BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,750 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
halibut sinclair said:

They have beer?

Full bar
halibut sinclair
Is it sit down or order at a counter?
KidDoc
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

https://pochesseafoodshoppeandrestaurant.com/

3004 Holleman (Holleman and Harvey Mitchell)
Stopped by after the game and the manager said it is a soft opening right now and the meat market is not yet stocked. We are going to hit them up after church tomorrow.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
quantumleap
Anyone heard anything about a Mr. Gatti's location coming to College Station??

I happened to be on their website and saw that they showed a location "coming soon!" on their Locations page: https://mrgattispizza.com/homepage/locations/

I also see from a search that there used to be a location here at some point, which Yelp shows as closed (address was listed as 2026 Texas Ave S.).

I guess it's not heard of for a location to close, and then it to come back again, but still seems odd for sure!

snaglepuss
quantumleap said:

I happened to be on their website and saw that they showed a location "coming soon!" on their Locations page: https://mrgattispizza.com/homepage/locations/

I also see from a search that there used to be a location here at some point, which Yelp shows as closed (address was listed as 2026 Texas Ave S.).

I guess it's not heard of for a location to close, and then it to come back again, but still seems odd for sure!

I love Mr. Gattis!
Rex Racer
AG
quantumleap said:

We had both a Gattiland and a Gattitown back in the day, but one right after the other. Different locations.
KidDoc
AG
KidDoc said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Stopped by after the game and the manager said it is a soft opening right now and the meat market is not yet stocked. We are going to hit them up after church tomorrow.
Stopped by a bit after 12 and they were closed. Not an impressive start.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
b0ridi
KidDoc said:

KidDoc said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

"5pm - 10pm Daily"
quantumleap
snaglepuss said:

I love Mr. Gattis!
I do as well, and would welcome their return! I especially loved the unique taste of their dough, and their cinnamon sticks desert option (from the buffet, of course)!!
quantumleap
Rex Racer said:

We had both a Gattiland and a Gattitown back in the day, but one right after the other. Different locations.

Interesting, I didn't realize that there had been so many Gatti iterations here in B/CS over the years!
Tailgate88
AG
KidDoc said:

KidDoc said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

hijakeroo123
AG
snaglepuss said:

quantumleap said:

I love Mr. Gattis!
Don't get your hopes up. I have fond memories of Mr. Gatti's from growing up, particularly the Gattiland/Gattitown locations. However, over the past five years, they made a big push into DFW with new locations, many of which have since closed. I have been forced to eat their pizza on multiple locations (work lunches, etc.), and it is nothing like the Gatti's of old. Hopefully the franchise owner for BCS goes old school with the recipe.
halibut sinclair
quantumleap said:

Rex Racer said:

Interesting, I didn't realize that there had been so many Gatti iterations here in B/CS over the years!

There were also 2 regular Mr. Gatti's- 2 story restaurants with draft beer and bIg screen projection tv's. One in Bryan and one in CS.
Dumbfounded
There was one at the NW corner of University and College Ave (where the IHOP and Schlotzsky's are). Frequented w my wife (girlfriend) in the late 70's early 80's. Loved their Mr Gatti's Sampler w 1/2 jalapeño's.

Added bonus, although we didn't know who he was at the time, was listening to Lyle Lovett. He referenced playing there at his show in February at Rudder.
JMac03
AG
I remember Gatti's in Bryan somewhere near either Brazos Bingo or Planet Fitness. It closed at the same time (or close to it) and opened where DSW is. I was always shocked it closed. I wonder if it was more mis-management and not not enough business because they seemed fairly busy when we went.
Thisguy1
It was where Planet Fitness is. It was the birthday party and summer camp field trip hot spot growing up.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Kyuramen is going in the Chimney Hill building behind the one where snooze and Five Guys is located. Most of their locations are in NY and NJ, but this will be their third in Texas. The buildout is expected to be complete in May.

