BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,622 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure if this was posted, but a thrift boutique called Stage Left opened in downtown Bryan earlier this month. Proceeds from sales benefit victims of human trafficking.

The boutique was started by the wife of country singer Cody Johnson, along with the wives of Johnson's band members.

AggiePhil
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Salad and Go in CS is open.

Slow going but it is opening week. Will wait a while before going back.
AggieCVQ
Went, was pretty good and not too pricey.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I know it is a salad place, but I recommend trying their breakfast burritos. The traditional is my favorite. That and a cold brew coffee is only like $5, which is a good deal.
JMac03
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I know it is a salad place, but I recommend trying their breakfast burritos. The traditional is my favorite. That and a cold brew coffee is only like $5, which is a good deal.

I would have never guessed they would've had breakfast. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow.
Captn_Ag05
AG

AggiePhil
AG
AggieCVQ said:

I thought the same. Only complaint was the wait time, which comes with the territory and will probably improve. But yeah, $7.50 for a HUGE salad with an extra packet of dressing. Excellent deal, especially these days.
AggieCVQ
Oh yeah, I chalked it up to new business. If it's that slow all the time, probably won't frequent.
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Pretty good prices.
TyHolden
AG
AggiePhil said:

AggieCVQ said:

I thought the same. Only complaint was the wait time, which comes with the territory and will probably improve. But yeah, $7.50 for a HUGE salad with an extra packet of dressing. Excellent deal, especially these days.
did you try the app? curious if they are actually using it yet. there is one.
jja79
AG
They'll work it out. They have this business model figured out. The founders are from Maine and they have a lobster place adjacent to some of their Salad and Go locations in Arizona. It's also drive through only. Lobster roll, fries and a drink for $9.99 and it's really good. I don't know if they're expanding that concept. Both have really good and cheap breakfast deals.
TyHolden
AG
jja79 said:

They'll work it out. They have this business model figured out. The founders are from Maine and they have a lobster place adjacent to some of their Salad and Go locations in Arizona. It's also drive through only. Lobster roll, fries and a drink for $9.99 and it's really good. I don't know if they're expanding that concept. Both have really good and cheap breakfast deals.
I have a cousin from Maine that likes lobster. Small world.
BiochemAg97
AG
jja79 said:

Oh, can we get one of the lobster roll places here. That would be awesome.
FlyRod
A $9.99 lobster roll? I'm from Maine and you can't get them that cheap there.

Methinks that's some other crustacean they're using lol.
Hornbeck
I've had a couple of the "Louisiana Lobster" Rolls that various places sometimes offer here. It doesn't hold a candle to the real thing in Maine.
oklaunion
techno-ag said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Pretty good prices.
I just had an Original taco. Thing is huge and tasty for less than 4 bucks.
Studro8355
It be better if the University just built a brand new facility instead of trying to convert a building that was made for retail.
jja79
AG
I've moved out here and there's one near me. I'm actually having one right now. They own a wharf at Bailey Island, Maine so they cut out that middle man. No advertising, no napkins, no seating, plain brown sacks so no branding, you order and pay automatically so they've cut out a lot of the cost. It's delicious. The bread is good enough to eat by itself. $8.50 if you don't get the fries.
FlyRod
That is awesome! I know that island fairly well from the old tuna tournaments.
Captn_Ag05
AG
oklaunion said:

techno-ag said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Pretty good prices.
I just had an Original taco. Thing is huge and tasty for less than 4 bucks.
Yes! I have been telling people to try the original breakfast burrito, but usually get strange looks and comments about not ordering a breakfast burrito from a salad place.
maroon barchetta
Original?

Y'all mean Traditional?

I don't see original on the menu
Captn_Ag05
AG
Yes traditional
oklaunion
yes, traditional. I will opt for one with no potatoes next time.
JMac03
AG
Autumn with steak for dinner. I was in the drive thru max 2 minutes after I ordered. Very quick and VERY friendly.

Even have a breakfast lunch deal. That is a steal!

A Net Full of Jello
AG
That's a great deal.
AggiePhil
AG
What's that in the salad, potato? Also, what is a breakfast lunch deal? Like an all day breakfast menu?
JMac03
AG
AggiePhil said:

What's that in the salad, potato? Also, what is a breakfast lunch deal? Like an all day breakfast menu?

If you look in the second photo, the breakfast deal (bottom left corner) has a burrito, a cold foam drink, or any other drink, and a salad for $9.99.

My salad has sweet potatoes, dried cranberries, pecans, Brussels sprouts.

michellecan
Where is this place
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
michellecan said:

Where is this place
Salad and Go
2502 Texas Ave
College Station, TX 77840
JMac03
AG
michellecan said:

Where is this place
Where the old Kettle was torn down.
Captn_Ag05
AG
AggiePhil said:

You can only get the breakfast food items until 10:30 on weekdays and 11 AM on weekends.
Captn_Ag05
AG
They are also opening a location in Bryan. I believe across from the HEB on Texas.
BiochemAg97
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

They are also opening a location in Bryan. I believe across from the HEB on Texas.

Yes. 3200 S Texas, which should be right across Texas from the Whataburger @ the Tejas Center. Looks like it won't be finished until next summer though.

https://brazosguardian.com/2023/07/27/salad-and-go-gears-up-to-nourish-bryan-tx-new-location-underway/
trouble
AG
Oooooooooh
ChampsAg
Geaux Daddy's Crawfish Coming to Navasota off Hwy 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.