BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

660,316 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
AG81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TyHolden said:

Dustoff00 said:

Poche's report for 3 adult diners.

Really enjoyed the food. Items consumed: appetizer, two cups of Gumbo(more like small bowls actually and really good flavor), side of Red Beans and rice(decent but nothing that stood out), Roast Beef po-boy(Sandwich was great, fries a bit cold but had good flavor), Shrimp & Crab Etouffee (nice flavors, plenty of shrimp, and good portion), bread pudding (not what I would normally expect when ordering at most restaurants, but was pleasantly surprised, light and delicious), a beer, soda, water. Would go back again and again just for Gumbo, RB po-boy, and Bread pudding alone. Menu should start to expand starting tomorrow, and the plan is to be fully opened up, including lunch hours, shortly after Alabama game. Glad we went and will be back often.

Btw only 77+tax and tip. I consider this very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food. For comparison, on par with places like Nate's in Addison for those that have been there.
Went tonight. About half full but it was raining. Food was great. It took a while but staff kept filling up my glass. I'll definitely go back. Met RC Slocum on the way out.

Recognizing it wasn't crowded, how was the noise level? 1860 is really loud.
TyHolden
AG
AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

Dustoff00 said:

Really enjoyed the food. Items consumed: appetizer, two cups of Gumbo(more like small bowls actually and really good flavor), side of Red Beans and rice(decent but nothing that stood out), Roast Beef po-boy(Sandwich was great, fries a bit cold but had good flavor), Shrimp & Crab Etouffee (nice flavors, plenty of shrimp, and good portion), bread pudding (not what I would normally expect when ordering at most restaurants, but was pleasantly surprised, light and delicious), a beer, soda, water. Would go back again and again just for Gumbo, RB po-boy, and Bread pudding alone. Menu should start to expand starting tomorrow, and the plan is to be fully opened up, including lunch hours, shortly after Alabama game. Glad we went and will be back often.

Btw only 77+tax and tip. I consider this very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food. For comparison, on par with places like Nate's in Addison for those that have been there.
Went tonight. About half full but it was raining. Food was great. It took a while but staff kept filling up my glass. I'll definitely go back. Met RC Slocum on the way out.
I didn't notice it. We were near the tvs and they were turned up for a game.

I've only been to 1860 once and I believe it was prom night because there was a million kids there dressed up. That was loud. I don't think Poche's would be anything like that.
VetSurg
AG
AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

Dustoff00 said:

Pretty noisy.
AG 86 BC
AG
Porches is pretty noisy, but the food and service is fantastic.
susieq30
Saw where there is a For Lease sign in front of Red Lobster today. Guess Trudy's Mexican Restaurant backed out.
Fan
S
AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

Dustoff00 said:

We tried 1860 after the Auburn game. Loved the food, but we would never go back on a gameday. We thought it was incredibly loud. I already had a headache from the sun/heat, and the noise in 1860 made it that much worse.
Tailgate88
AG
Fan said:

AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

Dustoff00 said:

We tried 1860 after the Auburn game. Loved the food, but we would never go back on a gameday. We thought it was incredibly loud. I already had a headache from the sun/heat, and the noise in 1860 made it that much worse.
It's loud every day in there. Too loud. Which is a shame because we love everything else about it.
dallasiteinsa02
1869 is loud and the service is always terrible. It is sad because I like the food.
AG81
AG
TyHolden said:

AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

Dustoff00 said:

I didn't notice it. We were near the tvs and they were turned up for a game.

I've only been to 1860 once and I believe it was prom night because there was a million kids there dressed up. That was loud. I don't think Poche's would be anything like that.
Hope not. Prom night or no, 1860 is over the top loud when full. Maybe someone has been there when Poches is full and can let us know. Anywhere near 1860 level noise and I'm out.
AG81
AG
susieq30 said:

Saw where there is a For Lease sign in front of Red Lobster today. Guess Trudy's Mexican Restaurant backed out.
Were the storage trailers still in the parking lot? I assumed that they were for Trudy's stuff, I doubt Red Lobster would pay to keep them there.
EvenPar
AG
People complain about restaurant noise just like they do the Kyle Field DJ. Yet the restaurants stay full and so does Kyle Field.

