*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

369,690 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
InnerCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

LOL... says the one who got ***** slapped into a sandy vagina.

Edit because top of new page and it felt awkward without the jpg.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That don't make no sense
The Collective
AG
Must have been the first time Vader told Fett no disintegration.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Is that from an old comic or new canon?
old comic, and even more stupid, that fight takes place right outside the mos eisley cantina. Oh, and Han Solo is there too. Still not as stupid as Luke vs. Ghost Maul or Reincarnated Clone Maul vs. Vader, but it's up there.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/48954/2426310-prey__4_.jpg[/img][img]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/48954/2426312-prey__6_.jpg" />

redline248
AG
See, that right there is why Disney put all that crap in the trash.
The Collective
AG
Holy ****. That's bad.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
It's possible he has some force affinity, but I bet not.
I really think Finn is force sensitive, and when the awakening happened he, of all the brainwashed stormtroopers, felt it and changed.

Man, I hope he isn't just because the. That would be like returning to the PT where almost everyone of consequence was force sensitive. If he ends up being force sensitive, I really hope he remains untrained and that it's his choice not to be.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

They should have thrown out the clone wars series as well. Or at least the entire Darth maul and father of the force lightside daughter dark side son planet arcs
Philo B 93
There's a new set of comics that came out in 2015 based on the current canon. They take place between IV and V, I think. Has anyone read those? Any good? The reviews on Amazon are good.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

They should have thrown out the clone wars series as well. Or at least the entire Darth maul and father of the force lightside daughter dark side son planet arcs

Maul was actually good. Mortis and trying to explain how the force worked through dialogue and symbolism was possibly the worst part of the series.
Duncan Idaho
The maul part would have been good if maul hadn't have been killed in the movie.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They really struggled to carry the villains over from one movie to the next. Would have been fantastic to have Maul last until Episode II, or even better to have Dooku on the council in Episode I and leave the order at the end of the movie, only to re-emerge in Episode II as the new bad guy when Maul gets defeated. An Anakin-Maul fight would have really stamped him as the Chosen One.

General Grievous is the worst example of this. He is introduced as the super bad guy in the Episode III crawl, he runs away from his first fight, and is killed in his second one. In the comics, he's introduced as being a secret project in the depths of Geonosis, and gets unleashed as the Clone Wars start, killing several Jedi in the dark tunnels under the surface. How great would that have been on film, as a threat of what's to come in Episode III?

The OT mentions the Emperor and Jabba in the first movie, introduces Fett in the second one and shows Palpy; and then Jabba, Fett, and Palpy can all be plausible bad guys in ROTJ because of the groundwork.

Probably why Phasma is in TFA. If she plays a big role in the next one, we know who she is and that she's got a grudge against Finn (and presumably Chewie, can't believe I haven't see a You got knocked da fuq out gif yet with her and Chewie)
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's possible he has some force affinity, but I bet not.
I really think Finn is force sensitive, and when the awakening happened he, of all the brainwashed stormtroopers, felt it and changed.

Man, I hope he isn't just because the. That would be like returning to the PT where almost everyone of consequence was force sensitive. If he ends up being force sensitive, I really hope he remains untrained and that it's his choice not to be.
I get where you're going and tend to agree with you. I'm just looking for an explanation as to why he would have coincidentally gained a conscience at the same time as the force awakening.
OnlyForNow
AG
He had never been on an actual mission until the slaughter on Jakku.

His first taste of killing innocents didn't take well with his programming.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maul was actually good. Mortis and trying to explain how the force worked through dialogue and symbolism was possibly the worst part of the series.

The Mortis stuff was also some of the only episodes Lucas had much direct control over. Typical.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The maul part would have been good if maul hadn't have been killed in the movie.
What's funny is that there is a segment of the fan base that laments over Filoni helming another show in the SWU (Rebels) when he made it a point to canonize as much as he could of the EU (now Legends) by including it into the show, but also ***** and moan over the EU being thrown out of canon.

