*** STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Spoiler Discussion/Reactions ***

369,927 Views | 2952 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Philip J Fry
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's completely plausible that a great pilot like Poe would have studied the design of the TIEs. Maybe the resistance recovered a few that were shot down.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
One thing I don't remember being mentioned yet: Luke's hand. Where did all the prosthetic flesh go?
I had the same thought. I figure synthetic skin probably degrades over time. 30 years is a long time.
AggieSouth06
Honestly I felt that the opening crawl was a little unfocused...

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I also teared up a little when Chewie was shot and when Leia and Han saw each other finally... I want to know what drove them apart for real.

That was also a hilarious way to reintroduce C-3PO
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Just checking in - just got out and really, really liked it. Cast, effects and score were excellent.

Off to read all 44 pages of this thread now.
See you sometime next week then!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Should have been a mid-credits scene of Chewie and R2 having a dejarik rematch from ANH in the Falcon while Luke and Rey meet.
redline248
AG
quote:
8. Smeagol...errrr... Snoke's character; and Kylo being so ... Weak
We really have no idea what Snoke is like. He's the Supreme Leader, so that has to be meaningful somewhat. As to him coming across weak in appearance...well, I don't know what to say about that. He was all deformed looking, maybe that was to show that he survived some great trauma, which helped him rise to whatever power he has now.

Kylo's weakness has be discussed pretty well. He was clearly a strong force user, but I think equally clear is that he isn't a master and not in complete control. His internal struggle and striving to be like Vader likely hampered his strength, as well.

Oh yeah, are people really fine with Rey overpowering Kylo during the interrogation mind reading, but not that she used the force to pull the lightsaber out of the snow away from him?
Bunk Moreland
Han got the big pay day...but he carried the movie and he's Han, so that's obvious. Also, he's done going forward so this is his send off(and well worth the money)

Hamill and Fisher each made about $1 or $2 million.

Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver $750-$999k

Boyega and Ridley around $300-$400k.

Obviously those salaries will skyrocket for VIII now that they have screen time and negotiating power.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Just checking in - just got out and really, really liked it. Cast, effects and score were excellent.

Off to read all 44 pages of this thread now.

Just don't go Bill Kemp on this thread.
LeonardSkinner
If you're a parent, I think you ought to know who Snoke is...

Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Han got the big pay day...but he carried the movie and he's Han, so that's obvious. Also, he's done going forward so this is his send off(and well worth the money)

Hamill and Fisher each made about $1 or $2 million.

Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver $750-$999k

Boyega and Ridley around $300-$400k.

Obviously those salaries will skyrocket for VIII now that they have screen time and negotiating power.
in screentime per $ ratio, Luke made out like a bandit.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Probably deserved. Whatever they made for the OT, I guarantee it wasn't enough.
Quinn
AG
What's crazy to me is that its reported in that article that Boyega and Ridley were paid $500K for TFA. I'm assuming they are paid something similar for VIII, with a big raise coming for IX.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So who do y'all think will be the breakout mega star of the new cast?

Oscar Isaac already has a great career going, but the other three aren't as well know. (Boyega, Ridley, and Driver)

I think Driver's career skyrockets from here. On the fence about the other two but Ridley is definitely the most crushed on actress in the world now. At least in my case.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
I feel bad for the poster a few pages back whose kid cried after Han bought the farm. I was 7 years old when I first saw Obi Wan get chopped by Darth Vader. That shook me for a while, but I'd only had 2 hours to get attached to him. We've had Han for almost 40 years.
I'll be honest, I knew it was coming and I teared up a little .... Im 34...

I also teared up a little when Chewie was shot and when Leia and Han saw each other finally... I want to know what drove them apart for real.
ever heard the phrase "no matter how hot a chick is....."

jk....and leia is not that hot....han is a wild card anyway, a pirate at heart.....but when you have a child go rogue, like the death of a child, few relationships survive that...lotsa blame to go around.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Oscar Isaac already has a great career going, but the other three aren't as well know. (Boyega, Ridley, and Driver)

I think Driver's career skyrockets from here. On the fence about the other two but Ridley is definitely the most crushed on actress in the world now. At least in my case.
Ridley.