Moving on…..
TXAGBQ76
AG
Wasn't Red Lobster evicted for being ~$400K behind in rent payments? If so, they would not have been able to take their stuff would they?
trouble
AG
I expect a football stadium to be loud. I want to be able to hear in a decent restaurant.
trouble
AG
Something like that.
Tailgate88
AG
trouble said:

I expect a football stadium to be loud. I want to be able to hear in a decent restaurant.

Exactly.
maroon barchetta
Tailgate88 said:

trouble said:

Exactly.

That analogy.
MS08
AG
EvenPar said:

People complain about restaurant noise just like they do the Kyle Field DJ. Yet the restaurants stay full and so does Kyle Field.

Moving on…..

I'm not sure restaurants stay full. I see enough turnover to make me believe it's a very risky proposition in this market. Certain ones, yes they do well and stay busy, but, on the whole, I would not say our restaurants stay full.
tu ag
AG
I live close to 1860 and have never been because of the noise reputation.

You would think the owners would invest a few thousand in some noise dampening. They must have heard all the complaints, unless it is just too loud for them to have heard them.
chickencoupe16
AG
tu ag said:

You would think the owners would invest a few thousand in some noise dampening. They must have heard all the complaints, unless it is just too loud for them to have heard them.

It's worth it to go at least once, especially if you can go on an off night and/or off hour. I say that as someone that has been twice.
Tailgate88
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

tu ag said:

It's worth it to go at least once, especially if you can go on an off night and/or off hour. I say that as someone that has been twice.
They have added a few outside tables with umbrellas. My wife and I are looking for a nice cool evening to go check the patio out.
australopithecus robustus
I think the volume in there lends to the exuberant big city feel, which this town desperately needs. The owners likely feel all is good, considering the traffic they have.

Not all restaurants are created equal. There are other places to go for a quieter experience.

I for one love 1860 and know what to expect when I go. When I want something quieter, I go somewhere else or just stay home.

If businesses listened to every complaint, they'd be hopping from one foot to the other all the time bouncing around like a court jester. If the place is busy, they're happy with what they're doing....
trouble
AG
What? I cannot think of a big city fine dining restaurant loud enough that you can't hear your dinner partners across the table.

Nothing about loud noise says big city environment to me.
Broncos
Take it to the "I want to complain about everything board" and lets keep this to Coming and Going.
I never said 1860 was fine dining. It's very casual.

I think that might be where the disconnect is
EBrazosAg
AG
Coming. Going………
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
toolshed
AG
Conversation…
Captn_Ag05
AG
Some people really lean into the "etc." of the thread title.
Coming, uh arrived.

Big Dawg BBQ just opened their new trailer at The Backyard. I bet they kill it there.
EBrazosAg
AG
"New Topic" needs love in that case…..
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cstxfn
On Villa Maria Rd. near Forestwood Dr. there has been a sign up for what seems like years for a new convenience store and deli. Used to be a bank branch there before burning down. Anything ever going to be built there? Maybe the best convenience store/deli on God's green earth?
phillytex24
EvenPar said:

Moving on…..

I always wear my noise canceling Air Pods. I can still have conversations without the background noise.
FlyRod
australopithecus robustus said:

Coming, uh arrived.

Big Dawg BBQ just opened their new trailer at The Backyard. I bet they kill it there.

IIRC "Beef & Reef" was there before? Mentioning this because I saw where they are now partnering with The Corner bar.
Beef and Reef still there too
PS3D
A restaurant called "Garnished" is coming to the Caprock Crossing area.
Captn_Ag05
AG
From Facebook

Introducing Garnished!

Formerly known as Graze 'Em, we're thrilled to unveil our transformation into a Charcuterie & Cocktail Lounge, set to open its doors in early 2024. Stay tuned for a taste of what's to come!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.