It's interesting to note that the premise of Maul's return (wanting revenge against Kenobi) came from the EU/Legends comic Old Wounds IIRC.
aarjon
I thought the same. I was wondering if he was part of the "awakening." Snoke and Kylo say they've felt it when Finn and Rey escape Jakku
bangobango
AG
Kylo senses something wrong with Finn, also when he stops and stares at him before boarding his ship.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Kylo also senses Han's arrival on Starkiller Base. Since the Force is something that is in and binds all in the SWU, then it isn't much of a stretch to think that the Force is at work behind the scenes here.
Texaggie7nine
Could have just been bad gas.
7nine
jackie childs
quote:
An Anakin-Maul fight would have really stamped him as the Chosen One.
I shudder to think how many limbs and/or appendages Anakin would lose in that one
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
An Anakin-Maul fight would have really stamped him as the Chosen One.
I shudder to think how many limbs and/or appendages Anakin would lose in that one
My Powers have QUADRUPLED since the last time you saw me, Darth Maul!
Iowaggie
AG
I've been thinking about what I don't like about Kylo Ren, and perhaps it is because I wanted him to be as evil as Vader was when I first saw it as a young lad.

Whenever the conversation of greatest movie villain comes up, Vader comes up in the discussion.

He was this evil machine that crushed people's necks and struck down Obi Wan. He seemed indestructible. As a youngster, I was probably scared of that character. In a New Hope, he appeared to have no weakness.

Kylo Ren bleeds, struggled/lost in his Saber battles with 2 people who had just picked it up within a few hours, and we've already seen his face, and he looks like a young Severus Snape. Maybe he's the character/actor that I wish Anakin had been, I don't know. Kylo just seems so much weaker than what Vader was.

However, I can accept he is force strong that had control issues.
Knife_Party
The major difference between Ren and Vader is that Ren is an unfinished project. His training isn't complete. His story about who he is is still being told. He is coming of age in this trilogy, similar to Luke but with a bit of a head start.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
I've been thinking about what I don't like about Kylo Ren, and perhaps it is because I wanted him to be as evil as Vader was when I first saw it as a young lad.

Whenever the conversation of greatest movie villain comes up, Vader comes up in the discussion.

He was this evil machine that crushed people's necks and struck down Obi Wan. He seemed indestructible. As a youngster, I was probably scared of that character. In a New Hope, he appeared to have no weakness.

Kylo Ren bleeds, struggled/lost in his Saber battles with 2 people who had just picked it up within a few hours, and we've already seen his face, and he looks like a young Severus Snape. Maybe he's the character/actor that I wish Anakin had been, I don't know. Kylo just seems so much weaker than what Vader was.

However, I can accept he is force strong that had control issues.
The emphasis put on Kylo "finishing his training" leads me to think that the Kylo we will get in Episode 8 is going to be darker, stronger, and much nastier. Snoke is going to twist him into something pretty bad.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
So how did Kylo live? He was out cold on Starkiller minutes before it blew up.
AggieSportsGuy
AG
Hux picked him up.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
How can anyone be confused about Snoke being a hologram...even after the movie my kids and nephew all said they were relieved when he disappeared and he was a hologram and not some giant being.

He disappeared TWICE on screen....

TCTTS or what's his name was too busy listening to the dialogue to notice the obvious.

As was anyone else fooled by it.
TCTTS
AG
Didn't say I was confused. Only that I talked to three different people who were.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if they had filmed an extended dialogue in the castle bar between Han and the lady.
hurleyag
AG
quote:
quote:

This has got me thinking...Kylo and Rey are siblings. This is the balance of the force. The lightside daughter and the darkside son.

Luke and Leia were first supposed to be the balance but Luke stayed lightside and Leia didn't embrace the force. The force them moved to the next generation to try and balance itself.

H6RBW
AG
Saw the movie on Dec. 26. Been working my way through this thread on and off since then.can't wait to see how many new pages there are to get through on the Discussion thread.
nikator
AG
Think I saw this on Facebook and not here...

27 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' questions answered by the novel
http://mashable.com/2015/12/29/force-awakens-novel/#ZLGnsQAX.Pq3
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
The Collective
AG
quote:
"Kylo Ren, I watched the Galactic Empire rise, and then fall. The gullible prattle on about the triumph of truth and justice, of individualism and free will. As if such things were solid and real instead of simple subjective judgments. The historians have it all wrong. It was neither poor strategy nor arrogance that brought down the Empire. You know too well what did."

Ren nodded once. "Sentiment."

redline248
AG
I'm wondering if Snoke isn't someone that was part of Palp's inner circle, with some small force ability. Maybe one of his advisors or guards that wore red in Jedi. Trying to pick up the pieces, but obviously knows Luke is pretty damn powerful.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.