BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2023)

659,615 Views | 2804 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tailgate88
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Tailgate88 said:

Hopefully an H-E-B insider can chime in here, but based on a rumor I heard and all of the construction trailers and equipment forming up behind the store, I believe additional expansion is imminent to the Tower Point store.

I heard they are expanding in back and creating a tunnel into the water tower, where they will create a spiral tower of Charmin inside to be prepared for the next pandemic.
Starting the new generation of Mi Tienda "Mole" People to survive and continue the traditions
happyinBCS
They are expanding the curbside in the old lease space and remodeling the front with offices and Buc-ee's style restrooms.
maroon barchetta
happyinBCS said:

They are expanding the curbside in the old lease space and remodeling the front with offices and Buc-ee's style restrooms.

HEBucee's.
UhOhNoAgTag
I think this was on the exec agenda last month as well?
Captn_Ag05
AG
I guess the sale of the property next to Costco from last December fell through?

https://wtaw.com/college-station-city-council-approves-land-sale-for-another-commercial-development-north-of-the-costco-store/

December 2022
Captn_Ag05
AG
rocketscience said:

The City Council has an executive session item on the agenda for Monday's meeting to discuss and possibly take action on two real estate matters. One is the property next to CostCo. The other is the Northgate Parking Lot.

Does this mean the city is selling the Northgate parking lot? If so, another high rise development, I assume.
rocketscience
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

rocketscience said:

The City Council has an executive session item on the agenda for Monday's meeting to discuss and possibly take action on two real estate matters. One is the property next to CostCo. The other is the Northgate Parking Lot.

Does this mean the city is selling the Northgate parking lot? If so, another high rise development, I assume.

It wasn't specified. That or some opportunities for additional restaurant/bar space would be my expectation. IIRC, the last bond committee declined to add a redevelopment of the Northgate lot into a market-type space. Maybe a private developer wants to pursue that.
techno-ag
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Hopefully an H-E-B insider can chime in here, but based on a rumor I heard and all of the construction trailers and equipment forming up behind the store, I believe additional expansion is imminent to the Tower Point store.
Good. It's crazy we don't have a bigger HEB there.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I guess the sale of the property next to Costco from last December fell through?

https://wtaw.com/college-station-city-council-approves-land-sale-for-another-commercial-development-north-of-the-costco-store/

December 2022

In looking further, it appears that this property is still being marketed by Oldham Goodwin and is listed as developed by Levcor.

https://d3k1yame0apvip.cloudfront.net/v2/client-10/88d3d0d6b82aa47/2023_Update___Hwy_6_Corporate_Pkwy___Midtown_Park__Levcor____Leasing_Flyer.pdf

Captn_Ag05
AG
Smokeey said:

Looks like that Booneville HEB is happening. Can't attach photos but Bryan City Council agenda says they will be reviewing some tax breaks Tuesday for the property across from Miramont with the developer promising "an HEB or greater supermarket", mixed commercial and residential development attached as well.
From the Agenda:

Quote:

Summary:
Staff was approached by the developer, Boonville Center, LLC, to assist in the development of property bounded by Green Valley Drive, FM 1179 (Briarcrest Drive), and FM 158 (Boonville Drive). The proposed mixed use development includes an approximately 30.718 acres. This proposed mixed use development consists of retail and housing. The City of Bryan and the Bryan Business Council (BBC) has diligently worked with the developer and property owners over the past 18 months to bring this development to the point where the City Council can consider assisting in the public infrastructure for retail development to this area of town. The obligations for the City under this agreement are:

• Install traffic signals at Boonville Road at its intersection with Miramont Boulevard and at the intersection of Green Valley and Briarcrest Drives. The expected cost for this improvement is $1,000,000. These signals will only be installed when necessary.
  • Reimburse the Developer for the extension of public water and public sewer in an amount not to exceed $361,432. The public water and public sewer will serve the entire mixed use development being proposed under this agreement.
  • Reimburse the Developer for the drainage detention associated with the retail properties in an amount not to exceed $179,815.
  • Reimburse the Developer for the bypass drainage channel that will lower the flood plain elevation within existing properties in Wheeler Ridge in an amount not to exceed $201,252.
  • Reimburse deceleration lanes on Boonville Road for the associated retail in an amount not to exceed $196,210.