https://www.kyuramen.com/about

Captn_Ag05
AG
Also, on the main page, Clemintines can be moved from coming soon to recently closed and Mr. Hamburger can be be moved from recently closed to coming soon.
halibut sinclair
Captn_Ag05 said:

Also, on the main page, Clemintines can be moved from coming soon to recently closed and Mr. Hamburger can be be moved from recently closed to coming soon.
Mr. Hamburger is open.
One Louder
AG
b0ridi said:

KidDoc said:

KidDoc said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

"5pm - 10pm Daily"

We took the word of the guy who was working there on Saturday who said they would be open for lunch on Sunday.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I saw some pictures of the food at Poche's on Facebook. It all looked good!
Studro8355
Does anyone know what the current status on Las Palapas is? Is it shut down permanently or just temporary until new management steps forward?
PS3D
JMac03 said:

I remember Gatti's in Bryan somewhere near either Brazos Bingo or Planet Fitness. It closed at the same time (or close to it) and opened where DSW is. I was always shocked it closed. I wonder if it was more mis-management and not not enough business because they seemed fairly busy when we went.
Gattiland in Bryan did decline.

Sometime around 2000-ish, there was a newspaper article where some rowdies damaged a bunch of games, some of them didn't work quite right after that...there was a bumper car that was taken out of commission at some point...and the giant playground in the corner was eventually dismantled before the closure (and didn't reappear at Gattitown).

Anyway, by the time it closed it was already looking run-down despite being only being about 7 years old or so.
halibut sinclair
Reveille on the Rooftop Bar is open at the Hilton, says Rusty.
AgTrip
Went to Poche's last night for dinner. The place looks very nice inside. For some reason, I thought I heard someone say it would be a walk-up counter-type restaurant. It is sit down and had a nice atmosphere. It isn't big at all, has a nice bar and big screen TVs on the wall. The menu was still a work in progress but what was available we loved.

Got creole chicken stuffed jalapenos as an appetizer. They came in order of 3 and were really good. I got a fried shrimp po-boy and my son got a fried oyster po-boy. They were cut in half so we split. The fries were good and the po-boys were good. We agreed the shrimp was the better. My wife got shrimp creole. It was a good portioned bowl served on rice. The flavor was great and the okra in it was delicious. My other son got the crawfish etouffee. He loved it and it was a nice portion as well. He cleaned his plate.

All 4 entrees and one app, 4 waters cost about $90 so it is pricy but it is good seafood so we expected it. I would wait a bit to let them get their menu worked out but will definitely be back.
FlyRod
So will Poche's have a meat market, seafood market, or both? Or neither?
LastHamlet
AG
Cornmeal batter on the fried shrimp?
KidDoc
AG
FlyRod said:

When I stopped by Saturday they said they are currently a soft opening but the meat display fridge was there just still empty.
AgTrip
LastHamlet said:

Cornmeal batter on the fried shrimp?
The batter was very good. I think it could be a mixture of both flour and corn. Was very crisp. The buns were buttered and hot for the po-boys.
AgTrip
KidDoc said:

FlyRod said:

When I stopped by Saturday they said they are currently a soft opening but the meat display fridge was there just still empty.
That fridge is right at the hostess stand and I don't know how much of a market this would be. My guess is they'll display "catch of the day" and other fresh items here. I don't really see people coming in to buy seafood to take home here. I could be wrong.
AggiePhil
AG
Oof! $90 dinner will be a no-go for us!
techno-ag
AG
AggiePhil said:

Agreed. Seems a little steep for poboys. We'll stick with Razoos I think.
Rex Racer
AG
techno-ag said:

AggiePhil said:

Also had an app, shrimp creole, and crawfish etouffee. Not just po-boys.
trouble
AG
Seems a pretty good price for fresh seafood to me.
Dustoff00
AG
techno-ag said:

AggiePhil said:

Keep in mind you will still be getting Razoos level food quality for the lower price you seek.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.