Next question please.
redline248
AG
I love her
Quinn
AG
Ridley is gonna be an absolute star, no question.

I loved Isaac and Driver already, and I think this will be a big boost to both of their careers and public profile since neither was that well known to the general public.
Quinn
AG
Didn't they all get a percentage cut of the OT?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

Ridley.

Next question please.
no question, i mean they were ALL great but come on....

you basically just took Ripley from Alien and Luke from Star Wars and combined them in the biggest movie franchise in the world.....she is young, cute, hot, action star, and amazingly humble and grounded right now....

if you did not see her on Jimmy Fallon watch it...she is SOOO endearing it is awesome.

all the clips are here - the one where it says she cried is the long part of the interview...

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/search/daisy%20ridley
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
If you're a parent, I think you ought to know who Snoke is...

An evil Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender?
Farmer1906
AG
Well Poe is Apocalypse in the next X-Men so I would say he is well on his way to being a big star even if his costume is ****ty.

Bunk Moreland
Isaac's career was already blowing up prior to SW. SW and X Men will earn him some big paycheck and feature roles, but the guy is supremely talented. I see a Bale type career out of him.
jeffk
AG
Ok, I lied... I only read like ten of the 44 pages...

Is there any way Luke could have been channeling Force powers/knowledge to Rey once she "awakened?" Would explain her quick learning curve.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Just got back from Walmart and they're already pre selling DVDs
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think the going theory on her awakening was the lightsaber calling to her in a similar manner to how Luke was somewhat called to the cave. Then Kylo trying to extract information from her furthered it.
bankshot11
AG
Pretty sure Disney would have signed Ridley and Boyega to deals for all 3 movies, not individually, just so that they wouldn't be able to negotiate a bigger wage.

Also, something really weird: watched Ex Machina the other night where you see Poe as a crazy bad guy and Hux as an innocent good guy. Bit of a change from their TFA roles.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Pretty sure Disney would have signed Ridley and Boyega to deals for all 3 movies, not individually, just so that they wouldn't be able to negotiate a bigger wage.

They announced last year that the salaries would be on a sliding scale based off experience from the old trilogy to the new.

And while she has announced that she signed on for the next 2, there are a lot of stipulations that go into those contracts to the point that I don't think she can be held to a certain number on future movies when a ton of the potential revenue is based off the success(or failure) or previous films.

They'll have wiggle room, and their contracts will increase a good amount for 8 and 9
Philo B 93
One very cool thing I learned during this movie is that my left tear duct does not work. Apparently I only cry out of my right eye. Weird, but at least now I know to stand on somebody's right side at a funeral if I want to hide tears.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
We all know at some point Luke is going to tell Kylo that Darth went back to the light side, and Kylo is gonna absolutely have a meltdown.
I think he already told him that which is why he is striving to be "better" than Vader by getting rid of anything that could tempt him to the light (Han, Luke, Etc)
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I think him killing Han is going to set him up to just go completely crazy in the next set of movies. I wonder what reaction Luke will have when he finds out Han is dead.
I think as someone already mentions... He already knows / knew (force visions of the future) it would happen but did nothing because he has become wise like Yoda.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
I think him killing Han is going to set him up to just go completely crazy in the next set of movies. I wonder what reaction Luke will have when he finds out Han is dead.
I think as someone already mentions... He already knows / knew (force visions of the future) it would happen but did nothing because he has become wise like Yoda.
The Joker/Trickster has become wise?! Great maker help us all.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
I wouldn't say he knew it was going to happen, but he definitely knew when it happened.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
How many pages is this thread going to have by 12/31/15 at 11:59 p.m. when we can go back to posting on the other one? This thread might challenge the general thread until Rogue 1 gets closer to happening.
LeonardSkinner
It is Kaos!

Skylanders toys/video games.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.