*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

358,098 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
AMW2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rumor is snoke is the size of yoda... And it kinda makes sense cause they portrayed him as a giant menacing figure in his holograms, with a Napoleon complex for power
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Serkis has said in several interviews that his character is around 7 feet tall.
AMW2010
AG
I don't follow the stuff that deep to know, I just saw something online and thought it was an interest article. It seemed to make sense just thinking about it tho cause that hologram was beyond huge
JJxvi
AG
quote:
While I was slightly disappointed that only the X-wing was present, the A-wing has been in service since at least Star Wars Rebels. So by the time that TFA rolls around, they would be roughly 40 year old tech. Not only that, but in the EU/Legends they weren't exactly the most reliable fighters either. I was more saddened that B-Wings weren't present.

The trooper with the electrified baton thing was a riot trooper.

I doubt they nerfed lightsabers, but rather most of them had glancing blows from their battles and wasn't close enough like Kenobi was in TPM to outright cut someone in half.
Darth Maul survived that, actually.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
OnlyForNow
AG
Ok so a few questions and thoughts

1- Han was probably the one who smuggled Rey to Jakku but isn't directly related to her

2- if the sub hadn't gone out would Kylo still have killed Han?

3 - add more later
Malachi Constant
AG
For #2 I think the Sun going dark was just a thematic thing to reinforce all the light had left Kylo.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
Seems like an odd venue to find people who don't like Texas A&M athletics.

I hope you're not talking bout me with that statement! I love A&M football, I just like Star Wars more.
OnlyForNow
AG
Sorry about the re-post.

While I got that initially, during my 2nd viewing I thought that his attitude changed there when the sun went out.

Dunno, probably just me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, just did it for thematic value, imo.
AMW2010
AG
Also read the original title of VII was shadows of the empire

I really liked that n64 game

Battle on hoth, speeder bikes, fighting slave 1, and flying the outrider, which was as cool as the falcon
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Darth Maul survived that, actually.
Yes I know. Fortunately for TCW, his arc turned out to be pretty damn good. Initially when I saw him pop up my immediate reaction was "Really?"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Take this with a HUGE grain of salt, but someone on 4chan who claims to be connected with Disney people says the title for Ep VIII will be Star Wars: The Knights of Ren.
TCTTS
AG
That would actually be amazing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. Love it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Also read the original title of VII was shadows of the empire
Shadow of the Empire was the original title. Not Shadows.
TCTTS
AG
TKOR - I even like the acronym too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Each of the titles in their respective trilogies seem to really sync up thematically.

The Phantom Menace --> A New Hope --> The Force Awakens
All refer to a particular character who is strong with the force and is setting off on their journey/rise to power.

Attack of the Clones --> The Empire Strikes Back --> The Knights of Ren
Pretty straightforward. The rise of our bad guys.

Revenge of the Sith --> Return of the Jedi --> ???
Again, pretty straightforward. Gotta imagine they follow this pattern closely for IX.
redline248
AG
Never trust 4chan
redline248
AG
Return of Mack!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Like I said, grain of salt. But you'd be surprised how much accurate information actually does get leaked on 4chan.
jackie childs
this lady also posted a sneak peak at what finn will look like in episode VIII:

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Never trust 4chan
Truth.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
fig96
AG
quote:
Serkis has said in several interviews that his character is around 7 feet tall.
He also thinks he doesn't need anyone else to create the digital characters he's so famous for
fig96
AG
Hmm...definitely plausible. I need to really do some looking into all these other books.
redline248
AG
quote:
Hmm...definitely plausible. I need to really do some looking into all these other books.

Meh. I think it's more likely that Kylo went to Endor himself. I don't guess it really matters, though. He never stated how he knows that storm trooper was at the battle of endor, did he?
Ag Since 83
AG
I'd prefer it if they just said Luke kept his father's mask after burning the body, and Kylo stole it from his uncle when he betrayed him.
Southlake
So...did you think Carrie Fisher looked that old?

I didn't think she looked any comparatively older than Han or even Luke, but she did look different as though she's had plastic surgery. I had heard she and Mark Hamill lost a lot of weight to play their roles.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

I didn't think she looked any comparatively older than Han or even Luke, but she did look different as though she's had plastic surgery. I had heard she and Mark Hamill lost a lot of weight to play their roles.

on 2nd viewing i kept looking at her specifically and i thought she looked fine. the first viewing i found her distracting a few times but the second she certainly looked age appropriate and actually better than i thought i remembered from the 1st time.
Ulrich
After people mentioned her upper lip I saw what they meant, but she didn't jump off the screen as a horrible mess.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I had heard she and Mark Hamill lost a lot of weight to play their roles.
They both did, but Hamill's was like almost a return to his previous Jedi form.

I mean, damn he lost a bunch of weight.
MandoArms
Some more reading on the Rey is a Kenobi theory...I like it more than the Skywalker theory.

https://medium.com/@benostrower/rey-is-a-kenobi-362b5af09849#.t2dzao2yr
wangus12
AG
quote:

I didn't think she looked terrible. Sure the upper lip thing was there. Another thing is that she was sucking in during her scenes, especially her goodbye with Han. Gut sucked in, chest puffed out.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Hamill got fat fairly recently. He didn't look like that 10 years ago.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.