened.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
alfordjo said:

Have not been to BCS since 2018 and, oh my, has it changed! What happened to Abuelos? I thought it was pretty good and enjoyed it. Yes, there are more authentic Mexican places, but I wonder what happened.

They had a lot of issues throughout their chain. The college station location was one of the better ones. But I'm sure their lease expired or was close and that combined with COVID just made them decide to close it.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
alfordjo said:

COVID victim.
bushytailed
AG
alfordjo said:

It closed in March 2020, just before Covid shut everything down.
localag242
Yes I have been under a rock but you must get thee to Frittella's. Amazing food and great staff.
halibut sinclair
localag242 said:

Yes I have been under a rock but you must get thee to Frittella's. Amazing food and great staff.
Frittella (no possessive) is amazing. Went there recently and the food was excellent. Service was also great.
maroon barchetta
halibut sinclair said:

localag242 said:

Frittella (no possessive) is amazing. Went there recently and the food was excellent. Service was also great.

Fritella's
Kroger's
Buc-ee's's
McDonald's
Hornbeck
Mooyah's
Whataburger's
Weinerschnitzel's
Garhett_W
AG
Fuego's

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.