Cyp0111
Levcor is a pretty legit developer.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
"HEB or better". What's better than HEB?
Visor
AG
Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Central Market
Captn_Ag05
AG
A Mochinut is going in next to Nick the Greek at Wellborn and SW Parkway.

Quote:

Mochinut is more than just a Donut. We are a popular brand of Mochi donuts.

Our main menus are Mochi Donuts, Korean Rice Flour Hotdogs, Bubble Tea Drinks and Soft Serve.
https://www.mochinut.com/

Charpie
AG
Visor said:

I wouldn't call those better than HEB. They have their place for sure. But not better.
Visor
AG
Haha fair - just wish we could get one of them here!
Charpie
AG
Visor said:

Haha fair - just wish we could get one of them here!

SAME
PS3D
Visor said:

Randalls, but only if the merger falls through.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Visor said:

Central Market is still HEB

And idk if y'all ever shopped at Central Market…but it is not anywhere close to shopping at HEB. Very much like a European market type feel to it.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Has there been any progress on the Popstroke that was supposed to be going in near Century Square? I thought the plan was to break ground in October, but I haven't seen indication of it.
AggiePhil
AG
Never been to a Central Market, Trader Joe's, or Whole Foods...but my folks live in Dallas and rave about Whole Foods. Would be nice to get one here, given the size of our community.
FlyRod
I'm grateful for the increase in Central Market brands showing up at our HEBs, especially the Wellborn one, and re Italian food items in particular. May the trend continue.
TyHolden
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Quote:

Our main menus are Mochi Donuts, Korean Rice Flour Hotdogs, Bubble Tea Drinks and Soft Serve.
I took my kids to the one near Sugarland. Stood in line for about half an hour. Half of them were adults.
Captn_Ag05
AG
TyHolden said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Quote:

I took my kids to the one near Sugarland. Stood in line for about half an hour. Half of them were adults.
Worth the wait?
TyHolden
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

TyHolden said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Quote:

Worth the wait?
My kids liked it. I didn't eat anything
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Quote:

The "hotdogs" on that menu are certainly... something.
Captn_Ag05
AG
rocketscience said:

https://opendoc.cstx.gov/DocArc/DocView.aspx?id=1907632&dbid=0&repo=DOCUMENT-SERVER

Does anyone know if the board took any action in open session on the property next to Costco or the Northgate parking lot?
rocketscience
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

rocketscience said:

https://opendoc.cstx.gov/DocArc/DocView.aspx?id=1907632&dbid=0&repo=DOCUMENT-SERVER

Does anyone know if the board took any action in open session on the property next to Costco or the Northgate parking lot?
No action was taken on those items.

https://blog.cstx.gov/2023/12/11/live-blog-mondays-city-council-meeting-dec-11/
PS3D
A Net Full of Jello said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Quote:

The "hotdogs" on that menu are certainly... something.
Korean corn dogs! You're in for a treat.
bushytailed
AG
After years of speculation, Rusty announced a new HEB for the corner of Briarcrest and Booneville:

" A new $33 million HEB store and residential development is coming to the southeast corner of Briarcrest and Boonville Rd in Bryan. The only timeline we have is that it has to happen within 7 years if the developer wants to be reimbursed nearly $1 million by the city for infrastructure-related costs."
Charpie
AG
bushytailed said:

After years of speculation, Rusty announced a new HEB for the corner of Briarcrest and Booneville:

" A new $33 million HEB store and residential development is coming to the southeast corner of Briarcrest and Boonville Rd in Bryan. The only timeline we have is that it has to happen within 7 years if the developer wants to be reimbursed nearly $1 million by the city for infrastructure-related costs."

WOOHOO.
Visor
AG
How about in the next 12 months
aggiepaintrain
AG
Capriottis will honor Mad Taco gift cards

Ya'll need to try the HOT Turkey Bobbie
maroon barchetta
aggiepaintrain said:

Is Capriotti's a Madden venture?
Rex Racer
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Agreed. SO GOOD.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.